PDA

View Full Version : Tool Bag

kingny
02-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I was just cleaning through my little tool kit and i was thinking

what do ppl bring with them to the feild??

i have

batts.
allen keys
mico line
oil
grease
screw driver
clean swab and towl
extra screws
plumers tape
small wrench
tank o ring

you?

oldironmudder
02-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Do you really want to know?

EM1 with enough parts to build 2 more.
Wife's Pilot
Hammer
General Air Source parts box
Spyder parts & tuning box
allens box
oring box
20oz Co2
Full Freak kit
Marker case with 6 more barrels
halo
4 barrel condoms
2 masks

Several more things but I would have to look in the gear box.

Before 2009

Everything went with me. 2 20lbs Co2 tanks to fill from, spare parts, broken markers.....

Now I woonder why i carried all that with me.

slim and shady
02-03-2009, 07:47 PM
I carry alot to much really, I take 3 markers and each has a different hopper I have to bring my loading system for my q-pods my tanks my toolkit with tools. Different harnessess depending what position im going to play ect. of corse every barrel I own, including the kits. I have to use a big hocky bag to carry it all.

TheDarkShadow
02-03-2009, 07:57 PM
too much...
spare parts:
-mechframe
-SS line
-asa
-orings
-extra valve
-spring kit
tools:
-screw drivers
-allen wrenches
-vise grips
-needle nose pliers
-teflon tape
-pocket knife
lube
batteries
that's all I think...

EDIT: there, fixed

DFSniper
02-03-2009, 08:12 PM
uhh... you dont want me to start listing, i'll be here all night. i bring enough for 2 backup guns/air/hoppers/masks and all the tools that go with it. i could start my own repair shop out of the trunk of my car.

kingny
02-03-2009, 08:38 PM
why do people have more than one gun with them

ive had my 06 ego for 2 years never had a problem

and more than 2 hoppers is pointless

one more thing this thread is supposed to be a TOOL KIT thread not you whole gearbag

TheDarkShadow
02-03-2009, 08:53 PM
if there is a problem with my gun or my friend's gun, there is a back up.

bigred76
02-03-2009, 10:42 PM

one more thing this thread is supposed to be a TOOL KIT thread not you whole gearbag

I have my back-up of a back-up of a back-up of a back-up of a back-up of a back-up of a back-up of a back-up of a back-up of a back-up of a back-up of a back-up of a back-up of a back-up of a back-up with me sometimes on the field. ;)

My tools include every kind of basic pliers, allen wrenches, rubber gripping stuff, sandpaper, dental picks, screw drivers, batteries, etc etc etc.

jim762
02-04-2009, 01:13 AM

Oh no!!!!:eek: the thread went off topic!!!! There's a surprise :dodgy:

Any way, besides all the usual stuff, i have 3 markers, and a hopper for each, with me. depends on how i want to play that day.

DFSniper
02-04-2009, 02:31 AM

i own six guns, so it depends on what i want to play with today. plus, its nice to have spares when you have new people go, or someones gun breaks down on them.

oldironmudder
02-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Im used to carring several markers & enough gear cause there is always someone to show up who didnt call me. Thats from back in the day when I pretty much ran the outlaw paintball where I lived.

Splitter
02-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Actually IN my tool bag:

Empire gun lube
Allen Wrench set
Phillip's head screwdriver
Flat head screwdriver
Squeegie
Anti-Fog cleaner
Hand Towel
Spare parts kit (O-rings, screws, etc.)

And obviously, like everyone else, I have two loner guns, but can't fit them in my tool bag : )

irishwarrior
02-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Pliers, Icon Z, Smart Parts 14", stock barrel, extra ASA, extra drop-forward, and a whole bunch of miscellaneous tools and parts that I'm too lazy to write down.

Griff
02-12-2009, 03:50 PM
http://cid-f852c14bc1db2961.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Tool%20kit/P2120016.jpg (http://cid-f852c14bc1db2961.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Tool%20kit/P2120016.jpg)
Pic of tools I take with me, I carry them a fishing tackle box.

DFSniper
02-12-2009, 03:56 PM
bought some strap wrenches yesterday. i must say, its one of the best tools you can have for your pb gear.

battlechaser
02-12-2009, 04:55 PM
When I'm going by myself (most often) I normally walk in fully dressed, pack over my shoulder, mask in it's bag under my arm, with a ball caddy and my gun bag.

