PDA

View Full Version : Too much to pay?

ProFalcon
12-21-2008, 03:03 PM
I am thinking about starting a cocker project but need the opinion of some highly specialized individuals. (thats you guys)

Is $200 too much to pay for a Freeflow Rhythm with J2 slider? (no pneus but a frontblock, no reg, no barrel) basically a body, feedneck, backblock, frontblock, all rods and internals with a J2 double slider.

oldironmudder
12-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Dont sound to bad. When did it come out? How many were made?

Got a pic?

ProFalcon
12-21-2008, 03:13 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/ProFalcon/freeflow.jpg

Here it is, but like i said, a lot of stuff isnt included.

I know they were stopped being made in 2004 (maybe 2005) freeflow went under so its getting hard to find em in good condition. Im gonna get it halfblocked, mini'd, and midget'd i think, and pimp it out with aka, palmers, and besales stuff.

DFSniper
12-21-2008, 03:24 PM
if you're going to do that much to a body, i wouldnt chop up one with nice milling, but thats just my opinion...

oldironmudder
12-21-2008, 03:27 PM
The most I would do to that body would be ano.

ProFalcon
12-21-2008, 03:34 PM
only milling you lose is the one swoosh at the back.
it also depends on how heavy it is. im trying to find that out.

vikingshadow
12-21-2008, 03:42 PM
if you're going to do that much to a body, i wouldnt chop up one with nice milling, but thats just my opinion...

The most I would do to that body would be ano.

I agree with these guys. That's a purty gun just as it is! That being said, 200 is a pretty good price, I'd think for that.

oldironmudder
12-21-2008, 03:49 PM
The resale might not be much right now for that company/body but there will be a time where everyone is wanting one. If you cut yours, the value gone. Why do you think older undrilled cocker bodies go for that much more than drilled ones.

Critical
12-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Right now the value of cockers is near the bottom apparently. Keeping that body intact, you would get back any money you spent on it when/if the market comes back. However, if you start cutting it up, it will have practically $0 value, as none of the purists would touch it, and anyone else would want to do their own thing to it. Buy it, put good equipment on it, keep it whole. If you want a marker based on weight, a cocker is not the answer, no matter how much you chop off.

bigred76
12-21-2008, 05:50 PM
:yeahthat: $125 for that stuff, tops, as it is described.

Muddytaco
12-21-2008, 06:39 PM
:yeahthat: $125 for that stuff, tops, as it is described.

Not even close, undrilled empty freeflow bodys easily get $125-150 by themselves. I sold my undrilled freeflow lotus empty for $125 and I didn't even have the front block, there were people lining up at that price.

Throw in another $50 for the frame.

Then probably $40 if its freeflow internals.

Also cocker resale has increased ever since the Tadao board came out.

Undrilled/uncut bodys will hold there value along with rare bodies but once you drill it for eyes or cut up the body you might as well throw in the trash.

vikingshadow
12-21-2008, 07:37 PM
^^^Yup - that's what I was basing my estimate on.

ProFalcon
12-21-2008, 08:16 PM
ok, so i'll keep it whole.

its all freeflow internals too with the delrin bolt.

trying to decide on additions.

right now im thinkin AKA SCMIII, PPS Quikswitch, and a besales .44 ram.
not sure for HPR... i dont like the look of the new sidewinders. they have a funny bubble at the bottom.

I think the price of freeflows will come back up too. once all the undrilled merlins are finally snatched up, the price for other rare bodies will go up.

and for the record, my "light gun" is my ULE mag pariah and all.

Ace24
12-22-2008, 09:04 PM
It all depends on if it's the Taiwan body or not. FreeFlow shipped a lot of their stuff over to Taiwan to be put together. The problem with the Taiwan bodies lies in the feedneck press-fitting. The Taiwan necks seem to pop out very easily.

This body, with the FF internals, undrilled and in that good condition goes for over $200. I've seen them go as low as $180 and as high as 290. I'd snatch that one up. Don't mill or half block it though, especially if it's the USA version.

