PDA

View Full Version : upload custom ringtones:help!

kramernator
02-09-2009, 03:52 PM
i know there is a free way to upload a audio clip to the internet, then have it sent to your phone so that you can save it and use it as a ringtone. (my phone has no ports for memory cards and can't connect to the computer)

i was wondering if anybody knew of any sites that do this, thanks a lot

oh, and i don't want the ones that require you to log onto the internet w/ your phone to retrieve the ringtone... again thanks for any help!!

bamf-hacker
02-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Go to your providers site. Sometimes they have a send multimedia message option. Go there and send yourself the audio clip. Then save it as a ringtone and you are good to go.

Critical
02-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Who's the service provider?

kramernator
02-09-2009, 05:22 PM
i have alltel, they make you pay for the tones if you get them from their site :(

Critical
02-09-2009, 05:31 PM
http://www.funformobile.com/pages/ringtone/uploadRingtone.php

I haven't used it personally, but all you need to do is put in your number and browse for the file on your PC. I use a similar one for Sprint.

kramernator
02-09-2009, 05:38 PM
that one makes my connect to the internet through my phone, and i don't want to do that cuz my plan doesn't include internet service... thanks though

DFSniper
02-09-2009, 05:39 PM
oh man, theres a program that you can use, but i forget the name. my best friend had it on his computer. it didnt work with my phone because my provider doesnt support automated text messages.

kramernator
02-09-2009, 05:58 PM
well if you remember it please post it up, thanks

oh and remember, i will probably only use it if it is free.

Critical
02-09-2009, 07:36 PM
you can also try www.bitpim.org, but it may or may not work with your phone.

kidonfire
02-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Ok, just go to Phonezoo.com and make an account. You can then upload the ringtone to the site, and it will give you the option to send it to your phone.

colonel_moo
02-12-2009, 07:20 PM
i don't know if alltel has this feature, but Verizon lets you email things (including ringtones) to your phone. To do that, I just email mynumber@vzwpix.com. If you can send picture messages, try sending a picture to your email address, then you will have the email address of your phone.

kidonfire
02-17-2009, 12:42 PM
i don't know if alltel has this feature, but Verizon lets you email things (including ringtones) to your phone. To do that, I just email mynumber@vzwpix.com. If you can send picture messages, try sending a picture to your email address, then you will have the email address of your phone.

I used to do that, but Verizon is now blocking all messages coming from e-mail, to "prevent spam".