PDA

View Full Version : installed eyes in ACS MR2

slim and shady
01-09-2009, 02:27 PM
well I finally got arount to installing eyes into my old MR2. It wasnt terribly hard at all I just drilled the 1/8 hole for the eyes and instead of dremling a trench in the body of the marker I just did it in the forgrip. I used the old stock board from my MR2 W/eye and used the stock eyes that came with the board. I tested the marker and it works great, with no chops. I also had to dremel out the stock feedneck where the eye goes so that it didnt crush the eye. But the overall prossess was easy and took about 1 hour including testing.

I also finaly got around to making the q-loader "loader" out of a revy that Hat sent me I decided to direct feed it right to the loading socket and that works great too. I may end up putting a short hose on though just to have a visual of the paint to ensure there is no gaps that could lead to crushing in the loader.

and finally got around to fixing my remote. was a busy day!

ferret15
01-09-2009, 03:02 PM
pics! i was considering throwing my t-board in my mr2 but would have to drill for eyes.

slim and shady
01-09-2009, 03:07 PM
I will try to get pics but I will have to barrow a camera. mine was stole when my truck was stole. But I will try to get them for you.

Modded-Like-Hell
01-09-2009, 03:40 PM
PICS or BUST!!! JK -edited because i forgot the JK...my bad

slim and shady
01-09-2009, 03:45 PM
PICS or BUST!!!

I think my reputation speaks for itself, dont start **** with me.
if you dont have anything positive to add shut it.

Modded-Like-Hell
01-09-2009, 03:48 PM
ok? dont tell me you took offense to that? i wanna see what it looks like so i can add a positive comment and im really intrested in that mod...on top of that forgot to write JK oops

bigred76
01-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey hey hey... play nice. :) If you don't I'll give you both something to complain about. ;) Haha, just jokin'.

Can't wait to see pics, Slim, especially of that foregrip you did the eye channel in.

slim and shady
01-09-2009, 03:55 PM
No worries. My neighbor is home so im gonna go see if he has a digi camera I can barrow.

Modded-Like-Hell
01-09-2009, 03:59 PM
ok

sneekypete
01-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Glad to see that you are using the Q-loader loader that I sent you. I think it is a good idea to put a little hose to make sure there are no gaps in the paint.

You can borrow my camera you just have to wait untill April when I come up to play in the senario:p

slim and shady
01-09-2009, 04:50 PM
ok dont expect any great photography the camera was garbage but maby it will be enough to give you the idea.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/slim_and_shady/DSCF4475.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/slim_and_shady/DSCF4473.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/slim_and_shady/DSCF4477.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/slim_and_shady/DSCF4478.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/slim_and_shady/DSCF4480.jpg

ok there are the horrible pics for the one of the feedneck I put a peice of black tape over one side for the picture as I took the anno off a large space on the bottom but you dont want to narrow the side with the tape or it wont hold your detent tight.

Hope that helps guys if I can get my hands on a better camera I will take better pics. I tried to take one of inside the breach but it just kept comming out compleatly white, and not visible.

slim and shady
01-09-2009, 04:53 PM
forgot this one

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/slim_and_shady/DSCF4476-1.jpg

None of this was hard at all and best of all its almost all compleatly hiddin away i just have to make an eye cover for the far side and im compleatly done. The forgrip looks ugly as hell but it works and best of all you dont see any of the uglys when its on the marker.

bigred76
01-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Back the camera up some when you take macro pics (close ups). It'll focus better. ;)

Looks real nice!

slim and shady
01-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks :) it really isnt hard you just have to take alot of time drilling through the body. With the tapered breach your bit will just **** off on you if you try to force it. Go slow easy enough to do.

XSiv Force
01-09-2009, 04:59 PM
i think i need glass because those pics screwed my eyes up :D

slim and shady
01-09-2009, 05:01 PM
aaahhhh and here comes the stooges what would a project be without you guys? Irish should be ariving any minute now. Though i havnt seen him on here in a very long time. Whats up with that?

XSiv Force
01-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Sorry i was stuck in traffic
dont know no sign of him

bigred76
01-09-2009, 05:09 PM
I've got an idea for an eyecover for ya that I saw on an Angel. Lemme grab the link for the walk-through using it that was done on PBN. It looks REAL clean, and it's cheap! (if that doesn't perk up your attention, I don't really know what will :D)

EDIT: Tuh-duh! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2396989

Modded-Like-Hell
01-09-2009, 05:18 PM
that looks good...nice now i see how it was done. so the feedneck covers the eye?

slim and shady
01-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks red may do that rather then making another set out of thim plexiglass

Also forgot to mention that I had to drill another hole in the back of the trigger frame for the eye on/off button no big deal either.

Edit: missed your post modded like hell. On the one side where the feedneck is thats the cover on the otherside I will make one like I did for the cheif but way smaller and I may incorperate it right into the grip so it all comes off as one.

Modded-Like-Hell
01-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks red may do that rather then making another set out of thim plexiglass

Also forgot to mention that I had to drill another hole in the back of the trigger frame for the eye on/off button no big deal either.

Edit: missed your post modded like hell. On the one side where the feedneck is thats the cover on the otherside I will make one like I did for the cheif but way smaller and I may incorperate it right into the grip so it all comes off as one.

i diffenetly have to see how that is done, you gonna post that up too?

slim and shady
01-09-2009, 05:36 PM
making one out of plexieglass. I think I have that on one of my older threads. Shadys Mr2 project or whatever it was called. I think I put it up when i did it for the chief. have to see alot of XSivs mindless babling to find it though! ;)

All you do is cut the shape that you want drill a hole for the screw to hold it then dremel out a spot in the back so it doesnt pinch the wires.

XSiv Force
01-09-2009, 05:39 PM
oh i think if you were to count my , irish and your mindless posts i think we would see it was moes

Modded-Like-Hell
01-09-2009, 05:41 PM
yeah my mr1 might get sumthing like that

slim and shady
02-04-2009, 03:14 PM
ok I finally decided to finish this project off and stop putting it off. Thought about different styles of eye covers ect. then I was looking through my parts box and found the stock eye cover I took off the chief. So I got lazy and just used that :P now that project is compleat. now I need to know what project am I gonna find to occupy my time now?

sneekypete
02-04-2009, 05:09 PM
now I need to know what project am I gonna find to occupy my time now?

what about the Chief how is it running?

slim and shady
02-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Great actually I took it out back this afternoon and shot off a few pods. then shot a nerf rocket around the house till I was out of air :D

so what next? I NEED A PUMP

SpyderMan723
02-05-2009, 03:25 PM
lol my drilled MR2 is collecting dust in my attic.. 'Tis a shame i never got to finish it :(

slim and shady
02-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Why dont you then? I thought you sold that marker?

SpyderMan723
02-05-2009, 03:46 PM
lol naw. its just chillen. missing a few parts. it would cost me like 50-60 bucks to get it up and running again.. not worth it IMO

slim and shady
02-05-2009, 03:47 PM
What parts are you missing?