PDA

View Full Version : Q Loader chop chop issue...

ct_painball_warrior
01-22-2009, 08:12 AM
HI, I've posted this in Q Loader specific forums with no replies, thought I might get some help here...

I have been using 0.687 bore Marblizers with my Q Pod and every 3rd or 4th ball is a chop chop. I have no issues when I put on my TSA Frontman hopper using the same paint... Is this a double feed issue due to the force of the Q Loader and the small bore size of the Marbs? Or is it something else?

Thanks

Hossy
01-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Do you mean .687 bore?
It may be the pressure or twist setting on the qloader itself. That would be my guess. also is the paint old? been in the cold or heat too long?

ct_painball_warrior
01-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Do you mean .687 bore?
It may be the pressure or twist setting on the qloader itself. That would be my guess. also is the paint old? been in the cold or heat too long?

Sorry yes 0.687 bore.

Paint is new, stored and used in 45 degree temperature.

My pre-winds are at 12... Any less then that and the last 40 balls do not feed properly...

What do you mean by twist setting?

oldironmudder
01-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Your detents could be a little weak for the force applied to the paint from the loader. Either get harder detents or go softer on the loader but like you said that turns into a problem. Have you tried just a little less prewinds?

.687 & 0.687 are the same. Both read as six hundred eighty seven thousandths of an inch.

sneekypete
01-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Are the total # of balls even from the Q-loader to the (including) the breach

slim and shady
01-22-2009, 09:14 PM
I would check your detents also marbs have a brittle shell try using a stiffer shelled paint and I bet you wont have any trouble. the q-loader puts alot of force on the ball also how is it set up are you using the tube or is it direct feed? if your using a tube insure that there are no sharp corners that could be hampering the feeding as you start to shoot if it struggles it may start to fall behind as you continue to shoot causing ony half or a partial of the ball to be in the breach when you shoot. If your detents arent in poor condition try to up the prewinds to see if you are feeding to slow. though I doubt you would be. let us know, but try other paint with a stiffer shell and see if you still have the same problem.

ct_painball_warrior
01-23-2009, 06:26 AM
This is my setup:
http://adamrountree.com/mr1_002.jpg

Detent issue solved. I got up early this AM and put a second detend on the exact oposite side. Drilled and milled the hole for the detent, then drilled and tapped two holes for machine screws to secure a small akuminum plate to hold detent in place. Then I milled a second slot in my home made anti-chop bolt. Now I should have no double feed issues even with a force-fed hopper or Q Loader.

How does the Q Loader hose look on the above picture... Is it okay?

Thanks

bigred76
01-23-2009, 11:37 AM
It looks like you're a machinist... with some spare time on his hands... :eek:

Very nice job on that marker! Looks like it should be just fine.

ct_painball_warrior
01-23-2009, 11:45 AM
It looks like you're a machinist... with some spare time on his hands... :eek:

Very nice job on that marker! Looks like it should be just fine.

LOL, thanks, but I'm no machinest, but you almost need to be one to play paintball... If they made cars the way they make paintball gear none of us would make it to work on time... LOL

slim and shady
01-23-2009, 02:28 PM
The hose looks fine, but again try some stiffer shelled paint.