PDA

View Full Version : wanting to upgrade my Spyder MR3

mattyboy
01-27-2009, 12:44 AM
i just received my Spyder MR3 in the mail today. This is my first paintball gun. I am wondering what upgrades I need/should have. I already bought a Halo B V35 hopper and a PMI Pure Energy tank. I just want to know what else I can upgrade. Links to products would be a big help, as I have no clue where to buy them. Thank you in advance. Looking forward to being active on this forum!

jim762
01-27-2009, 02:37 AM
A new barrel will help out a lot. I have a 14" J&J ceramic on mine. Other than that I didn't do anything else to mine. J&J ceramics are everywhere. Just google it and you will find a lot of places that have them. Oh yeah a trinity feed neck is a must. Not sure where i got mine, like i said, just google it.

sneekypete
01-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Might want to change the bolt but with the Halo it might not be needed. Get the 2-oring from ACP (http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/kingman.html) if you have blow back troubles

mattyboy
01-27-2009, 06:47 PM
thanks again guys!

mattyboy
01-27-2009, 06:49 PM
did you have to do anything to fit the j&j barrell on it? I read somewhere that you have to customize something

slim and shady
01-27-2009, 08:19 PM
ok you will want to get

-HPA
-new barrel I prefur barrel kits, and or the apex, or even better the apex tip on the barrel kit tip.
-ACP 2 oring bolt
-Trinity clamping feedneck dont want to smash that new halo with a crapy plastic feedneck.
-Remote coil if you dont already have one is nice to.
-spyder MR series wrap around grips

hope that helps

jim762
01-28-2009, 01:12 AM
I have heard a few stories but my J&J fit with out a problem.

TheDarkShadow
01-28-2009, 05:59 AM
some fit, some don't, I believe the new ones do fit though.

with the trinity feedneck, make sure you get the ones with the eye cover. and one problem with trinity feednecks is that you will have to sand down you halo feedneck for it to fit well. there are other feednecks out there that will fit the halo but,(to my knowledge) trinity is the only company that makes the MR feedneck that covers the eyes

sneekypete
01-30-2009, 06:06 PM
did you have to do anything to fit the j&j barrell on it? I read somewhere that you have to customize something
I believe the new ones do fit though.
I have the J&J S2 and it wont fit and I have J&J Ceramic and it fits.
Hope that helps

nizamje
05-05-2009, 05:52 AM
any suggestion on upgrading the board to full auto with eye?

bigred76
05-05-2009, 05:55 AM
1.) Buy a marker with NXL mode and learn that any reputable field won't allow fully automatic.

-OR-

2.) Get a T-Board and learn that any reputable field won't allow fully automatic.