PDA

View Full Version : slower bps

spyderfan4271
02-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Alot of rec players can't afford to or don't see a reason to shoot 20+ bps. There seems to be a general interest in lower rof wheither it be woodsball, pump or soon to be released side arm pistols. With even speedball leagues lowering there rate of fire do you thing companies other than kingman and tippmann might ever make a semi-auto ever again? I don't mean a bunch of spyder knock-offs because they are already and always going to be there. I'm thinking like a ego, dye or bob long without batteries, Why not!

DFSniper
02-09-2009, 07:57 PM
no. because people like flashy guns. and fast = flashy.

bigred76
02-09-2009, 07:57 PM
You want something like that, buy an Automag. ;)

Also, Ego is not a brand, it is a marker made by Planet Eclipse, who previously made the Eclipse Autococker... :)

spyderfan4271
02-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Didn't feel like typing out Planet eclipse thought everyone knew planet eclipse makes ego, I figured if I just put P E someone would tell me this is not gym class.

DFSniper
02-09-2009, 08:16 PM
nexus cocker > ego/geo/etek

oh, and this isnt confirmed yet, but bob may be making a pump.

slim and shady
02-09-2009, 09:09 PM
nexus cocker > ego/geo/etek

sweet! I wish kingman would make another pump :(

bigred76
02-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Didn't feel like typing out Planet eclipse thought everyone knew planet eclipse makes ego, I figured if I just put P E someone would tell me this is not gym class.

I figured such, but just in case you didn't know about PE making Autocockers... now ya do. :)

Bob's new pump'll have NOTHING on the new CCM's... :eek:

DFSniper
02-09-2009, 09:27 PM
the single tube? :D

spyderfan4271
02-10-2009, 02:32 PM
I figured such, but just in case you didn't know about PE making Autocockers... now ya do. :)

Bob's new pump'll have NOTHING on the new CCM's... :eek:

I thought Bob Orr basically started autococker when he made the original sniper based on a sheridian pgp but capable of accepting a longer barrel? Didn't PE just make the electronic trigger frames, E blades?

bigred76
02-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Yes and no. A Sniper is an Autococker but an Autococker isn't a Sniper. While PE also made EBlades, those are not the Autocockers I was referring to.

Also, back in the day Smart Parts used to make 'Cockers.

EDIT: For instance -- http://www.pcri.net/gun13.html

DFSniper
02-10-2009, 04:41 PM
wow, "Paintball Planet".... never thought i'd hear that name again!

xsvly-fat
02-10-2009, 07:44 PM

Wow that'll be cool.

To answer the question, I don't think any high end company would make a semi auto marker cause then it would ruin there name haha.

bigred76
02-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Yes and no. A Sniper is an Autococker but an Autococker isn't a Sniper. While PE also made EBlades, those are not the Autocockers I was referring to.

Also, back in the day Smart Parts used to make 'Cockers.

EDIT: For instance -- http://www.pcri.net/gun13.html

xsvly-fat... :banned:

:headbrick:

The reason why a company does not make these mechanical markers you're requesting currently is because noone wants them. You REALLY would sacrifice the efficiency and smoothness of a decent EP for a mech? I get the whole pump and OS train of thought, I really do, but taking that idea into a tournament with people out there to win... you're asking to get slammed into the ground and dragged around.

EDIT: One more thing, this thread is not about "semi-automatic markers," as any recball field has semi-auto markers all over the place. It's a mode of fire, not a kind.