PDA

View Full Version : Regulator, ASA, and Stock

eletrokey
01-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Hello, This is gonna be long, but please bare with me, I just have a few quick questions that I hope can be answered. I love my MR1, I really do, I've had it about 8 months now, and it's great. I was just wondering if I could put a regulator in it. I've seen it done, but I was just wondering how to do it. I would like to drill into the foregrip and install it there, if it's possible.

Also, awhile ago, I noticed that my ASA was a little lose from the dropforward. I attempted to tighten it and I completeley stripped the screw. I was just wondering, if I was to put in a regulator, would it be better to just replace the entire dropforward and ASA or just get a replacement?

And finally, Does anyone know where I could get another stock, because I want to dogtail mine, but with my luck, I would screw it up. If I can't get one, what's a good one to buy?

I'm sorry for the long post, but it's better then spereate threads, lol. The funny thing is, I emailed Spyder about the replacement parts and I have yet to recieve a response. Thanks guys for any help! ")

TheDarkShadow
01-28-2009, 09:48 AM
you can get a a female palmers stablizer and have a regulator and asa, deano on here did it to his MR1

EDIT: scroll down and you will see it http://spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=13730&page=14&highlight=pics

eletrokey
01-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Nah, That doesn't look to good in my opinion. Thankx anyhow.

irishwarrior
01-28-2009, 01:17 PM
For a reg you would need an adapter and for the stocks you can go here (http://shop.specialopspaintball.com/), here (rap4.com) or get one from JCS.

eletrokey
01-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Ahhh I see. Rap4 is where I got my 3 inch barrel and the clamp feedneck from. They don't have in line regulators? My new tank coming in the mail has a Guerrilla Myth regulator. Would that resolve the problem of getting a regulator for the gun? And what do I do about the ASA?

irishwarrior
01-28-2009, 02:52 PM
The tank reg should be just fine and for the ASA, did you strip the hose or the drop-forward? If it's just the hose, then you could just get a replacement hose.

eletrokey
01-28-2009, 03:23 PM
I stripped the screw that holds the ASA to the dropforward. It wiggles quite a lot, and it makes it hard to remove the tank sometimes cause it wiggles. I mean I could just add a drop of gorilla glue in the little space, but that would be ultra getteo, but wrong with that?

irishwarrior
01-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Are you sure you're talking about the hose? From what it sounds like you're talking about the screw that holds the drop forward onto the frame. If that's the case just get another screw. If you're talking about the hose, then get a new hose.

eletrokey
01-28-2009, 07:55 PM
No, if you look at the diagram here (http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/manuals/mr1.pdf), there is a screw (2608s) that holds the ASA (261) to the dropforward (258). That is the screw that I stripped.

Modded-Like-Hell
01-28-2009, 08:15 PM
HOW THE HELL DID U STRIP THAT??? i was trying to remove that piece the other day and couldnt...

eletrokey
01-28-2009, 08:22 PM
I got a hex wrench and tried to tighten it, and stripped it.

irishwarrior
01-29-2009, 04:17 AM
Oh, ok, I know what you're talking about now. I'm pretty sure you can just get a replacement from Kingmann.

eletrokey
01-29-2009, 06:08 AM
I have emailed them already, I'll email them again. If not I'll just give them a call :/.

Could someone help me with something else? I want to paint my mask, but I don't know what type of paint to buy?

irishwarrior
01-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Use Krylon Camo paint for the mask, it's what I used for my MR1 (see sig).

eletrokey
01-30-2009, 02:24 PM
ooo okay. I got my remote line, tank, harness, and additional pods, and I don't see a need to replace the ASA and dropforward anymore. I'll look the paint in a few minutes. Thanks guys.