PDA

View Full Version : 3 & 1/2 Hours and counting...

interceptorMR2
01-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Well now, I've been waiting for xbox customer support to help me out for just about four hours. This has been a long and spread out process, and just when I thought I was nearing the end, xbox support, once again, asks me the question it asks many people every day. That question is "Xbox Support, how can I test your patience today?"

A while back, my xbox had the 3 LED lights of death, so I sent it in, got it back only to find that they had also replaced my disc drive. Thats the first thing I noticed actually. I went to my dad and said "wow it's so much quieter now, I guess I got lucky." Luck wasn't the case. roughly 2 weeks to a month later, the disc drive started failing. I called up xbox support asking them if they could replace it since it was their fault in the first place, but they said no, so I just kind of shrugged it off because we had to leave for a month long trip over the summer anyways, so I figured I would just get back to it when I got back. I made sure to send a few emails asking about it before I left, but when I got back I had no reply. So lately, I've gone through a long process of un-replied-to emails and calling up xbox support several times. My dad had some long talk with one of the support members about this, and support was so bent on getting 100 bucks out of me that the service person was actually saying they didn't have a boss that we could talk to. So, since that conversation didn't work out so well, my dad called up the presidential offices, talked to one of the guys there but still was unable to reach a deal with him. He wanted more information, so my dad told me to call him today and talk to him and see if I could at LEAST get 50% off of the repair. So, I called roughly around 12:30 today (pacific time) and I am still waiting to be talked to, and it just so happens to be 4:00.

As much as I LOVE halo soundtracks playing in my ears for several hours, I don't think I can take this much longer.
Is it just me or does xbox support REALLY suck?

especiialypsycho
01-30-2009, 03:30 PM
PS3 FTW, If you dont have one go buy one. :P

interceptorMR2
01-30-2009, 03:38 PM
eh, I think I'd rather get a nice PC just because mods are way more fun than conventional gaming, but seriously, I'm still holding. The only REAL reason I have an xbox is because of Halo. Thats pretty much it.

Muddytaco
01-30-2009, 03:55 PM
The only reason I still have my xbox 360 is b/c all my friends have one and the only thing i play is live, single player is boring on any game.

My xbox was freezing but they refused to fix it for free they said it would be $99. It finally gave me the red ring of death after 2 months of freezing all the time, call them back and xbox agree to fix it for free b/c its shows the 3 lights now......how the hell does that make since?

If my friends had PS3 I would of switched along time ago.

On another note I hate halo I think halo sucks, always has, always will.......I really have no clue why people like it so much.

Also are you sure they didn't give you a whole new xbox? Depending on the problem they either fix the simple stuff or just send you a referb.

interceptorMR2
01-30-2009, 04:09 PM
as far as I know its the same. Its got the same warranty sticker on it, but I have reason to believe it is a different xbox with my warranty stuck on there. Not only was the drive different, but the xbox's actual case was different. the "O" in xbox is raised higher than the other letters, so it's uneven. The drive is different, the faceplate has no scratches on it and neither does the case (mine had scratches from taking it places). Personally, Halo 3 wasn't all that great but I got it because I thought it was going to be good. I meant the only reason I have one is because I thought halo was gonna be good. Halo 2 was good. It kinda stopped there.

I would have gotten a PS3 too if my friends had them. I think I'm going with a PC if this doesn't turn out well though. I've always been jealous of the friends who can mod games :)

PS: I just hung up on xbox support. I have been holding for roughly a total of 4 Hours and 40 minutes. Talk about a crappy company.

durrell
01-30-2009, 06:02 PM
I have an Xbox but all of my friends are into PC games more. So I bought Warhammer today and I don't even know if I'll keep my Xbox. Might just move over to the dark side: PC gaming. :p

interceptorMR2
01-30-2009, 06:38 PM
muhahahaha!

vikingshadow
01-30-2009, 08:21 PM
We got the girls an XBox 360 for Christmas. To be honest, I played a little of Gears of War then ran through Halo 3 and I haven't really played it much since. The girls play it every now and then, but I prefer PC gaming (right now I'm on L4D every day. :rolleyes: ) I usually play a game of Versus, then a game of Campaign and I'm off.

I just can't seem to get the hang of the Xbox controls, otherwise I would probably play it more. My wife just got me an Xbox Live card, so I guess I'll give that a shot for a few months.

interceptorMR2
01-31-2009, 06:51 AM
Xbox live is pretty fun, depending on the games you use. COD WAW is great online, or pretty much any call of duty game, but that's just me. I play my xbox fairly often right now, but it takes like 15 minutes to get a game running (drive is still failing) and often times the game isn't worth the wait.

xbox controls on the other hand, are the easiest for me. I can't seem to get a hang of the PC controls... I had to get a xbox styled pc gamepad to use when I played halo on my computer. Everyone else is pwning me using their keyboards, and I'm stuck to a controller :(

shark
01-31-2009, 09:36 AM
Ive had nothing but good experiences with Xbox and their support. I had my disc drive fail on my old one and I called them and they sent me the box to ship mine in for repairs. About two weeks later I got a completely new Xbox in the mail.

deano 177
01-31-2009, 01:58 PM
Intercepter, this is what you need to do. Take the new 360 and go into the settings. Set it to where it will not turn off(menu setting asks if you want to turn it off if inactive for 3 hrs). Turn it on and download a trial game that will use a lot of processor(we are looking for heat!). Once you have it start the game and leave the 360 on for as long as possible(at least over night...). Place a towel or something behind the vents to block air flow. It might take a while but you'll get rrod.:up: I know its a ****ty way to handle it and Micro$oft should take care of its business. I've had 3 of these rrod and the second one gave me fits because it would just lock up without the rrod... Micro$oft wouldn't warrarnty it without the $99. Thats when I gave it the towel treatment.

interceptorMR2
01-31-2009, 02:49 PM
lol you know, I was actually thinking about doing that. I didn't know how to get it to do the rrod though, but I expected it to do it sooner or later. Signs of the rrod from what i've heard (and what i've experienced with my last xbox) are freezing games. I may have to do that haha.

marvin-martian
01-31-2009, 03:36 PM
i know how to fix this. what you do is sell your xbox/return it/whatever. then go and purchase something called a playstation 3. problem solved. =]

interceptorMR2
02-01-2009, 02:25 PM
lol. problem is I have no money and won't hardly get any if any at all for my xbox. The only place I can "return" it is Gamestop and I doubt they'll give me much for a basically broken xbox.

HelpDeskHustler
02-02-2009, 09:02 AM
I have an Xbox but all of my friends are into PC games more. So I bought Warhammer today and I don't even know if I'll keep my Xbox. Might just move over to the dark side: PC gaming. :p

ugh warhammer? really?

DFSniper
02-02-2009, 01:08 PM
D, the new fantasy or Dawn of War? we used to lan 40K all the time here and in high school. i'm waiting for DoW2 to come out though.

oh, and to fuel the fire: PC>ps3>psp>DS>ps2>n64>GBC>360>xbox