PDA

View Full Version : high pressure or low pressure

littlezav
01-30-2009, 10:55 AM
first off i'm sorry if this has been a question asked before but what type of tank should i get for the MR2, a low pressure tank or a high pressure i don't know if high pressure will ruin the gun or if low pressure would. I don't even know the difference between them LOL so if someone could tell me the difference and which type of tank to get that would be great thanks

Modded-Like-Hell
01-30-2009, 12:02 PM
are u running Co2 now? and want to upgrade to a compressed air tank?

the difference between a low and high are the the low pressure ones output 450psi and the high ones output 850 psi. high pressure WILL NOT mess up ur marker. MR2 is made to run Co2 and HP (High Pressure) tanks. i just took a look at the your manual for you.

so if ur looking at a tank thats 48ci/3000psi the 48ci is the size of the tank and 3000psi is the max pressure the tank holds. tanks also come with regulators that make them high and low output as i explained before...

xsvly-fat
01-30-2009, 02:03 PM
The difference is the pressure, you want to get a high pressure tank.

Firekillernmp
01-30-2009, 03:36 PM
i use low pressure co2 and never had any prob. with my gun..

Babalui
01-30-2009, 03:52 PM
For HPA, isn't high and low pressure up to the regulator? Like, I have a 3000 and 4500 bottle (second one very seldom filled above 3000 as no one can supply that much), but the regulators are 850 exit pressure, if I remeber correctly.
CO2 has different setup. The pressure is lower then 1500 inside the bottle, or am I mistaken on this?

Daddyo
01-30-2009, 05:07 PM
I have owned DXS, GA, Crossfire, and Ninja tanks all at the same time. The GA output is 600 psi, it will power a Spyder, but not as well as it could. The GA tanks that are not carbon have a 850 pis output. Avoid GA tanks IMO, the regs have a reputation for creep, and the pressure releaf vave not work. It has destroyed many high dollar guns.

The Crossfire 450 lp tanks, will not power a stock Spyder. I tried for the heck of it. HP Crossfires will.

DXS tanks are made in Korea and have their regs made by the same guys as Ninja paintball.

Ninja tanks are great, and have adjustable output. Customer service is frist rate. They give a you a thread protector and tank bag. The tanks are made in the US. Currently I have a DXS and Ninja tank.

littlezav
01-30-2009, 07:56 PM
are u running Co2 now? and want to upgrade to a compressed air tank?

the difference between a low and high are the the low pressure ones output 450psi and the high ones output 850 psi. high pressure WILL NOT mess up ur marker. MR2 is made to run Co2 and HP (High Pressure) tanks. i just took a look at the your manual for you.

so if ur looking at a tank thats 48ci/3000psi the 48ci is the size of the tank and 3000psi is the max pressure the tank holds. tanks also come with regulators that make them high and low output as i explained before...

i didnt buy this gun yet i want to know what to buy for it so i dont waste money buying a tank that wont give me good results so thanks for your help im gonna get a high pressure tank

Modded-Like-Hell
01-30-2009, 08:52 PM
high pressure spyders need high pressure to power them!!! the output pressure is up to the regulator on the bottle. 3000psi or 4500psi is the max pressure they can hold.

vikingshadow
01-30-2009, 09:24 PM
i use low pressure co2 and never had any prob. with my gun..

Low pressure Co2? Never heard of that. If I remember correctly, Co2 runs about 800 to 1500 psi, depending on the temperature or how much you have in your tank. It needs that pressure to compress the liquid so that the gas can be made. Course, I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Or are you saying your marker is low pressure?

Modded-Like-Hell
01-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Low pressure Co2? Never heard of that. If I remember correctly, Co2 runs about 800 to 1500 psi, depending on the temperature or how much you have in your tank. It needs that pressure to compress the liquid so that the gas can be made. Course, I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Or are you saying your marker is low pressure?

yeah i thought about that too vike i think he ment his gun runs low pressure...maybe he has a Co2 tank with a built-in on/off valve and he opens it just a bit on the low pressure gun?

never in all my years have i heard LP Co2

what marker do you have firekillernmp? i need to bust that myth!