PDA

View Full Version : Timmy Problems =/

xsvly-fat
01-08-2009, 03:34 PM
My A-Bomb is leaking badly from the bolt area. I have the pressure set at about 70 PSI so I don't think it's the LPR. I think it maybe the hoses or the barbs but I'm not sure. Any ideas what might be causing it to leak?

DFSniper
01-08-2009, 03:48 PM
turn your lpr down to 50? is it leaking around the bolt by the ram, or down the barrel?

SpyderMan723
01-08-2009, 04:48 PM
replace the ram orings/lube them

bigred76
01-08-2009, 05:20 PM
The "bolt area" isn't specific enough. Could be the poppit, ram orings, or the ram sleeve orings based on the info we have.

xsvly-fat
01-08-2009, 07:02 PM
turn your lpr down to 50? is it leaking around the bolt by the ram, or down the barrel?
Ok I'm pretty sure it's around 50. It's leaking at the back of the bolt.

replace the ram orings/lube them

I had it at a shop a few months ago and I think they replaced the ram orings and I did lube them.

The "bolt area" isn't specific enough. Could be the poppit, ram orings, or the ram sleeve orings based on the info we have.

It's the back of the bolt. I just had a new ram sleeve put in so I don't think that would be the problem and I think the ram orings were replaced at the same time.

DFSniper
01-08-2009, 07:03 PM
when all else fails, send it in to BLAST.

bigred76
01-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Take out the bolt and air the marker up. Does the ram go all the way back? When activated, does it go all the way forward? (beware, it'll be loud, cover your ears with something or stick a squeegie in the breech) Degass it and inspect the ram orings closely. Are you using DOW33 or DOW55?

FredPo
01-09-2009, 04:44 AM
Try replacing the front ram oring (The one closest to the poppit). Relube the ram and see if that doesn't correct the problem.

Fred

xsvly-fat
01-09-2009, 12:51 PM
when all else fails, send it in to BLAST.

Yeah I may have to do that.

Take out the bolt and air the marker up. Does the ram go all the way back? When activated, does it go all the way forward? (beware, it'll be loud, cover your ears with something or stick a squeegie in the breech) Degass it and inspect the ram orings closely. Are you using DOW33 or DOW55?

The ram does go all the way back. What do you mean by when activated? And I'm using Sleek.

Try replacing the front ram oring (The one closest to the poppit). Relube the ram and see if that doesn't correct the problem.

Fred

Ok thanks. I don't have any orings for it so I'll get some soon.

bigred76
01-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Get some DOW55 in. That might be your issue right there, if you're using SL33k. While SL33K is good quality DOW33, Timmy's require DOW55. Their tolerances are a bit loose, so there might not be a solid seal without the oring swelling action of the DOW55, causing your issues.

The oring on the front of the ram should be an 006-70 buna, off the top of my head.

Oh, and activating the solenoid would push the ram forward, opening the valve.

xsvly-fat
01-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Ok thank you very much I'll get some soon.

Just wondering, why would you need to know if the ram is forward or back?

bigred76
01-09-2009, 02:18 PM
If the ram isn't moving at all, something might have jammed it. If it's moving slowly, something smudged inside and is causing resistance. Most commonly an obstruction like a broken oring that hasn't quite jammed it, or old lube. :)

xsvly-fat
01-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Oh I see. Yeah it shoots just has a bad leak. Thank you very much for the help I'm going to try change the ram orings and get some DOW 55.