One way to tell is the detent. If it has a normal Cocker detent, there is a higher risk of it being from Taiwan. If it has the weird paperclip looking one, then that reduces the risk, seeing as it's the older style and was most likely produced in USA.

The other way to tell is the anno. If the dust finish is REALLY dust, it's most likely Taiwan. If the anno has a little "gloss" to the dust and doesn't look "baked" then it's most likely USA.

If you find both together, then you know you've got yourself a genuine USA FF body.

Muddytaco
12-22-2008, 09:26 PM
right now im thinkin AKA SCMIII, PPS Quikswitch, and a besales .44 ram.
not sure for HPR... i dont like the look of the new sidewinders. they have a funny bubble at the bottom.

Skip SCM III (known to have some leaking issues) and get a Palmer micro rock, besales .44 is the best ram but don't use QEVs since it mech it will operate better without them, also get the besales hollowpoint 3 way it has the shortest throw.

If you want want to go all out add the AKA tornado valve, hammer kit and lighting bolt.

Also the old style sidewinders are easily picked up used off pbn and since there so easy to rebuild you really can go wrong with a used one.

My old lotus had:
Freeflow Lotus body
CCM front block
CCM front banjo bolt
CCM beaver tail
Belsales mag .44 ram
Belsales Hollowpoint 3-way
Palmer micro rock LPR
AKA SS straight pump arm
AKA tornado valve
AKA hammer kit
AKA lightening bolt
AKA pull pin
Eclipse MK3 frame w/ roller sear
Luke's aluminum grips
CP reg

Best shooting mech gun I have ever used, very smooth, very little kick for a cocker, shot at 150psi and got right at a case off 68/45.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/P6070052.jpg

Ace24
12-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Hehehe. I've got a dust black and silver recently rebuilt sidewinder for sale... :) It's the short version too.

If you're interested, hit me up with a PM.

Have you decided on a frame?

ProFalcon
12-23-2008, 09:47 PM
the $200 i payed includes the dust black J2 Frame. im gonna try it out and see if i like it. i've heard good things, and after all, its CCM.

One problem I have with parts (particularly buying used parts) is that im in Canada. so a $20 item can quickly turn into a $40 item. One way to solve this is to group things. so i try to buy multiple things from the same manufacturer at the same time. this means i have to figure out what i want before i start buying.

I agree with the besales ram and hollowpoint, but im not sure about the microrock, people on the nation seem to think highly of the SCMIII(http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2938038) but i dont want something that leaks either... One problem with getting a micro rock is that it would be the only item im getting from palmers, and like i said, its good to make larger orders. and if im getting all that other aka stuff (valve, bolt, hammer) it might be easier to get a HPR and LRP from there too.

and yeah, no QEVs.

Is there anywhere to get besales stuff other than the UK?

DFSniper
12-24-2008, 05:04 AM
airsoldier and compulsive has some besales stuff last time i checked.

Ace24
12-24-2008, 11:34 AM
If it comes with that frame, then it is WELL worth the money.

The CCM J2, and the POWERLYTE frames are the best mech frames I've ever seen/used. I think Eclipse has one identical to the POWERLYTE, but I can't remember.

*EM1-Master*
12-24-2008, 06:51 PM
I still halfway regret trading my Freeflow cocker for an Ion.... I was just frustrated one day at the field and I was like, "If anyone has a gun that WORKS, I'll trade you this freeflow cocker!"

So I got a green Ion that I kept for a couple weeks and then sold to get a Shocker.

That's my story.

Don't hack up that body.

ProFalcon
12-24-2008, 08:55 PM
yea, it came with the J2 frame :D

ASP doesnt sell belsales, but compulsive does. they also have all the aka stuff i need except the bolt. i was surprised, i thought they'd be more likely to have lightning bolts than tornado valves or hammer kits. weird.

guess i'll have to put in an order to each of em.

and no, i wont touch the body.

although, i would like to have a different color LPR than the SCMIII, so maybe a microrock would be a good choice. i would like to do all chrome accessories. i think that would look good with the black body and frame. the SCMIII is only available in black. i think its dust black.

maybe you'll sell me, Taco.