PDA

View Full Version : Selling tanks / Hydro Tested

oldironmudder
12-24-2008, 01:54 AM
Im wanting to sell a few of my Co2 tanks since I dont need 12 of them when I can only use one at a time. I would only keep enough for my marker, wife's & a few rentals.

The only real problem with this is most of the tanks are out of hydro. And I dont want to sell one & something happen and have to live with the fact I sold a tank that possibly hurt someone.

My idea was send all them off the get hydro'd & sell off what I dont need/want. Then sell the tanks at the cost of hydro.

My question is, would you buy a tank that is used, just hydro'd & pics of the valve to show its condition at the price of the hydro?

DFSniper
12-24-2008, 06:01 AM
i wouldnt have anything against a freshly hydro'd tank, but not many people check b/s/t for co2 tanks. i dont see any of my tanks getting hydro'd though since it would be cheaper to just buy a new tank.

TheDarkShadow
12-25-2008, 01:12 AM
I'd buy an HPA tank, but not a CO2 tank. I'd probably just give them to some one you know, and tell them that they are out of hydro

DFSniper
12-25-2008, 03:30 AM
sell them to the pawn shop. the one i go to has like 10 out of hydro tanks for sale.

deano 177
12-28-2008, 10:23 PM
what is the rule about small tanks not needing hydrotesting?

oldironmudder
12-28-2008, 10:37 PM
2" dia & something with length never need it.