PDA

View Full Version : Probably picking up an ION today

bamf-hacker
03-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Well all, now that my Rodeo is totally up'd I think I am going to pick up an ION. I wanted to hear from the masses here what basic up's i should get for it. I am NOT going to totally up this gun. Just a few thing to make it a little better.

I already have a CP 2k5 rail, CP 2k5 on/off ASA, and freak barrel. I also have a CP long reg I was thinking of putting on the gun, but was not sure about the low pressure.

Let me know....

HacKeR

Santy
03-08-2006, 07:20 AM
def put the cp reg on there, abnd a q-lock, and a new trigger. like a ndz one. the metal ones.

DRAGON
03-08-2006, 07:50 AM
.........I am NOT going to totally up this gun. Just a few thing to make it a little better...............

Ya right.........famous last words. Prolly the same thing you said about your Rodeo lol - :smirk:

NitroBall
03-08-2006, 07:56 AM
word of warning, turn the reg down before u air/gas it up...

all the way down and slowly turn it up..

u need to be about 160-180 psi, do not go above 200psi..

cdayers1
03-08-2006, 08:05 AM
i would recomend a qev, aluminum trigger cam lock feed neck, and a new 9volt battery as the enclosed one is a peice of crap. i run my ion at 160 psi and get about 1500 shots out of a 68/4500 ca tank. i would also recomend a drop as it balances the gun alot better.

chubb0rz
03-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Put your current parts on. Than a feedneck (SP Qlock or CCM are good choices), a qev, trigger (i personally like delrin's better than aluminum) ANS or FBM has some good delrin's, oring kit and some lube. "Hater Sauce" and "Slick Honey" are the two better kinds of lube.

Dont have to get all of that but just some things I'd recommend after you use it and see where those parts would help.

bamf-hacker
03-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Ya right.........famous last words. Prolly the same thing you said about your Rodeo lol - :smirk:

The words on my Rodeo were:

"I'll just add one more thing!"

:lolsign:

Dragon, you really made me laugh. (only because it was so true)

Thanks all for the advise so far.

I will definitely get a feedneck, a q-lock is what I was thinking.

I also saw Dex had his Ion for sale still, I want to check with him too. But we are playing Saturday and would love to use it then.

Keep the advise coming.

HacKeR

Nader
03-08-2006, 10:26 AM
If you really decide to up it, then I suggest a new body for sure.
Lucky or NDZ are good ones.

taurinic
03-08-2006, 12:24 PM
get something that deals with performance.. like a qev, or a barrel. I've had many chops with my stock and no more with my new barrel.

ShadowX
03-08-2006, 12:32 PM
yea i would diffenately put your CP reg on it, it will work fine, trust me, a LOT better than the stock ion reg. so yea, throw your CP reg, CP on/off with rail and freak barrel. then all i suggest is a new feed neck and trigger. i wouldnt get a QEV, i mean you have a 68/45, having enough shots should not be a problem. well, i myself, would not even get a trigger, i would just get the feed neck, but try the stock ion trigger and see if you likey. lol.

Voodoo27909
03-08-2006, 09:32 PM
The QEV is for allowing the bolt to cycle faster, not to save air. GET the QEV....and the trigger is a MUST, as is the Reg

aodsnyper
03-09-2006, 11:58 AM
-QEV (SP 360, clippard)
-feedneck (CCM, Q-Lock, Trinity)
-trigger (CP, NDz)
-Kila detents
-bolt (Tech-T Lightning, Lucky)

bamf-hacker
03-10-2006, 11:59 AM

Dragon I hate you :) I mean that with all respect.

and you ask.... why do I hate you? Because you were right.

Got the Ion...

now it has:

Q-Lock
CP rail
CP ASA w/bleed
CP reg
Hybrid grips
CP trigger
SP Blackheart board and a QEV next week (they had no more in stock)
Full Freak

Guess the only thing left is the body :) So at this point why not!

But I love the gun!! It rips, no kick, ball on ball accuracy and quiet.

HacKeR

NB_Hacker_NB
03-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Hacker, I hate you. Wanna know why? Because you have a kick-ass gun. :)

^ You can put that one in your siggy.

bamf-hacker
03-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Hacker, I hate you. Wanna know why? Because you have a kick-ass gun. :)

^ You can put that one in your siggy.

I liked your idea and is now sig'd

HacKeR

NB_Hacker_NB
03-10-2006, 02:20 PM
But yea nice gun.

bamf-hacker
03-12-2006, 06:12 AM
WOW is what I have to say!!!

I played this weekend with my new Ion. I was on fire. It is amazing how much more accurate you are with a gun with very little kick. I wasn't bad with my Spyder, but it was hard sometimes to get multiple shots in the same spot, not with the Ion...

Thank you all for your help. I will get a video of it shooting soon with the new board.

HacKeR

DyNasty9
03-12-2006, 06:28 AM
WOW is what I have to say!!!

I played this weekend with my new Ion. I was on fire. It is amazing how much more accurate you are with a gun with very little kick. I wasn't bad with my Spyder, but it was hard sometimes to get multiple shots in the same spot, not with the Ion...

Thank you all for your help. I will get a video of it shooting soon with the new board.

HacKeR
amazing how much bettter you play with a "good gun" not saying your rodeo wasnt good, my rodeo is sick too, but i play better with my shocker.:cool:
nice gun

edit: oooo and if you havent already got the blackheart board i would suggest waiting on the tadeo board or get the virtue, my friend got the blackhard and it wouldnt work and it screwed up his gun.but idk maybe he got a bad board.

bamf-hacker
03-12-2006, 11:37 AM
i already got the Blackheart board and it worked great. Your friend might have gotten a dud.

Looks like I am not getting my video today so stay tuned for it.

HacKeR