PDA

View Full Version : Did I get screwed by my local proshop? MR3 discontinued???

EliteABombAZ
12-29-2008, 06:42 AM
Ok... I called my local proshop last week and ordered a Spyder MR3. The guy said he would place the order and it would take a few days. Well.... when the time came, the guy called me and said that Spyder has discontinued the MR3 because the MR2 with eyes is the same thing.... so now... if you want the MR3, you have to buy the MR2, assult kit and stock to make it an MR3. Is this true or was he blowing smoke up my ass?

In the end I ended up taking the MR2 anyway... because #1, The store's policy states that if I put 20% on the gun and then back out, they keep the money. and #2, The MR2 w/eyes and MR3.... really are the same gun. I just feel a little cheated.

So... anyway... was he lying or telling the truth?

vikingshadow
12-29-2008, 06:56 AM
I don't think you got cheated. It seems that I've heard the MR3 is discontinued.

Most people say that they prefer the MR2 anyways, so I don't think you got screwed. You just have a proshop guy that doesn't know much about Spyders, it seems.

DirtySouth
12-29-2008, 06:57 AM
I don't think they got discontinued. =/

vikingshadow
12-29-2008, 07:11 AM
Hmmmm, guess you're right. I could have sworn I heard that, though. Oh, well.

I still don't think he got cheated.

Hob Hayward
12-29-2008, 07:23 AM
I don't really see the store lying about be able to get in a MORE expensive gun, usually if you're getting cheated, they at least try to make more money off of you...

dizzy
12-29-2008, 07:27 AM
I think it was on here (Probably the Spyder Store thread) that someone noticed they didn't have the MR3 on there, and someone replied by saying that Spyder was moving to discontinue it.

EDIT: Found it. The last 2 posts on the first page.
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=18815

ferret15
12-29-2008, 10:13 AM
yeah i would imagine that you would still be able to buy them new untill they run out.

DRAGON
12-29-2008, 10:57 AM
1) MR3 has been discontinued -

2) If you like the MR3 you can just find it at a place that's still selling it or you can buy the front piece from Kingman and install it on an MR2 -

3) Store can't hold you to their policy if you ordered an MR3 and they couldn't get it or ordered something else in its place w/o your consent. Actually, I highly doubt they could legally enforce that policy until after they made the order period. Sounds like you were swindled into thinking so though. If they forced that down your throat that's what the BBB is for. If you had mentioned that I'm sure they would have changed their tone about what they're keeping. After such a deception, I doubt I'd do business with them again. For that part of your experience, he was indeed blowing smoke up your :butwiggle: -

vikingshadow
12-29-2008, 04:37 PM
I thought I heard it was discontinued!

Man, you guys are making my head hurt...

TheDarkShadow
12-29-2008, 08:34 PM
the one better thing about the MR2 w/eye is that you can turn your eyes on in all modes, unlike w/the MR3 you only have eyes in semi

Master Tech
12-30-2008, 09:23 AM
MR3 is iscontinued that's why it wasn't on the '08 Spyder Catalog. The MR2 is definitely better because of the eye function. Also the MR3 is much heavier than the MR2.

I understand your dismay with the dealer and Sunny D made a few valid points on how they conducted themselves. I'm sure you would've been okay if they had made you aware of the situation ahead of time instead of just letting you know what your getting after the fact.

They can't force you to take what you didn't order just because they didn't have it in stock. Unless you agreed ahead of time that they can substitute what you ordered for something similar but that's another animal we can discuss next time.

At least if they did that then the decision would've been up to you whether you want the MR2 or not.