PDA

View Full Version : Im looking for options for a new gas thru grip

CarbineKid
01-09-2009, 01:51 PM
I can not stand the stock foward gas thru grip. What parts would be required to replace the stock grip. If I remember right I have to change a few parts since the stock gas thru grip is not a standard one. any help is appreciated

xsvly-fat
01-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Are you talking about the reg?

CarbineKid
01-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Oh after posting I found the answer. It looks like I need an adaptor or a front block.
Thanks

Modded-Like-Hell
01-09-2009, 02:29 PM
ok? lol no problemo dude

xsvly-fat
01-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Oh after posting I found the answer. It looks like I need an adaptor or a front block.
Thanks

Ok yeah you were talking about the reg then. And yes all you need is an adapter or front block.

kmb32123
02-12-2009, 07:49 PM
The forgrip on the front of your gun is a gas through not a regulator. Your regulator is mounted to the bottom of your gun under the trigger frame as the asa. as for the original question, all you will have to do to change this is to get and older front block that takes threads. You will then have to either get an x chamber or preferably a reg to mount on this block. Finally a new asa would be suggested to replace your bottom reg. (DP RAPS maybe?)

xsvly-fat
02-13-2009, 08:42 PM
For most lower end guns its a gas thru but for the VS2 it's called a reg (it regulates the pressure of the gun) the asa is also called the on/off if you can turn the pressure on or off (which comes stock with the VS2).

I'm really not sure what you were talking about :confused:

kmb32123
02-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Sorry to tell you but you are wrong. Have you ever used a VS2? You regulate the pressure through the asa/on-off not the forgrip. The forgrip is completly holow. No what you are talking about or dont post help. If you still dont believe me heres a link:
http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/manuals/vs2.pdf

DFSniper
02-15-2009, 06:42 PM
shame on you xsvly, you should have paid more attention to the VS series...

kmb32123
02-15-2009, 06:48 PM
lol are you the person who was telling me about fasors on nation?

CarbineKid
02-18-2009, 03:50 AM
Opps sorry for the confusion guys. I was originally looking to change the front grip, not the reg/asa(which on a VS2 is a different part). After looking around some I realized it would cost more money then I wanted to put into the gun. I appreciate all the replies.

xsvly-fat
02-18-2009, 08:06 PM
The forgrip on the front of your gun is a gas through not a regulator. Your regulator is mounted to the bottom of your gun under the trigger frame as the asa. as for the original question, all you will have to do to change this is to get and older front block that takes threads. You will then have to either get an x chamber or preferably a reg to mount on this block. Finally a new asa would be suggested to replace your bottom reg. (DP RAPS maybe?)

Sorry to tell you but you are wrong. Have you ever used a VS2? You regulate the pressure through the asa/on-off not the forgrip. The forgrip is completly holow. No what you are talking about or dont post help. If you still dont believe me heres a link:
http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/manuals/vs2.pdf

I think I just got owned... My friend had a VS2 and I've used it a bit but I never really got to mess with it.

I'm sorry about that I just assumed they were like normal guns. Sorry, my bad.
shame on you xsvly, you should have paid more attention to the VS series...

I know =/ haha.