PDA

View Full Version : whats the most accurate barrel for the mr1

-ShadoW-
01-26-2009, 09:50 PM
i have a 14 Inch Smart Parts Linear Barrel for my mr1 right now.

is this one or the j & j ceramic barrel better? there both around 30-40 bucks.

is the 100dollar freak kit really accurate or are you really jsut paying for the inserts?

isnt there some barrels that put a spin on the balls?does that make it more accurate?

what is really the best most accurate barrel?(im looking to stay at 14inches)im looking to spend around 50.00 but will just save to get the best.

i will be playing more woodsball. maybe the ocasional speedball.

is there a site where some1 did alot of testing on barrels?

oh and i want to keep with the matte black color. no gloss

Hossy
01-27-2009, 07:36 AM
There is not one barrel that is the most accurate. Accuracy is based on Paint bore to barrel bore match. That means that you want the ball to not just roll through the barrel, or to get stuck in the barrel. You want to be able to put the ball in the barrel and blow a little and the ball to then go through the barrel.

sneekypete
01-27-2009, 11:32 AM
:yeahthat: :D

-ShadoW-
01-27-2009, 02:18 PM
so basically just buy the cheapest barrel i can and try out paint till i find the best kind? or buy the cheapest barrel with inserts and buy what ever paint i want(be its not something like monsterball lol)?

irishwarrior
01-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Well, don't sacrifice quality. You don't want a barrel that will scratch easily on the inside or one that will get warped/misshapen.

CankleBanditM16
01-27-2009, 04:26 PM
I have a 16 inch proto camo dust barrel and i can hit a cinderblock sized target from all the way across the field

Angman19
01-28-2009, 11:19 AM
I agree in that get something that you can match the paint to bore size with as close as possible.

I have had excellent results with Stiffi barrels, Freak and All American kits and CP as well.

sneekypete
01-28-2009, 05:43 PM
If you are going to run the same paint all the time then a barrel Kit is not needed if you can find a good barrel to match it. I mostly use marbalizer and they match pretty good with the J&J. I also have a barrel kit but it is on an other gun but because I mostly use marbalizers all the other backfor the kit don't get used.

slim and shady
01-29-2009, 07:26 PM
If you are going to run the same paint all the time then a barrel Kit is not needed if you can find a good barrel to match it. I mostly use marbalizer and they match pretty good with the J&J. I also have a barrel kit but it is on an other gun but because I mostly use marbalizers all the other backfor the kit don't get used.

I agree to anextent, however paint will gradgually change size with the temperature of the day however probably not enough to make a huge difference. When I use my barrel kits I have to check the bore size throughout the day to ensure im still on the right track. So for me IMO a barrel kit is the way to go. its also usefull if you cant get the paint you normaly use.

sneekypete
01-29-2009, 08:32 PM
I agree to anextent, however paint will gradgually change size with the temperature of the day however probably not enough to make a huge difference.
Ya but down here it's just hot:D

slim and shady
01-30-2009, 09:34 PM
alright got me there!