PDA

View Full Version : Choping!!!!

jdlphilly
01-29-2009, 02:51 PM
anybody have some tips for my MR2 with eye. it chops very often. it is completely stock.

TheDarkShadow
01-29-2009, 04:50 PM
turn the eyes on and get an electronic hopper

slim and shady
01-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Need more info.

for one is it double feeding? check your detents

are your eyes working?

what loader are you using?

running co2 or HPA?

what paint are you using? how old is it?

Whats the temp when you play?

What is your velocity at?

give us a little background and we will try to help

jdlphilly
01-30-2009, 03:03 AM
for one is it double feeding? check your detents

i can't tell if it's double feeding or not. all i know is that a heck of a lot of paint comes flying out of the barrel. i know that the detents are there. checked twice.

are your eyes working?

I assume so. i have taken them out and cleaned them twice. the green light is on and not blinking so i think they are working.

what loader are you using?
Gravity

running co2 or HPA?
co2

what paint are you using? how old is it?
Heat
i bought it from the field so i can't tell how old it is. i don't think it's the paint. my friend and i split a case and he didn't chop once.

Whats the temp when you play?
COLD prbably around 25 degres

What is your velocity at?
i cronoed it at the place and it was around 280. each shot is different so it varried.

I personally believe it is a problem spefic withe the marker. i played with 3 friends and they didn't have a problem. same paint, gravity loaders, same temp, and i don't think i was shooting any faster that they were.

TheDarkShadow
01-30-2009, 04:31 AM
gotta get rid of the gravity feed, you can get electronic hopper anywhere from $30 - $100+

If you possibly can, get HPA, especially if you play in cold temps. It is well worth the money

and make sure your eyes are on

jdlphilly
01-30-2009, 11:37 AM
i was thinking of getting a reloader B as an electric loader, hpa is a strech with my money situation but i will think about it. since the marker has eyes, why is it chopping. i think that it shouldn't chop no matter how fast your balls are loading.

how can you tell if it is double feeding?

bigred76
01-30-2009, 01:16 PM
If two balls fly out the end of the barrel when you shot once... you're double feeding.

For your issue, try lowering your velocity so it PEAKS at 280fps, not so that it's the median number. That might be your issue if it's spiking above 300fps in that cold of a weather with that kinda paint.

A Reloader B is an excellent hopper. I love mine, and they don't have the eyes to deal with like on a Halo B.

jdlphilly
01-30-2009, 04:18 PM
so if i lower my fps, get a reloader b, and possibly timmy detents i should be ok?

slim and shady
01-30-2009, 08:30 PM
yup shoud be fine mine has never chopped a ball yet

TheDarkShadow
01-31-2009, 03:18 PM
as far as HPA goes, you can get a cheap steel one for $40