PDA

View Full Version : Em1 / Primal Ram update! ***PIC***

RainInBlood
12-31-2008, 12:53 PM
So we (me and my Primal buddy) got the ram back and will be testing it shortly. When i opened it up I was surprised at the quality. Its basically a stainless ram and core with delrin body pressed on. It is based on the design of the Raven Primal ram which is basically an em1 ram on a diet .And dang this thing is light! Hopefully not too light. We will be experimenting with lighter spring combinations and what not. If we get good results we will be selling them to those who are interested. They will probably be around 30-35 bucks including the springs. I will keep you guys updated (you guys meaning all 2 or 3 em1 owners that actually are still into this stuff lol). For now here is a pic!
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/BassThrasher27/Angel%20frame%20to%20em1/ram.jpg

DFSniper
12-31-2008, 01:18 PM
nice. where did you get it done?

oldironmudder
01-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Looks good!! I want a full report on my desk by monday!!!!

DRAGON
01-01-2009, 02:25 AM
Hey, looks nice! Just hope you didn't use any type of nylon based delrin or you'll eventually experience swelling probs -

Think if I had done that I would have put the thicker part of the SS piece towards the front and threaded the SS front into the delrin back to evade any separation concerns that could arise from the continual jarring. Or at least nerled a shaft portion onto the SS piece for some grab then press fit them together. Or is that what you did do? -

Was the SS part hardened? -

At any rate, nice idea, let us know how it goes -

RainInBlood
01-01-2009, 02:52 AM
Yeah I believe it is hardened , i will release more details on the machinist as I order more if things go well. This thing aint coming apart thats fo sho its done pretty professionally. I'm going to give it hell while testing it though just incase. We tossed the idea around about threading it but he assured me this would be the best way so we will see. This is just the prototype though so if changes need to be made they will be. I fired the thing a few times in my buddys primal (ebay valve ,lighter bolt pin, ported lpr,AKA 2-liter reg) And it definately will need a much lighter valve spring. When I adjusted the LPR up it shot better but i had no way to tell the FPS because I didn't have paint and had a lowww tank. So today I will be testing with full tank ,paint , lighter springs , and chrono. We shall see how it goes

BloodLustAC
01-10-2009, 11:58 PM
DUDE you hafta keep me updated about this stuff on PBN! I don't check here too often... definitely interested if you make more, though I'd rather see a trayless mod with that adapter and all ;)

By the way, will a Rock LPR work or only a Micro Rock LPR? Might need you to help me mod one to get it on my gun, but I'll PM you later.

oldironmudder
01-11-2009, 07:05 AM
A Rock is the same as Micro Rock but with a pressure relief.

Modded-Like-Hell
01-11-2009, 08:26 AM
nice. very nice. keep us updated!

RainInBlood
01-13-2009, 05:34 AM
Testing so far has gone well. There is a noticable difference in kick. Its held up through all the hell we gave it and cycles great with no problems. Although it did require us to turn up the LPR a tad bit and raise our overall operating pressure. I'm hoping this might actually make it more efficient on air due to higher air pressure needing less mass to push the lighter ram if you know what i'm saying. I am still deciding if its worth it to make a few more or just work on a 2 way ram. Whatever a few of you guys would be more interested in ....of course the 2 way ram would cost a good amount more!

DFSniper
01-13-2009, 05:51 AM
Hey, looks nice! Just hope you didn't use any type of nylon based delrin or you'll eventually experience swelling probs -

hmm, funny you mention that. i'm getting a special nylatron timmy ram to test that has virtually no kick! and the guy said that the material is pretty much impact resistant, so i wonder if you could do that with the ram and lose the metal piece all together.

RainInBlood
01-13-2009, 06:53 AM
We toyed with that idea a bit but actually the ram is almost too light as is! haha It won't even work with the stock valve spring . I even thought about adding weight to the next one but I got this one tuned pretty good now so I think this may be just right. Not too much not too little (atleast for this current setup). Basically a lighter valve spring and higher flowing valve (ebay valve) is a must or I doubt you will get good fps with this ram. Atleast not without running higher PSI.

DFSniper
01-13-2009, 07:04 AM
yeah, usually a lighter ram needs a lighter spring since theres less mass pushing on it.