PDA

View Full Version : A whole new outlook...

bamf-hacker
02-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Well I am turning over a new leaf and will be more appreciative of things in my life, here is why:

Last night I had, to date, the scariest thing happen to me. I got a sudden bad headache on Saturday morning in the back of my skull and behind my left eye. I never get headaches so it was miserable. I ignored it and took some Tylonol. The pain did not go away. By Sunday afternoon it was not any better and my Wife made me call the Doctor. He made me go to the ER ASAP. When I got there, they took all my vitals etc and gave me some AWESOME drugs to get rid of the headache. They also took blood and sent me in for a CAT scan.

A few hours later the results came back and neither the blood or CAT scan showed anything, but that concerned the Doctors even more. they explained to me that I may have the beginnings of an aneurysm and that if it bleed anymore I would die. It could start to bleed while I was laying there. The only way to know for sure was to do a spinal tap and test the fluid around my brain and spine. If I did have even the slightest amount of blood I would be rushed in for brain surgery.

They did the spinal tap and after the longest two hour wait, they came back with the good results that the fluid was clear. They are chalking up my headache to lack of caffeine, sleep and excess stress.

During that 2 hour window I was laying on my back staring at the ceiling thinking how my Wife and Kids would handle their Husband and Father dieing. I started making my list for them and tried to stay as strong as I could even though I was scared more than ever.

So now I am home, with a headache worse than the orginal one (side effect of the spinal tap) and a pain in my back like someone sucker punched me. Since I now know I am not going to die (at least not right now), I have a new found love for my friends and family.

Go find your Husband/Wife/Mother/Father/Brother/Sister/Son/Daughter/Cousin/Grand Parents/everyone and make sure you tell them how much you love them.

ferret15
02-09-2009, 10:14 AM
woah! will do.

DFSniper
02-09-2009, 10:54 AM
wow, dan. at first i thought you were just a little late with your new year's resolution! glad things turned out ok. nothing brings you back to your senses like staring death in the face!

RSX99
02-09-2009, 11:11 AM
It is quite easy to lose sight of what's really important in life isn't it? I have to tell myself this from time to time. Glad to hear you're ok.

TheDarkShadow
02-09-2009, 01:15 PM
wow, that is scary, I'm glad to hear that you are okay

LostCause
02-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Im glad your ok bro, really am thats scary stuff...

and ease up on the caffine and stuff if it aint your brain it will affect your heart (sorry preaching to the choir but man that stuff will mess you up after a while :/)

irishwarrior
02-09-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm glad to hear you're alright, that sounds like something that would scare the crud outta someone...

xsvly-fat
02-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Wow, that's scary. Good thing everything is ok.

Hossy
02-09-2009, 06:58 PM
I saw your brain! ahh!
Im glad that your ok Dan. And Im glad your being apreciative of more things. Its a good thing to do.

Drefish99
02-09-2009, 06:59 PM
I love you man!!!

slim and shady
02-09-2009, 08:16 PM
I can see how a situation like that would point out what is important in life not only to you but to those close to you. Im glad your ok.

vikingshadow
02-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Wish I wasn't in Tulsa right now - I'd go hug my wife and kids right now! Glad everything is all right, though.

Isn't it amazing how our frailities have a habit of rising up and kicking us in the cojones every now an then just to let us know we aren't invincible?

buffblackbird2002
02-09-2009, 09:12 PM
hey, i have migraines nearly every week and i find them disabling. your message almost, ok did bring a tear to my eye. i know exactly that feeling wondering how they are going to do without a father/husband. i am a heart patient and have had a doctor tell me that i should be dead more than once. God Bless you.

bigred76
02-09-2009, 11:26 PM
I <3 you Dan, I'm glad you're OK now. :)

VS3 Sniper
02-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Whoa Dan....Talk about a close call. I'm glad your ok.

STRIKEFIRST
02-13-2009, 04:07 PM
I've had enough bad news for everyone for the year....NOONE ON THIS FORUMS IS ALLOWED TO HAVE ANYTHING GO WRONG!

big_daddy_d
02-14-2009, 06:23 AM
holy crap, take care of yourself...