PDA

View Full Version : Here's another SHOCKER question!!!

Modded-Like-Hell
12-18-2008, 07:05 PM
yeah i think i may want to buy another board for my shocker... im kind of on a budget for now so i dont have money for a Virtue board:( :( ...so i was thinking of getting either blackheart, A.P.E ramping board, or even 7th element board. i know the blackheart are decent but how about the A.P.E and 7th element ones?

Sandman_Bravo
12-19-2008, 02:49 AM
I have the APE and I love it. I found one on e-bay for around $60. The best benefit of an aftermarket board is the advanced (better) eye logic and the instant on feature. With the stock board, a lot of times you would have to turn it on, turn off the eyes, take a few shots, and then turn the eyes back on again. This is because the stock board needs to see an empty breech and then a ball drop in past the eyes everytime you turn it on again. If you don't empty the hopper in between games, it gets to be a pain in the ***. The last big gain is that with the stock board if I was moving through the woods for a while without shooting for a long period of time and then needed to take a shot, sometimes it wouldn't fire- like the eyes shut it down. I was shot many times while pulling a trigger with no response. One other cool feature with the APE is that it has a battery level meter feature.
Most questions you have can be answered here:
http://www.zdspb.com/tech/index.html
Good luck.

Modded-Like-Hell
12-19-2008, 05:55 AM
stock one is crap... APE sounds good, i read the reviews for it too...how about the Seventh element board? i see alot of them on ebay

Muddytaco
12-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Get APE, APE shocker board is still one of my favorite board, actually probably is my favorite board I have ever used.

LED in the grips are so easy to remember and the board has everything you can possibly think of. Its alittle hard to program at first just b/c there is so much you can do but just read the instructions a few times before you start.

Found my old avy and video of mine:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn207/muddytaco3/ab7b8e25.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2PiHuUbFxM&feature=channel_page&fmt=18

TheDarkShadow
12-19-2008, 06:38 PM
that is one sick shocker!

vikingshadow
12-19-2008, 06:49 PM
I remember that wall! Pre-reball cage days, right? Awesome gun....

bigred76
12-19-2008, 07:03 PM
If you look in front of the regulator, you can see the carpet moving in that GIF. :)

Modded-Like-Hell
12-19-2008, 07:05 PM
oh i see the lights. lights diffenetly mean different modes. i seen pretty good reviews for it. i also seen u can get a pad for it? is the pad worth it, or will it get in the way when i play by accidently hitting the buttons with my hand?

DFSniper
12-19-2008, 07:07 PM
If you look in front of the regulator, you can see the carpet moving in that GIF. :)

and behind the frame.

Muddytaco
12-20-2008, 12:24 AM
I remember that wall! Pre-reball cage days, right? Awesome gun....

Ya that was about 2 months before I built the cage.

oh i see the lights. lights diffenetly mean different modes. i seen pretty good reviews for it. i also seen u can get a pad for it? is the pad worth it, or will it get in the way when i play by accidently hitting the buttons with my hand?

The pad isn't for the shocker version of the board. Shocker version does everything by the trigger and rear button.

Modded-Like-Hell
12-20-2008, 05:46 AM
oh...sweet...yeah can be that easy and diffenetly not tourney legal

LostCause
12-20-2008, 05:52 AM
why would that not be toruny legal? pretty sure you can do that with all boards now a days.

Sandman_Bravo
12-20-2008, 06:23 AM
Yep, it's all legal.

Modded-Like-Hell
12-20-2008, 07:17 AM
why would that not be toruny legal? pretty sure you can do that with all boards now a days.

so it would be legal to have a button pad on the back of the trigger frame during a tourney and be able to switch to different modes during a tourney game? i think that would void tourney rules

LostCause
12-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Timmys have themembrane on the back and they are used in tournys. and i thought you ment just the trigger and rear button

Modded-Like-Hell
12-20-2008, 01:17 PM
naw man...i meant the mebrane...i never had a timmy so i wouldnt know...i say it because of the membrane only the fact that my friend a few years back got s**t from the REF for having back plate for the mode switch off on his rebel 32extreme...

Muddytaco
12-20-2008, 02:23 PM
There is tourny locks on all the boards that are adjustable from the back, when its on you have to physically open the grips and press a button to turn it back off.

Modded-Like-Hell
12-20-2008, 06:30 PM
ok thanks for clearing it up :)