PDA

View Full Version : What we want Kingman to know about what we want in a new marker

druid
03-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Here are some subjects that I believe Kingman should address when constructing a new model of marker. Obviously, these are my opinions but feedback from everyone will go alot further. I know I'll miss something so please, leave intelligent suggestions and opinions if i do.
BTW...you can vote for more than one thing
Thanks.

TheRedBarron
03-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Why change a good thing? Kingman has the low end/lowcost market by the horns, they have for a long time, why enter into a different market and have a higher end gun that noone will buy because "its a spyder...".

druid
03-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Personally, I'm for performance issues. Many people buy Kingman products for their ability to be "tweaked" to their liking.
All of the OS Kusa peeps know that I tweaked the crap out of my Esprit. All the mods I did to it were for performance, save one for cosmetics (removing the top of the vision window). We all know the rampant opinions of Spyders when we walk onto the field. I can say that I have changed quite a few minds and opinions with it...Bomberpilot07 did too (since he now owns it). Everything I did enhanced the operation of the marker and how it felt in my hands. I personally don't care what it looks like, so long as it acts the way I want it to.

Barron, yes they have the market by the horns...but it's human nature to strive to be better. Why settle for being "The Dollar Store" when you can be Macy's?

TheRedBarron
03-08-2006, 11:33 AM
I agree 100% Druid but... the thing that one would fail to notice is the price increase that would be inevitable if the marker was a contender out of the box, Kingman makes their guns affordable by only supplying what is essential in a beginners gun. I too have had my fair share of modding spyders, and to me that is what make a spyder fun, I would never buy a higher end spyder because to me that ruins everything I believe a spyder should be.

colonel_moo
03-08-2006, 12:54 PM
i voted for lighter microswitch/trigger setup, because that makes the gun much better without any real extra cost to kingman. frankly, i dont realize why they havent put a lighter one in already. all the other stuff would cost to much for a low end marker. if you want that other stuff in your spyder, you can do it yourself, but most newbs dont want that.

Moe
03-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Different frames would be awesome. as well as lighter microswitches.

durrell
03-08-2006, 01:41 PM
I agree with barron. No one will want to pay for the price increase of a Spyder when guns like Ions are usually only a bit more..

druid
03-08-2006, 02:07 PM
I agree with barron. No one will want to pay for the price increase of a Spyder when guns like Ions are usually only a bit more..

Kinda true...but remember everyone's reaction to the "Tupperware" shell...how they hated it, blah blah. Then there was the "...you mean I hafta completely disassemble it just to lube the bolt?!?!?!!?......" fiasko. Well, here's the chance for Kingman's techs to come up with something original, innovative and give themselves the task of finding comparably inexpensive alternatives. Make them work for their money. Create a reasonably priced marker that performs awesomely, yet looks good to the envy of all...

Santy
03-08-2006, 02:14 PM
EP operation would be nice, and eyes, a nice reg stock. a metal clamping feedneck, or atleats a feedneck thats metal and has a larger diameter.

taurinic
03-08-2006, 03:01 PM
i'd like to see a pump spyder.

vikingshadow
03-08-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm with the above sentiments, but since we're just "what if'ing" and wishing, I'd say I'd like the tolerances to be more exact. That way, one thing will for sure fit another thing with no guessing. I'd also like to see a smaller dimension Kingman gun.

I agree with Barron though, Kingman definitely has a niche cut out for itself and it would be industrial suicide to jump out of that niche. What they should do is leave the spyder line alone and add a different line. Then they can make their name in two different markets (stay away from the Spyder name, because as was stated, the name alone tends to make people shy away.)

romntictragedy
03-08-2006, 06:16 PM
im going to have to agree with viking. they should make a higher end line with clamping feednecks, lower profiles, eyes, lowered pressure, and even ep maybe something comparible to a BL or angel, just something new and inovative.

who knows maybe people will respect spyders alot more if they just keep the name the same and make some badass guns

druid
03-08-2006, 08:50 PM
It's posts like these that they should be listening to.... Everyone's opinion is valuable!!! Keep 'em coming...Add things that I missed like the EP comment ^^^there...

SparkyGT
03-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Alot of people are going milsim, would like to see some spyders also come in flat/dust black as well

Really like the camo pilot i got for woodsball

Need built in rails on top or even sides, for scopes, that sort of thing, alot of guys use offset adaptors for accesories anyways, depending on which side they shoot

thechubbss12
03-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Thats what the MR2 line was for milsim......

Personaly the two most important thing that i think kingman should do is make there marker top cocking with lighter microswitches. This would A) make the looks of the marker much more attractive B) Would help improve performance without alot of cost if any to kingman.

