PDA

View Full Version : Help bring back Hall fx magnetic switch kits!

darkspidie1984
02-04-2009, 06:30 AM
**This is not a BST, This is merely to gauge interest in the product and direct people to a place where they can find more info and potentially pick one up.**
I want to start by saying I am in no way affiliated with X-customs. I am simply a fan of this small companies work. I saw many others were interested in obtaining this product just as I am.
Ok many of you who were around a few years ago remember hearing, seeing, or using the Hall Fx kit made by XyXyll the owner of X-customs. If you don't remember or you were not around then it was one of the best drop in upgrades ever invented for a spyder that increased the firing rate that most players could extract from thier gun without ever worrying about trigger bounce. Heres a link to the design and function of the Hall Fx kit. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2291630

XyXyll told me that if we get enough people together he will make a batch of them and sell the kits again for great price. He has pu together a site containing instructions links and information about the hall fx kit here. http://jimb.thvhosting.net/

Post up and I will add your names to the list. After a little while I'll firm up with those interested whether they are still wanting kits or not. Again this is not a BST thread, This is merely to gauge interest in the product and direct people to a place where they can find more info and potentially pick one up. the more people that buy one the cheaper the kit. its currently compatible with every board with an on/off switch and XyXyll is working on a conversion for using it with a board that uses a membrane pad.

1. Darkspidie8419 (PBnation) 2
2. Excope (PBnation) 1
3. Diablo8264 (PBnation) 1
4. PsychoZulu (pbnation) 1
5. VagabondStarJXF 3

RSX99
02-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Toss my name up there.

darkspidie1984
02-04-2009, 11:31 AM
got ya up there

druid
02-04-2009, 10:32 PM
I have a spitfire board in my Imagine and in the pbn thread, says one is "in development" for that board...but that was also a year ago. Has it been developed yet? There is also no mention on price. I'd like to know these things before I commit to buying one..

Xyxyll
02-05-2009, 02:10 PM
darkspidie1984, thanks for spreading the word.

druid:
The Tadao, Virtue, and Lucky boards all lack the on/off switch used in the ESP boards, T-Boards, etc. Instead, the board powers down by entering a standby mode, where it waits for the user to "turn it back on." This presents a challenge because the Hall FX kit needs a switchable power source that turns on when the Tadao/Virtue/Lucky/VS/MR/RS/Electra board turns on and turns off when the board enters standby.

The easiest solution with the least sacrifice (no unnecessary battery drain) is to reuse the on/off slide switch from the ESP. You can either have the switch act upstream of the board (i.e. To turn the marker on, you slide the switch to on and then operate the board with the buttons as you would normally) or you can have the switch operate strictly the sensor of the Hall FX kit (i.e. To turn the marker on, you operate with the buttons as normally. When you want to go live, you turn the board live and then slide the switch on (or vice versa)).

Now if you don't mind the battery drain, you can very simply just leave the Hall FX kit powered at all times, but I don't recommend this unless you remove your battery frequently.

Note that each of these options can be accomplished with little or no soldering/cutting/splicing.

To answer your question about the pricing. Pricing will be dealt with on a negative sliding scale. The more that pick one up, the cheaper the cost will be for everyone. The group buy has already passed the first tier and has dropped in price as explained on the website: jimb.thvhosting.net.

darkspidie1984
02-11-2009, 08:44 AM
anyone else still interested?

DRAGON
02-11-2009, 10:10 PM
anyone else still interested?

So I take it they're going to be about $30 for a single microswitch again like before? I'd take one for about $5 or $10 but that'd be my limit -

VagabondStarJXF
03-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Whoa! I haven't been on here for quite a while and I come back on and find this group buy on it's last day! Talk about timing! I'd missed out on this kit the first time it was available.

Xyxyll - I've just emailed you for 2 of them.

edit:
I'll take 3.

If anyone else is interested in getting this kit I think you'd better say now and get yourself in on it. Xyxyll has said he's closing the group buy today and placing the order tomorrow.

darkspidie1984
03-11-2009, 07:02 AM
updated!