PDA

View Full Version : help on what i should get?

extrabonez
01-29-2009, 02:59 PM
i was wondering does any1 have any experiences with the Smart Parts fighter jersey and pant series could i get your pros? or cons? or a used mostly stock ion what are some pros or cons? and finally anybody that has or had a freak kit is it worth it if you are just rec balling for now?

i recently got some money for keeping my grades up this year so far(4.0gpa) and know i want to spend it on paintball but im trying to decide between if i want to get some new clothes, a new(to me) gun, or a barrel kit as i cannot make my mind up...i will have a total of $100 dollars so i know thats not alot in the paintball world but its what i have right now...thanks for any info anyone has on these

xsvly-fat
01-29-2009, 07:37 PM
It really depends on what you need, if you already have a jersey and pants I wouldn't get them. If you have a compressed air tank and a good hopper then I would consider getting the Ion.

If you do get the Ion and it's all stock you would probably have to get a feedneck for it, they are good guns and they don't require alot of mantinence.

I would put off getting a barrel kit cause if you do get if for a Spyder and then change guns (say an Ion or something with an Autococker threads) then you can't use it.

oldironmudder
01-30-2009, 01:05 AM
I would put off getting a barrel kit cause if you do get if for a Spyder and then change guns (say an Ion or something with an Autococker threads) then you can't use it.

If he gets a barrel kit like The Freak, all he would have to do is buy another back for it & not burn that money if he decides to get another marker down the road.

extrabonez
01-30-2009, 05:32 AM
thanks for both your guys' help..so far its looking like i will probally look into getting an ion then start saving for a jersey and pants. again thanks for your help u guys very much appriciated

xsvly-fat
01-30-2009, 02:08 PM
If he gets a barrel kit like The Freak, all he would have to do is buy another back for it & not burn that money if he decides to get another marker down the road.

True but backs are some what expensive aren't they?

thanks for both your guys' help..so far its looking like i will probally look into getting an ion then start saving for a jersey and pants. again thanks for your help u guys very much appriciated

No prob.

oldironmudder
01-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Freak backs, anywhere from $20 to $45. I paid $40 for a front & back then bought another back for a cocker for $42 shipped.