Nader
03-09-2006, 04:59 PM
I put other...I'd love to see kingman make a spool-valve marker....

aodsnyper
03-09-2006, 10:00 PM
if eyes were integrated into a Kingman body with the correct board and functionality (Electra '06 hopefully) when i was searching for an answer for chopping (w/o need for a new hopper) i would still be using my "Classic" in my tournament ventures...

i have and will always love Kingman markers for what they are; entry level and basic, tinkerer's welcome, and let's see what bad-ass thing you can turn this into.

if you want my opinion, i want a Classic full body (two simple stacked tubes, fatty internals preferred but not likely) with vertical feed, eyes and an ESP frame that comes with usable options (i.e. - PSP ramping). that would be my heaven!

the rest of the mod's people already have or can do very easily and most would enjoy doing if they are anything like me.

justin

p.s. - also a link in the Manual to the "Spyder Online Community" (KUSA) for a neverending quick and somewhat precise encyclopedia to most of their inane and very repeated questions couldn't but help you, Kingman USA.

Drefish99
03-09-2006, 10:11 PM
I want to see a redesign of the AMG for the tournament scene. Make it with tournament mode and real break beam vision and not the bouncebeam that they offer on their new line. I know that this would equal more money but I don’t think Kingman reaches out enough to the people that like their products starting off and want to go to the next level.

Although this would probably have to be a whole marketing scheme behind this next level product lineup. They would need to change the mentality of why would I want to purchase another Spyder when I can get “X” upgrade or “X” marker.

They need to do better marketing to change the mentality of the paintball society. They have to make it cool to be seen with an AGG Spyder.

If any of us were to post any type of Spyder or Kingman product in the news section of PBN we would be toast. This is due to the overhype and the mentality that needs to be changed using marketing and promotion. Utilize their footprint in the NPPL scene.

I think Kingman should send me markers to R&D and make it cool to sport a Spyder.

aodsnyper
03-09-2006, 10:35 PM
i think you kind of feel me in the "look" and functionality Dre...

if you do get to R&D (lol) and need help, look me up (seriously).

Ares
03-10-2006, 03:26 AM
1/8 npt hoses
inline bottomline holes
standard screw/wrench sizes

druid
03-10-2006, 09:06 AM
spool valve is a good idea...so is the direct link idea. I would add that Otter's site should be directly linked as well...

JDubalo7
03-12-2006, 09:57 AM
standard 45. grips on electronic markers

druid
03-13-2006, 01:40 PM
ball counters/game timers?

JDubalo7
03-13-2006, 02:31 PM
threaded feednecks

TheRedBarron
03-13-2006, 04:41 PM
I think Kingman should send me markers to R&D and make it cool to sport a Spyder.
All of us green people should get to R&D :D :p

metromuppetmower
03-13-2006, 04:59 PM
produce spimmies(call it something different) only with their own board(psp,nxl,semi, ect) and have a awsome milled body. and maybe a frame similar to a 05 BL frame . break beam eyes and little kick

then be liek smart parts and not say anything to anyone bout it til 1-2 days before it comeout and have a few amazing videos of it ripping so ppl go crazy.

maybe go under a different name besides spyder,cause ppl put the name spyder with noob or crap and wont want it.

oh and definitly inline bottom line holes,standard screws, etc.

Spinal
03-13-2006, 06:32 PM
i voted other, i think t hey should cut down the price of the electra because for the price its at you can get an ion.. and put eyes in it. to make it compete with the ion.

ooglieboogliebob
03-13-2006, 06:44 PM
i like the idea of the ballcounters/game timers ... you can simulate your own game ... and practice ... always wanted to have one ... but rather i have a stopwatch ...

Ballcounters would be pretty nice ... you could see how efficient your gun is

Cakeslob
03-13-2006, 09:48 PM
i dont want any change

DFSniper
03-15-2006, 01:36 PM
LP, 90* frame (still waiting for Paint-tech!!!!!), standard eyes), inline holes, standard grips, magnetic trigger, clamping feedneck (metal of course!), regs that actually have a function, standard hose threading!, stronger feedneck & bottomline screws.

Primal
03-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Full EP
Like a better lighter version of Raven Primal and a lighter reg. closer to the marker

Aedonite
03-17-2006, 09:06 AM
i'd like to see a pump spyder.

I could not agree more. I wish the Hammer line would be rereleased with some modifications. I'd like to see the body made with a center feed with the option to add a (1) feed neck and hopper or (2) a stock class feed. I'd to see a ball detent system worked into an updated Hammer. I'd also like to see the m-16 grip replaced with a .45 grip w/ inline holes. I'd think the price point would place it above currently available entry level pumps yet still be below the price of a Phantom.

SparkyGT
03-20-2006, 11:19 AM
I still like a top feed more than the angled side feed like on the MR series, and a lighter marker is better IMHO