PDA

View Full Version : Should I go see someone?

paintballkid0206
01-14-2009, 04:32 PM
alright, for awhile now ive had these really in-depth thoughts like periodically throughout the day and almost always whiel im laying in bed. This thoughts are usually about death (what will really happen) which usually leads to me questioning my religion (Lutheranism) and i really hate that. and sometimes when i think about this i feel like im just a puppet, and theres like someone controling me. so thats what i feel like/think about. (i know there are more things that i could say i think about, but i dnt remember them now, i might later. if i remember, ill post them/edit this post). so..

I FEEL LIKE I'M GONNA GO CRAZY! i can't stand it anymore! this stuff is seriously driving me mad. its annoying! and i hate doubting my religion and that stuff. so the question is: Should i go see someone (like the school counselor) I REALLY want this to stop. what do you guys think?

Critical
01-14-2009, 04:43 PM
The school counselor would not be the place to go. I would suggest going to your place of worship. Many times, there are members there in every specialty, that can work with other members in a framework of their faith. For instance, mental health professionals. Your church (or whatever) should have a listing or bulletin board or something of people you can contact who will help you with any problems.

shunut
01-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Your thoughts aren't all too uncommon. I think a lot of people think about the same things. If you feel they are a problem and you really want to talk about them, you might want to make an appointment with a counselor or even go talk to your Pastor (or whatever you call him). As long as the thoughts aren't about killing yourself, I wouldn't say they are bad.

paintballkid0206
01-14-2009, 04:54 PM
I stopped cutting and thinking about suicide a LONG time ago. :). i havent had these thoughts as often lately, but i just wanted peoples' opinions on what i should do in case i start having them again.

oldironmudder
01-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Back when I was thinking of killing myself I was also thinking about god & that stuff really hard & the killing my self was the hard thing to push away. But the religion was kinda easy to figure out after alot of deep thinking & loud music.

If it gets to the point you cant push it out of your head, talk to some one. Really, talk to someone. Cause I figured out it isnt worth dying young & Im glad I didnt years ago cause to much good stuff has happened or is going on now in my life.

DFSniper
01-14-2009, 05:04 PM
like josh said, everyone goes through that. its not uncommon to question your religion. now, you dont have to take my advice, but after lots of thought, i realized that it wasnt so much living word-by-word what you were being preached, but living how you think your religion wants you to live. IMO having a personal connection with God is more important than praying because your religion tells you to, and feeling distanced from Him.

FredPo
01-14-2009, 05:54 PM
These thoughts don't sound too abnormal; however, I would pray and ask God for help on this one. Just remember that great Philosophers pondered the idea of our human existence and what our purpose in this life. Just pray to God and ask for his help. I'm sure you'll be take care of ;).

Fred

ferret15
01-14-2009, 06:15 PM
its not bad to question your religion or anything for that matter.

You have decided what you value in life and live for that. No Church, Counselor, Hero can give you the answers you answer you are looking for. Only you can find them.
I'm not saying that you won't find assistance to help you find your question will only truly be answered by one person. and that is in yourself.

I long quit believe in CHURCH a long time ago, i'm not going to say much more but just so you see where my point of view might come from, i believe in "God" but not the churches or the "teaching" of any organized religion and it has lead to many more of my own questions. feel free to pm im me if you care to. i don't think there is too much room for a people beliefs thread with out problems

edit: Just like to say DF i like where your going with that.
IMO having a personal connection with God .

xsvly-fat
01-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah best thing to do would be pray, read the Bible, talk to your parents (or whoever you feel really close to that you know will lead you in the right direction, and like DFSniper said have a personal connection with God. Also another thing that has a MAJOR influence on your life is the music you listen to. If you listen to anything that has bad lyrics that talk about death and that stuff I'd just get ride of it, it may not seem bad at all but it really sticks in your head.

DFSniper
01-14-2009, 07:27 PM
i have to disagree on that. i listen to a lot of different music, and while some of it is depressing, some of it can get you to think about life and death, and coming to your own conclusions is what matters.

TheDarkShadow
01-15-2009, 04:43 PM
if it is really bothering you, you should see some one. it may help just to talk to someone about it in person

xsvly-fat
01-15-2009, 06:31 PM
i have to disagree on that. i listen to a lot of different music, and while some of it is depressing, some of it can get you to think about life and death, and coming to your own conclusions is what matters.

I listen to all kinds of music too, I'm not saying that all the time it's bad but if you are feeling some what bad and you listen to music that talks about stuff like death it probably isn't going to help you. Also music has different effects on every one so it's a hard call.

paintballkid0206
01-17-2009, 08:50 AM
i listen to country, classic rock, some alternative/"emo". and some songs that talk about death n stuff like that get to me, some dnt. it just depends.. n thanks to everyone for your help and opinions

VS3 Sniper
01-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Imo everyone of faith goes through some doubt at some point. I had some thoughts a few years back like "what if I'm wrong?" about christianity(my religion), But if I am I won't lose anything. I will have lived a good life etc. But thats also where faith steps in. Just my .02 cents

paintballkid0206
01-17-2009, 06:15 PM
yea, i always wonder "if im wrong". and like, if another religion is "right" and there is no God and then what would happen if I die. thats sometimes what i think about...

DFSniper
01-17-2009, 07:34 PM
well, if it turns out that there is no God, what do you have to lose by living a religious life?

paintballkid0206
01-18-2009, 09:16 AM
very true..

ferret15
01-18-2009, 09:39 AM
well, if it turns out that there is no God, what do you have to lose by living a religious life?

yea, i always wonder "if im wrong". and like, if another religion is "right" and there is no God and then what would happen if I die. thats sometimes what i think about...

i think all religion is on the right path, but because we are only human we interpret a little different and cannot truly comprehend the reality of the truth yet. I don't think blindly believing in a religion is the way to go, if you truly believe in Christianity then you should understand all other religions to be able to compare, contrast, and justify your belief. That would only make sense would you go out and buy a car because your parents were ford people or whatever? of course not you would look at everything else and decided for yourself what you wanted.

DFSniper
01-18-2009, 10:35 AM
:up: to my man ferret! i find it hard to believe that theres only one "true" religion and everyone else is going to hell.

spyderfan4271
01-20-2009, 05:51 PM
I stopped cutting and thinking about suicide a LONG time ago. :). i havent had these thoughts as often lately, but i just wanted peoples' opinions on what i should do in case i start having them again.

Did you seek help when you use cut yourself and think of suicide? I had a friend that committed suicide. His brother never got help and resorted to drugs alcohol and killed himself three years later. The parents divorced and moved away. We all have low points in our lives but parents shouldn't have to bury there children. I hope you can talk to someone to set these thoughts of death at ease. You should be living your life not dwelling on death.

pntballer5634
05-12-2009, 11:05 AM
ok, no offense to other relegion but heres my thoughts.
honestly, i gave up on relegion because the idea of a god who can't help you during life at all, and can't be proven to exist, but you have to go otta your way to please him so you go to heaven, but then you can't come back and tell peeps what happened. i don't believe in god, or any relegion.
also, i used to be deppressed, i tried to kill myself 2 times, so i know where your coming to.. but when life geets rough, i just smile, an let it all pass by me. i don't get sad no more, im just happy. whenever something bad happens, i just let it go. i don't hold onto bad thoughts. now whatever you do, do not cut, it's the worst thing. avoid drugs, and booze. my parents broke up afta some rough fightin when i was 7. my grandma who i was mad close to died when i was 4. we moved to colorado afta the divorce, and things were tough there. my dad moved there eventually. then he wa diagnosed with bi polar, but wouldnt take his meds. so he's get realy angry sometimes. i would fight with him every time me and my lil bro would visit, i had to supervise my brother and protect him from my dad, i was 12 at the time.. then at 13, we had a big fight where my dad was yelin and i told him to F off, he punched me in the face, i hit him. then he grabbed me by the neck, started choking me, and said " go show your ****ing therapist what i did" i almost passed out. then my ma came and got me. afta that, i had another figh where my dad almost broke my bro's ribs and ****ed up my nose. now i can't see him alone, or go in a car with him. so we move to jersey, he come back. calls me at 2 am, " guess what chris, i moved back to colorado, you guys were too much stress, i don't wana ever see u again." that was a tough one. now he's talkin to me again after briefly thinking my whole family was conspiring against him. i think he doess drugs cause he's livin wit a friend, sold all his ****, he's manager at lowes, yet he's poor. but you know what, after a while, i stopped bein sad. i let it all go, and im a realy happy guy now. i don't get sad or angry, i just smile and tell joke.

ferret15
05-12-2009, 11:52 AM
ok, no offense to other religion but heres my thoughts.
honestly, i gave up on religion because the idea of a god who can't help you during life at all, and can't be proven to exist, but you have to go otta your way to please him so you go to heaven, but then you can't come back and tell peeps what happened. i don't believe in god, or any religion.

You create the experiences you have here, and to ask somebody else to do that for you would only be a waste of time and i can understand why you would think such thoughts of suicide and the like. What you need to realize is that men created religion for many various reason and at this time all of our religions have served their purpose, and If men created these religions that only mean that we are in fact this divine being you call God. If you don't believe in yourself to make things better in your own life nobody else can help you.

here is a good video to maybe help you see something you haven't seen yet
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8689261981090121097

pntballer5634
05-12-2009, 12:01 PM
thats the thing. i dnt wait for a god figure to make things better. i live to make myself and the people around me happy. relegion is a primitave form of explaining things

ferret15
05-12-2009, 12:02 PM
thats the thing. i dnt wait for a god figure to make things better. i live to make myself and the people around me happy. relegion is a primitave form of explaining things

Live to make yourself happy no matter what anybody else says. You cannot make somebody happy if they are set on not being happy. But seriously it sounds like you should watch that video i posted.

pntballer5634
05-12-2009, 01:45 PM
well, i don't mean i let other people control me. but i like to help people feel happy. thats what i meant. it cam across like i was saying that i just try to please other people. but i like helping peeps

paintballkid0206
05-12-2009, 06:41 PM
wow chris... thats rough... now i feel like a **** for complaining... and i, myself, was brought up fairly religiously. so i try to believe in stuff, but i just dont know if i can. and about the drugs/booze... NEVER. ok, 1. im against it anyway, 2. my dad works for the county jail. he says he will bring home drug kits if he suspects me of anything...

pntballer5634
05-13-2009, 02:38 AM
well i ddn't say that to make you feel bad for me.. thank you for yoour concern tho. the point is, im a better person cause of it. and im a happy guy now. i felt much better the day i learned to let things go

pntballer5634
05-13-2009, 10:07 AM
and i'll never have a shortage of lyrics for songs

paintballkid0206
05-13-2009, 04:06 PM
lyrics, yea, ive got tons of them too. and ik u didnt mean it to make me feel bad for u, i just do.

pntballer5634
05-13-2009, 04:20 PM
yea i gotcha. i would also try to steer clear of depressing music. it may sound cool at the time, but it would make me have some bad thoughts. check out the band rage against the machine great sound, and the lyrics are about making change, helps take your mind off of stuff. also for some more uplifting stuff, check out the red hot chili peppers and sublime. i listen to scar tissue (RHCP) every night, and calm like a bomb (RATM) and what i got (sublime) every morning. and play an instrument. also, distance running helped me a lot. also, don't hang with depressing people, surround yourself with happy people. and good luck, pm me if you ever need some support

paintballkid0206
05-13-2009, 04:46 PM
thanks chris. um, i dnt always listen to depressing music. i listen to the local rock station and a country station. the country now is all about relationships. the music doesnt bother me if its depressing, it actually sorta helps. i really want to immerse myself in paintball/guitar once i get my job and have spare time over the summer. im not rly a distance runner, ima sprinter, but i cant do much cuz i have either severe shin splints/possible stress fracture. and my friends are mainly happy people. we're a buncha goof-offs. lol goof-offs, but we care about school. and ill keep that offer in mind. thanks

pntballer5634
05-13-2009, 04:58 PM
well good for you.
1. i thought dark music was helping till i stopped listening too it
2. how long you playin guitar for? i've been for 5 years
3. i was a sprinter, till i tried distance. try xc, it's a different time than track, and it'll keep u in shape.
4. im a lot like that, always tellin jokes, but im smart. A in honors bio and geometry ( sophmore classes)

paintballkid0206
05-13-2009, 06:45 PM
answers:

2. i got my first guitar 2 years ago for x-mas. i started teachin myself, then got in the church praise team band that plays 1x a month. now i hav another guitar and i might b playin rhythm for a friends band (idk). we're prolly just gonna record a song or something, idk the details yet.
3. i play football, so im not in xc, but if i wasnt in football, it'd b soccer. i dnt have the endurance for xc.
5.and yea, im in geometry and spanish 2 (also soph classes)

pntballer5634
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
nice. im prob gettin an ibanez wd7 weeping demon wawa today