PDA

View Full Version : Xtra Regulator Q's

ParadoxCat
01-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Well, I just got a Trinity VS Front Block from one of my friends gun part-out, and I'm wondering if I put it on my Xtra '07 if I would need to get a new regulator for the Xtra? or could I use current one that comes stock on the Xtra? And would I need a new gauge if I were to use the stock regulator with the Trinity VS Front Block (my current gauge is 1500PSI)? I plan on making it compatible with CO2 and Compressed air.

Slightly off topic - Also, if I were to switch the Trinity VS Front Block + Xtra Regulator onto a VS1 would there be any concerns?

Thanks!

DFSniper
01-24-2009, 03:18 AM
the xtra deoesnt come with a regulator. but the expansion chamber on it will fit the trinity front block

ParadoxCat
01-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Does anyone know if i would have to switch the gauge if I'm running on CO2?

Also if I were to switch the Trinity Front Block + Xtra Expansion Chamber onto the VS1 should there be any concerns?

DFSniper
01-24-2009, 11:36 AM
since youre not running a regulator, you dont need a gauge.

the trinity front block wont fit the vs1 because the vs1 needs a rounded front block due to the body milling.

ParadoxCat
01-24-2009, 11:41 AM
the trinity front block wont fit the vs1 because the vs1 needs a rounded front block due to the body milling.

I have a VS Trinity Front Block (That I got from a friend), I'm wondering if I could use the Front Block + Xtra Expansion Chamber on a VS1.

DFSniper
01-24-2009, 12:38 PM
ah, the vs2/3 version SHOULD fit on a vs1. if i'm not mistaken, the dimensions are the same.

the only problem i see now is the hose threading. the 07 xtra has a metric thread on the expansion chamber, while the vs1 has a metric threaded ASA. i would say get 2 metric to 1/8th NPT fittings (here (http://www.directpaintball.com/Shocktech-Spyder-Metric-Hose-Adapters-P5433.aspx)) and then get a straight and a 90* macroline fitting.

ParadoxCat
01-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Thanks! So there would be no issues w/ air flow?

DFSniper
01-24-2009, 12:51 PM
nope, there shouldnt be. and if you do have fps/recocking problems, just pick up a 32 degrees or shocktech spring kit for about $10