PDA

View Full Version : what kind of asa should i get??

asiandude74
03-08-2006, 07:24 PM
i have an ion and i dont no what kind of asa i want but i need an on/off and thats about it so any ideas? thanks

bigred76
03-08-2006, 07:52 PM
I'd go for a CP 2k5 On/Off with a CP Rail. Best for the price, nice system bleed and an EZ turn.

QAZ123
03-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Yep either the 2k5 railmount cp or direct mount cp are just flippin sweet!

JB.

vikingshadow
03-08-2006, 08:11 PM
I like NDZ ez turn on/offs - they have a bleed hole, smoothest AND easiest on/off I've ever used, and it looks good. Just another suggestion...

druid
03-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Trinity are reeeeeeeal nice...look for my latest pics in the pics thread

lewizz124
03-08-2006, 10:00 PM
well the way i do it is i use anything thats cheap, the right color, isnt too ugly and has a rail and on off.

Ares
03-09-2006, 03:19 AM
well the way i do it is i use anything thats cheap, the right color, isnt too ugly and has a rail and on off.
thats what i do, paying $50 for a cp on/off is way too expensive imo.

taurinic
03-09-2006, 03:26 AM
thats what i do, paying $50 for a cp on/off is way too expensive imo.

and thats why i buy it used. i'd go with the cp 05 with a rail. imo, the direct mount is too much of a hassle, i had to go buy longer screws that'll fit.

ShadowX
03-09-2006, 03:30 AM
im telling you right now the SP s-rail and and SP on/off are GREAT! its a QUARTER turn then its off, yea, go look at CP or NDZ probably about 2-3 turns, and i admit that the NDZ and CP are easy to turn, but the SP is very close and PLUS its only a quarter turn.

i say s-rail and SP on/off all the way.

vikingshadow
03-09-2006, 05:25 AM
Not for nothing, and not to take away from ShadowX's post, but I hated my SP asa. (The one that came stock with my Shocker.) I had to keep a tank Oring inside it to keep it sealed, and then had to leave my tank on it because the chances of it not sealing were high. Then, it had no bleed port, which made it really hard to remove the tank without shooting my gun down which is pretty inconvenient when you're at a tournament.

The NDZ does come with a rail, or can use any other rail (I have mine with an Srail) and it's one of the lightest ones out there. But ANY of these with on/offs and a bleed port are excellent!

ShadowX
03-09-2006, 06:43 AM
thats weird vike i havent had any trouble with mine, maybe down the road i will ,but i hope not, so far its been great! but yea the s-rail is still a good choice, even if vikes opion on the on/off turned you away, the s-rail is still very nice.

lewizz124
03-09-2006, 11:42 AM
im telling you right now the SP s-rail and and SP on/off are GREAT! its a QUARTER turn then its off, yea, go look at CP or NDZ probably about 2-3 turns, and i admit that the NDZ and CP are easy to turn, but the SP is very close and PLUS its only a quarter turn.

i say s-rail and SP on/off all the way.
but if its cheap and used or in my case free... id take the 2-3 extra turns. seriously, paintballers are a bunch of ******. they whine about the "kick" of there protos and there extra 2-3 turns to turn somthing on or off and about how there on off switch is too hard ect. seriously how bad does a proto kick? lol. but seriously just buy whatever you can pickup cheapest out of the mentioned on off and rail combos.

asiandude74
03-09-2006, 06:10 PM
so most people like the cp or the ndz so which one? as in a link to the product and thanks and also wondering is this the 2k5 cp http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=O6tmfqY_CK9mYOIv68Om1qz2RWOaiieOOH4=?Pro ductID=W_jAqArbb24AAAEDBgDO1UdG

ShadowX
03-10-2006, 03:37 AM
yes that is the CP direct mount, they have a rail mount so you can put it on a drop or rail of your choice, but yea the one in that link you posted mounts directly to your ion no rail or drop needed.

druid
03-10-2006, 08:48 AM
this is what I have....
http://www.californiapaintballsupply.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=46

...and I absolutely love it. The knob's easy to turn, easy to install (just like a Uni) and the "bleeder" only holds a tiny puff of air...unlike the CP Uni. Plus, this is more sleek in styling and anno is awesome.

aodsnyper
03-10-2006, 09:34 AM
you could also look at it another "cosmetic" way... do you want your hose to come out the side or directly out the front?

i prefer out the front, so i would suggest the Smart Parts on/off (need rail/drop) or the Function direct mount on/off (no rail needed).