PDA

View Full Version : NEED Help...FAST

Live2Play
01-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Hey guys,

Quick question actually. I sold my ion and compressed air tank online on ebay. Winning bidder just so happens to live in russia. I've never shipped anything internationally before, nor have I ever shipped a paintball tank.

How do you ship compressed air tanks by mail? Thanks. :confused:

oldironmudder
01-15-2009, 09:40 PM
First thingn No air at all in it. Now shipping that far overseas, I would remove the regulator & tell the buyer that you are just to be extra careful. With the reg off, if it were to get opened & looked at, like shipping to Canada, they see a tank then they see the inside & like... ok, what ever.

Plus theres prolly something about shipping a tank that CAN hold pressure on a plane.

I dont know how you set your shipping up on ebay but I would call around to the USPS, UPS & FEDEX to shipping price & double check the rules on it.

Muddytaco
01-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Since it will be going on a plane at some point it needs to have the regulator separated from the tank.

As for shipping it out of the country, you will have to fill out some customs forms, thats about the only thing that is different. USPS was the cheapest that I have used, I have some of my old guns in Finland and Sweden.

bigred76
01-16-2009, 12:58 AM
Have your local shop remove the regulator, don't try to do it yourself unless you're absolutely certain that you can do it. If you have any doubts, take it into your shop. It'll cost you a little bit, but I think that that's better than screwing up a tank.

Live2Play
01-16-2009, 07:16 AM
Turns out usps is ALOT cheaper to send it all out than everyone else. They said I can leave the regulator on the tank as long as they can see it's empty. Then I just have to fill out customs forms to declare whats inside. SO I guess I dont have to take the regulator off? I also called UPS and they said regulator removal wasn't necessary either. Go figure.

deano 177
01-16-2009, 09:49 AM
I would definately loosen the burst disks. Let your buyer know.

bigred76
01-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Gauge taken off would definitely signify that it's empty. :)

Live2Play
01-16-2009, 04:46 PM
I ended up going down to my field to have the reg completely removed. I'll let the buyer know about having an airsmith throw it back on. I figure its better safe than sorry. Thanks guys. :)

deano 177
01-16-2009, 06:22 PM
:up: