PDA

View Full Version : Check it out. Old School Sweetness...

vikingshadow
12-26-2008, 01:10 PM
My dad dug this out of his closet and gave it to me yesterday. (This isn't my picture-my set is still in the back of my car and it's cold out, so that pic will have to wait...)

http://www.steverd.com/whatpong/atari-ultra.jpg

We got this back when video games just started coming out. You older guys might remember this - back when preachers were preaching about how video games were going to be the end of the world.

Haha, despite that and my mom and dad believing that, my brother and I played it for hours! I'm actually going to set it up later today and play it.

Is the nostalga value still up on these things? (Not a BST - I'm not actually selling it. For now, anyways!)

Drefish99
12-26-2008, 01:49 PM
WOW! That thing IS old school! Awesome find Vike!

STRIKEFIRST
12-26-2008, 02:21 PM
classic baby!!!

DFSniper
12-26-2008, 03:33 PM
nice! i want to get my hands on my uncle's NES and silver Game Boy...

xsvly-fat
12-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Wow... That's not old at all :dodgy:

marvin-martian
12-26-2008, 07:13 PM
what the heck is that thing? a hair dryer?

:dodgy:

deano 177
12-26-2008, 07:14 PM
That doesn't compare to pong! Or even to atari 2600!:p

TheDarkShadow
12-26-2008, 08:51 PM

I had an NES until N64 came out, my dad through the NES away because it didnt work 1/2 the time

Modded-Like-Hell
12-26-2008, 08:52 PM
thats old

vikingshadow
12-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Yup - OLD old school. I almost wish I could find an old Atari 2600 or a Commodore machine out there now - that was pretty fun, too because you got to actually have the pixel people to move around. I did meet a girl about 10 years ago that had the old Commodore machine. We played those old games for a couple of hours until it got too hot to use anymore.

Pong was just moving a dot back and forth on the screen - BUT you had a choice of hockey, tennis or soccer with Ultra pong! What you did, see, was trap the dot back behind the net and get it going back and forth really, really fast - if you could do that, you were guaranteed to score.

The wife and I bought the NES when it came out, then bought a Super NES that was the demo model at Wal-Mart for 125.00 back when we first got married. I sold it when I was getting my second degree and we never had another game until I bought the girls Gameboys Advances a few years ago.

Now we have the Advances, the PC's and the Xbox, and NONE of them were as much fun as the Pong game was back then. I think it's because it's more work now.

what the heck is that thing? a hair dryer?

:dodgy:

Hahaha! It does look a little like the controls on the big hair dryers my mom has in her beauty shop.

My niece couldn't figure it out either. I told her it was the control system for the original vibrating recliner and she bought for awhile. Of course, all she had to do was actually look at the thing and she could have seen what it was! :rolleyes:

STRIKEFIRST
12-26-2008, 10:27 PM
I had...COLECO VISION

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ColecoVision

That's right we were barney...my grandma had one and it burned up...so we gave her ours...has it...still works...just clean the controllers with alcohol once in awhile.

GOD that was how many years ago....:eek: