PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Commercials

vikingshadow
02-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I had heard that this year the commercials, though expensive as normal, weren't going to be as elaborate as years past due to the economy. True enough, it seems this year's crop were a bit, well, weak compared to others.

But, some were still pretty good! So SOC, which were your favorite?

Mine would have to be the Sprint commercials. Specifically, the one about "What would school be like if delivery men ran it?" I absolutely laughed my butt off! What a perfect scenario for that...

Followed by (a tie) the Dorito commercial "Crystal Ball" and the Diet Pepsi Real Man drink.

Post up!

Critical
02-01-2009, 04:47 PM
I have to disagree with the Sprint one. I work for the company and we are facing 8000+ layoffs. I have also gone 3-4 years without so much as a cost of living raise, let alone a raise based on performance. They have also cut just about every performance incentive and non-compensatory program they can. All that, and they decide to rehash the same commercial that's been playing for weeks?

Other than that, I agree with the Dorito commercial.

ferret15
02-01-2009, 04:57 PM
hey i have a crystal ball!

ooo, just saw the carrier builder and i got a chuckle

if you hate going to work, your co-workers hate you, you cry constantly, you want to punch small animals and you sit next to this guy.

it may be time for a new job

bigred76
02-01-2009, 05:08 PM
I liked the Coca Cola commercial with the bugs jacking the bottle. Other than that... meh...

XSiv Force
02-01-2009, 05:25 PM
i love the gi joe and the TRANSFORMERS 2

Muddytaco
02-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Crystal ball one and the one where they punched the koala

xsvly-fat
02-01-2009, 06:39 PM
^ Yeah both of those were really funny lol.

vikingshadow
02-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Ah, I didn't see the Koala one.

I didn't mean to pour salt in the open wound from your job, Critical. I just found it funny to watch was all!

HelpDeskHustler
02-02-2009, 09:01 AM
ok. this has been bothering me. miller did a precommercial for 1 second ads and never had them. did anyone see them?

oldironmudder
02-02-2009, 09:13 AM
I didnt watch the game but cought a few pregame commercials from the past & I still like the Budweiser ones.

Muddytaco
02-02-2009, 09:41 AM
ok. this has been bothering me. miller did a precommercial for 1 second ads and never had them. did anyone see them?

I only saw one of them, I think it was in the 4th quarter sometime.

marvin-martian
02-02-2009, 10:50 AM
i didnt see any either

marvin-martian
02-02-2009, 11:03 AM
http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/278448.php
now thats some ad!

TheDarkShadow
02-02-2009, 12:10 PM
hey i have a crystal ball!

Crystal ball one

a couple guys that live about 30 min from my home town made that commercial!

I saw one of them

XSiv Force
02-02-2009, 12:17 PM
i liked the first bud lit ad about how to cut costes in the job meeting and the guy says well we can stop have bud lite in all the meetings......and they throw him trough the window

Modded-Like-Hell
02-02-2009, 12:34 PM
the crystal ball one was funny!

Warnichek
02-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Budweiser commercials = Lame-o! boring/not funny.

Diet Pepsi ( man gets hit with a board, electricuted, hit with bowling ball) Funny.

Hitting the Koala, co-workers ( Hey Dummy ) Funny as crap!!!!

Hoppy11
02-02-2009, 02:03 PM
i liked the first bud lit ad about how to cut costes in the job meeting and the guy says well we can stop have bud lite in all the meetings......and they throw him trough the window

That one made me laugh pretty hard, the crystal ball one was awesome.

And then my personal favorite was the one when the lady in the office got a flower delivery and they talked, I can't remember what it was for.

There was also another one that went on and on and one but I can't remember any of it but it was also pretty funny.

Muddytaco
02-02-2009, 02:12 PM
I forgot about another one i liked, it was the one with the mars rover or whatever it was, when they were driving all over the place doing jumps and everything and they get out to get the rocks and when they turn around the rover is on blocks with the tires missing.

Modded-Like-Hell
02-02-2009, 02:44 PM
I forgot about another one i liked, it was the one with the mars rover or whatever it was, when they were driving all over the place doing jumps and everything and they get out to get the rocks and when they turn around the rover is on blocks with the tires missing.

yeah that one was funny as hell!!!

TheDarkShadow
02-02-2009, 03:08 PM
I liked the one at the end, the coke zero commercial with troy polamalu that was mimicing the 70's coke commercial with mean joe

xsvly-fat
02-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Diet Pepsi ( man gets hit with a board, electricuted, hit with bowling ball) Funny.

I forgot about both of those, I was laughing so hard haha.

durrell
02-02-2009, 08:26 PM
I'd say my favorites in order were:

Bud Light Meeting
Doritos Crystal Ball
CareerBuilder (Koala)

TheDarkShadow
02-03-2009, 10:40 AM
in the Doritos crystal ball commercial, next to the vending machine there are 2 pictures hanging up of the guys that created that commercial