PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy

familywgn
01-31-2009, 02:52 PM
I have a nice stock Xtra but I would like to make it more accurate. I am running CO2 and a J&J barrel, but it just dosen't seem all that tight grouping.

What would be my best bet(s) for better accuracy?

Thanks, familywgn

xsvly-fat
01-31-2009, 03:03 PM
J&J are good barrels so it's probably your paint is too big or to small. Try different types of paint and see if that helps.

familywgn
01-31-2009, 03:50 PM
THe only problem with that, is its field paint only. I did notice that the middle grade paint did shoot better, though.

Are those Freak Jr. barrel kits worth the $?

TheDarkShadow
01-31-2009, 03:56 PM
paintball guns in general, are not that accurate. You may have better luck with getting a barrel kit and finding out which size works best

vikingshadow
01-31-2009, 05:09 PM
The gun is NOT going to make your shots tighter. EVER. Consistency, my young friend, consistency is the key. Or rather, in your case, the lack of it.

A barrel is not enough. ESPECIALLY since you're running Co2. Because of fluctuation in the gas itself, you are going to have some shots hotter than others, and the more you shoot, the less consistent it's going to be.

To achieve the greatest accuracy, a number of factors are required. The same amount of air used every time will propel the ball at the same speed and distance as the previous shots. Then, the barrel and paint comes into play. To do this, you need to have a regulator, and a decent one at that.

Once you get your regulator broken in, then you will have the same amount of air every time. The barrel and paint then become a deciding factor.

After that, practice, practice practice. Then practice some more. These things SHOULD give you better shooting skills. Remember - once you have your gun up to par, then it all falls to the person pulling the trigger.

DRAGON
01-31-2009, 05:22 PM
I have a nice stock Xtra but I would like to make it more accurate. I am running CO2 and a J&J barrel, but it just dosen't seem all that tight grouping.

What would be my best bet(s) for better accuracy?

Thanks, familywgn

From what you posted there, you need an anti-siphon in the tank and you need to shoot good paint. A/S will make sure there's less liquid causing pressure/velocity spikes, just pressure coming from the tank and shooting good quality paint.......well that's pretty self-explanitory -

familywgn
02-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Cool thanks for the help.

But i'm still confused.

I was thinking of getting HPA, but is the regulator the valve on the bottle or does it need to be on the gun itself?

TheDarkShadow
02-02-2009, 01:11 PM
the HPA tanks have regulators on the tanks themselves

familywgn
02-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Alright,

It looks as though I might get an HPA first to help with my accuracy, then experiment with other upgrades as time & money allow. I will probably get a good bolt second, then maybe another barrel, but we will see.

Thanks again for all of your help:)

Familywgn

Angman19
02-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Get a regulator or a barrel kit before spending the money on a bolt. Those will yield better returns on your investment. Yes, the HPA bottle will have a regulator but get a good one like a CP or a Palmers for your gun. The Palmers will allow you to use both CO2 and HPA as well.

Splitter
02-05-2009, 07:45 AM
If your first shot is accurate, but the others after arent, it could be a number of things. I have a 6-stage expansion chamber, and a volumizer on mine, which makes it very consistent. BTW is a regulator the same thing as a volumizer? It comes off the front block, and sits under the barrel. Just wondering if Im confused here...

It could also be your trigger pull if you use a mechanical trigger. The lightest movement of your barrel will make your grouping bigger. File it down, get a new trigger, or go electronic, and you'll always get better groupings.

TheDarkShadow
02-05-2009, 01:16 PM
a regulator regulates the air to a certain preasure, while a volumizer just gives more room for CO2 to expand

Splitter
02-09-2009, 11:06 AM
a regulator regulates the air to a certain preasure, while a volumizer just gives more room for CO2 to expand

Yeah, makes sense now. i knew what the volumizer did, just wasnt sure about the regulator. Matter of fact, I think I've seen a volumizer for spyders with a regulator attached...or maybe it was a front block w/ regulator built in.

Im going to look into getting one, and also some sort of on/off for my air.