PDA

View Full Version : Whats minimum pressure?

Babalui
01-19-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi,
Just as I was able to fix my new Q-loader, and it seems to be working OK, but I have a small problem as I don't have acces to HPA during the week, and I have only about 1100 PSI left in the bottle from last weekend (only on weekends, when we get together to play, but buddy with HPS is rather far away from my house). So, I'm kinda impatient to test Q-loader, but MR2 will not re-cock.

What is the minimum pressure needed for re-cocking?

Btw, all parts are (still) original. How can I lower the limit?

Thanks in advance

oldironmudder
01-19-2009, 12:43 PM
What is the minimum pressure needed for re-cocking?

Btw, all parts are (still) original. How can I lower the limit?

To lower the operating pressure, you need a spring kit and a few internal parts replaced, like the valve.

The lowest Ive seen my blowbacks recock is in the low 500s & high 400s but they wouldnt throw a ball very far. But with some polishing & porting, I have had my TL+ down to 260ish but it was a gas hog.

Give me a few minutes to find a link to Otter's LP article.

Babalui
01-19-2009, 03:04 PM
500?!? Jeez! That's amazing.
I do not care about the range at such a low pressure. It is very logical that it will not reach far, but I was not able to find such info in the manual, and I hoped that 1000 will be enough for at least some blowback. Naturally, I got worried that ther is something wrong with the marker.

Thanks in advance for any links on advices, and if you could give me some pics or shop links I would be very grateful.

Also, is there any kind of valve to set the pressure manually, say to keep it low, but to be able to adjust it in-game?

PS - I'm rather new in PB, and still learning proper (english) terminology. Just realized from your reply that LP stands for "low pressure" - that would save me some time on google :foreheadslap:

DFSniper
01-19-2009, 03:15 PM
i got my spyder to recock at 250psi, but was only shooting about 195fps, and at higher rates of fire, the gun would starve for air.

'01edgered
01-20-2009, 07:55 AM
the 1100 in your tank is going to run out very fast. your going to need to fill it to make the marker work as it should.

Babalui
01-20-2009, 10:17 AM
the 1100 in your tank is going to run out very fast. your going to need to fill it to make the marker work as it should.

Erm, I know. But that's all I have left from 2 weekends ago, and I do not need to play full game right now, I just want to test Q-loader for possible chopping. I thought it will be enough for some 10-20 balls, but it will not recock at all. Cannot test Q-loader with manual cocking properly :(
And its kinda hard to fine tune stuff when there are people around you having fun ;)
I wanted to test it before this weekend. I hope I will be able to fill up the bottle before then, but now I'm mostly curious about minimum pressure needed for automatic recocking and how to lower it, not how long the 1100 will last. In fact, it is still at 1100 :)

oldironmudder
01-20-2009, 10:56 AM
With 1100psi in the tank, I dont see why you cant do atleast a quick burst & try to chop.

Babalui
01-20-2009, 11:05 AM
With 1100psi in the tank, I dont see why you cant do atleast a quick burst & try to chop.

That is exactly my question.

sonik
01-20-2009, 06:16 PM
get a 12oz CO2 bottle (about 20$ in a store with sporting goods... walmart, canadian tire...) and test your system... testing sucks in the field unless you bring the tools with you and even then....

Invest in a little back up for yourself and some testing time and you will appreciate it later on.

Babalui
01-21-2009, 04:19 AM
Thnx Sonik, that was on my mind, but again I have to till weekend (or even more). My gang uses HPA only, and there are very few that use CO2, so it is kinda hard to get it refilled. PB equipment is very expensive here. New 12oz bottle with valve is around 50 USD, and used are not much cheaper. Still, I cann borrow one, but it will take some time.

I've arranged with my buddy to get HPA refill before Sunday game, but in meantime I've discovered somehting else:
A few days ago a remote hose with gauge arrived, that I've got over ebay (link (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110331093346&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001)).
The gauge on it says much lower pressure, about 700 PSI. It is a brand new gauge and it looks to me that this one could be more precise then the one on the bottle. Bottle is 1.5 liter (92 CI ?) 4500 PSI Crossfire that I bought few weeks ago, and was about 2 yr old. Previous owner said that it was regulary used during first yr, but very rerely during last 10-12 months. (To contradict high prices here, people are very nice and honest :D and I'm inclined to trust him.)
Now, I know the high-pressure gauges are not precise on lower pressures, but this looks like quite a diff in readings...

Here are the pics:
(bottle much lower now, due to experimenting)
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w43/Renato71/Paintball/P1210001.jpg
Hose:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w43/Renato71/Paintball/P1210006.jpg

Babalui
01-24-2009, 12:54 AM
There is something very wrong. Last night I filled the bottle up to 2000 and it still refuses to recock. I fiddle around with tension, with or without extension airline, even removed lower half of the expansion chamber. Still no results.

Babalui
01-24-2009, 04:25 AM
Ummmmm, right... Figured out my problem... There was some garbage stuck below the bolt, namely paint. As it was cold during last game, some paint stuck hard, and then melted deeper into the casing, then hardened again, then melted, hardened... I mised few hardened and few melted spots during last cleaning. Some paint got into trigger grip, and then oozed back into bolt. I've cleaned up everything and replaced few O-rings, just in case. Works like charm now. Almost drilled a hole in the wall :)

So, my fault, but still got interesting replies here, thanks for assistance to all.

sonik
01-24-2009, 04:39 AM
i was just about to post that you have something causing friction with a) the bolt or b) the hammer. Either that or a blockage with the valve body/valve pin that was preventing gas pushing the hammer back (unlikely).

I'm glad you figured it out yourself... we learn better that way... :-)

s.

Ummmmm, right... Figured out my problem... There was some garbage stuck below the bolt, namely paint. As it was cold during last game, some paint stuck hard, and then melted deeper into the casing, then hardened again, then melted, hardened... I mised few hardened and few melted spots during last cleaning. Some paint got into trigger grip, and then oozed back into bolt. I've cleaned up everything and replaced few O-rings, just in case. Works like charm now. Almost drilled a hole in the wall :)

So, my fault, but still got interesting replies here, thanks for assistance to all.

Babalui
01-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Darn, it was some dark-green winter paint. I did not clean it up poperly after the game, and leter on when i got home it got perfectly liquid on the room temp that it look like lub oil :P
And as I checked the parts while inside of the apartement, and tested outside... Well, I figured this out when I got really mad and stripped all parts down on the balcony.