Here's the bag I use (http://www.paintball-online.com/shop/Invert-08-Gun-Bag-Urban-Camo_prod_BGIN8GB), yes, it's tiny, because I don't need someone walking off the field with a >$100 bag with all my gear in it. It's a great little bag if you're OCD like me and test/clean the marker when you put it away, and the night before you play.

In the gun bag:

My Intimidator
Magna
Air tank
barrel kit
Swabs (2 fluffies and a pull through)
Barrel condom
Allen key set
Screwdriver set (precision)
Strap wrench
AKA Extreme Lube (regs)
Triflow (Bolt)
Dow55 (everything else)

And my parts/tool kit which has

Orings
Detents
random parts
3/16" nut socket (for barbs)
1/4" wrench (for tightening barbs)
Multitool w/ needlenose pliers
Curved Oring Pick
Unsharpened Pencil (good for pushing out ram sleeves/Spyder valves)

Not to mention, the tool kit, also fits in the bag.

Splitter
02-13-2009, 02:10 PM
I've never thought of taking a strap wrench... like the kind you use to take an oil filter off? Do you just use it to take the air tank off?

bigred76
02-13-2009, 02:31 PM
If you're using a strap wrench to take a tank off a marker, you're doing something wrong. :)

I think he brings it JIC something gets stuck on, like a reg or whatnot.

battlechaser
02-13-2009, 05:25 PM
I've never thought of taking a strap wrench... like the kind you use to take an oil filter off? Do you just use it to take the air tank off?

If you're using a strap wrench to take a tank off a marker, you're doing something wrong. :)

I think he brings it JIC something gets stuck on, like a reg or whatnot.

Actually.. it's more so I don't forget where I put it. I only use it for my gun anyways, so I might as well keep it with it. Not to mention, it is handy for taking off those pesky AKA SCM low pressure regs, not much to grip on those things. Not sure what wrench you're thinking of, definitely NOT a metal oil filter wrench, this is has a plastic handle, and a rubber strap.

Yeah, if *I* have trouble taking off a tank, it's either loctited in place, or welded on. :p

xsvly-fat
02-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Lets see I have my main gun then a back up then another back up then a pump then I have lube, orings, allen wrenches, screw drivers, a few masks, three air tanks, sometimes CO2 tanks, barrel condoms, barrel swaps, and extra barrels for every gun. I'm sure I have more but that's all I can think of haha.

Splitter
02-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Yeah, if *I* have trouble taking off a tank, it's either loctited in place, or welded on. :p

I actually may still try it. I hate wasting air in between hand turns, and my 20 oz fits perfectly, I checked! With the strap wrench (Yes, the oil filter kind) I could use my wrist as leverage and get the pressure off faster.

Or I could just hook up and on/off : ) But thanks for accidentally giving me an idea lol

bigred76
02-15-2009, 01:25 PM
It will still give off the same amount of stored air. ;) Leave your tank on the marker throughout the day and just turn off the marker and hopper.

Griff
02-15-2009, 01:29 PM
off topic
Splitter do you have a line to marked on your tank body to thread stem?
(lets you know if Valve stem is coming loose) the added leverage might cause the thread to eventualy break free. We don't need another flying tank incident to the sport.

Splitter
02-16-2009, 07:22 AM
off topic
Splitter do you have a line to marked on your tank body to thread stem?
(lets you know if Valve stem is coming loose) the added leverage might cause the thread to eventualy break free. We don't need another flying tank incident to the sport.

Nah, my threads are good. That happened at a b-day party not too long ago, read about it in the local paper. Those things will go right through you like a rocket. Whenever i take my tank off, I point it away from people, just in case.

Im just tired of messing up O-rings, and wasting air, I think I just need and on/off.

DFSniper
02-16-2009, 11:13 AM
i had my asa screws break on me one time. then my ss hose unscrewed from it. luckily most of the co2 leaked out while i was holding/unscrewing it, and i was wearing gloves (although fingerless). took a 250lb guy holding the tank and me with a wrench to unscrew the asa.

Splitter
02-16-2009, 12:29 PM
took a 250lb guy holding the tank and me with a wrench to unscrew the asa.

Thats one courageous dude, I would have freaked out and just threw the gun into a pit and waited for it to run out of air lol.

DFSniper
02-16-2009, 12:30 PM
it was already out of air. it all leaked out when the hose came unscrewed.

kingny
03-05-2009, 08:56 PM
thats why i use nitro =]

yay for my 100th post