PDA

View Full Version : What if spyder made a nerf dart gun?

spyderfan4271
01-17-2009, 05:19 PM
It was -20 in northern Indiana yesterday so my kids were chasing each other with these nerf dart guns in the house. Both of my sons and all the neighbor kids have several of them. I seen in a forum on pbnation where college students talked of having nerf gun wars in there dorms. What if tippmann or kingman teamed up with nerf and came out with a simple aluminum gun. It wouldn't need air just a spring sear design almost like a pump. It could be played on indoor soccer fields with bunkers like paintball or lazer tag. With no co2 or compressed air the insurance companies should allow children younger then 10 years old to play. There wouldn't be welts and 30bps, less protection would be required. To people that have never played paintball it can seem intimidating. Darts would seem less threatening parents might be more likey to bring there kids out to play. There would be no $50-$70 bucks a case for paint. The plastic guns are fine for awhile but if you had designated fields they would need something more industrial strength to use as rental guns. And after all these kids that started on darts get older they could make a transition over to paintball.

Modded-Like-Hell
01-17-2009, 05:45 PM
you could make one just find a way to put a neft dart in it...maybe cut out a load chamber with a slide piece over it in the barrel. kind of like a bolt action rifle.seal the feedneck hole. just a thought

DFSniper
01-17-2009, 06:12 PM
im pretty sure nerf has a patent on nerf guns...

xsvly-fat
01-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Yeah I think they do, that's one minor set back.