PDA

View Full Version : Getting a PMR, any suggestions?

especiialypsycho
12-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Well I'm getting an all stock PMR, and so far i plan to get:

Metal Back Cap
New feedneck
On/off
Possibly Trigger and trigger gaurd.

ANything else i should get?

Muddytaco
12-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Throw it in the trash:dodgy:

Get what you have on your list but skip trigger and trigger guard and just UL it to begin with, you'll end up doing it anyway stock frame feels like crap.

bigred76
12-13-2008, 01:16 AM
And you'll want an Alias. ;)

RSX99
12-13-2008, 08:14 AM
How much are you paying? Sounds like you're not getting an 09. If you decide to check out the 09 rail, the pm8 is really cheap now for 575.

especiialypsycho
12-13-2008, 08:57 AM
im paying $220 for the PMR halo and tank

Ace24
12-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Throw it in the trash:dodgy:

Get what you have on your list but skip trigger and trigger guard and just UL it to begin with, you'll end up doing it anyway stock frame feels like crap.

I'd have to agree with Dave. The UL is the best option for a frame on the PMR. It's my favorite part of mine.

I would suggest getting the items in the order you have listed too.

Modded-Like-Hell
12-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Well I'm getting an all stock PMR, and so far i plan to get:

Metal Back Cap
New feedneck
On/off
Possibly Trigger and trigger gaurd.

ANything else i should get?

um i have a PMR... UL is the way to go... i dont like the frame much, it feels like cheap plastic UL comes with a new board in it. on top of that they dont sell grips for the PMR unless u get them custom made. but with the UL frame they sell aftermarket ones.

on/off and feedneck are good buys.

idk about the back cap. i still have the stock...usually people tighten the back cap like savages and end up stripping the threads but if you tighen as much as needed it will be fine. just remember how tight it is when you decide to remove the bolt so u tighten it back the same enough ft.lbs...if u wanna get one thats your chose...im just trying to save u some money for something else you want.

one other thing get a 14 or 16 inch barrel if u decide to play on big fields. i noticed a drop of balls at far distance the first day...

ProFalcon
12-14-2008, 12:52 PM
length of barrel does not increase the distance of your shots.

spyderfan4271
12-14-2008, 01:51 PM
UL frame

xsvly-fat
12-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Get a UL frame if you can afford it, if not I highly recommend an aftermarket trigger. The only other upgrade I can think of off the top of my head is a new barrel, the stock one wasn't that good.

Modded-Like-Hell
12-14-2008, 08:14 PM
length of barrel does not increase the distance of your shots.

it doesnt? last time i checked a 14 inch barrel over a stock 10 inch makes the ball shot straighter with the right bore sizing and will increase fps. so... ball shooting faster and straighter = farther distance?

Please tell me if im wrong?

xsvly-fat
12-15-2008, 02:48 PM
it doesnt? last time i checked a 14 inch barrel over a stock 10 inch makes the ball shot straighter with the right bore sizing and will increase fps. so... ball shooting faster and straighter = farther distance?

Key word is stock :p the stock barrel wasn't the greatest and the right bore size will help alot but it doesn't make it shoot faster just straighter.

Modded-Like-Hell
12-15-2008, 02:54 PM
ok...but it does increase the distance if ur shooting at a higher fps cause the ball is traveling a bit longer cuz profalcon said no

TheDarkShadow
12-15-2008, 04:33 PM
ok...but it does increase the distance if ur shooting at a higher fps cause the ball is traveling a bit longer cuz profalcon said no

well now your getting into bore sizes, not length of the barrel

vikingshadow
12-15-2008, 05:00 PM
Actually, you shouldn't be shooting any faster than normal just because your barrel is longer. There shouldn't be any resistance on the ball to force you to raise velocities that way. At least, I've never had to raise my fps because of barrel length. There is no real noticeable difference in distance, efficiency and usually fps in barrels from 10 to 16 inches.

Because of this, you won't get any extra distance per shot. Now, if you have a larger bore barrel - so much that the ball is extremely loose, you will have to raise fps just to get the speed you need. But then we're talking efficiency issues and not distances.

Modded-Like-Hell
12-15-2008, 05:17 PM
ok

ttam13xlpb
12-15-2008, 08:00 PM
slap a barrel,ul frame,on/off,feedneck,and backcap on it and its all the gun you'll probably ever need

DRAGON
12-15-2008, 08:05 PM

Since you insist....you're wrong. Only thing that could make a difference are variables such as paint to bore size and bore machining surface. Otherwise, Pixy dust is the only thing that'll make a ball shoot farther, increase accuracy and hit harder - :smirk:

bigred76
12-15-2008, 08:27 PM
280fps is 280fps. Out of a smooth bore barrel, a ball will go the same distance so long as they both have good honing. A Tippmann Flatline is not included in this category, as they purposefully have bad honing to promote backspin.

RSX99
12-16-2008, 05:11 AM
Since you insist....you're wrong. Only thing that could make a difference are variables such as paint to bore size and bore machining surface. Otherwise, Pixy dust is the only thing that'll make a ball shoot farther, increase accuracy and hit harder - :smirk:

Where can I pick up said pixy dust?

especiialypsycho
12-16-2008, 01:49 PM
well i got it in today w/ a v35 halo and a 68/45 CF tank dated 01/07, Tim you're going to need to come down here and rip it down and reassembleit for me so i can learn how, it looks like the only upgrade would be the sythce trigger, ill be picking up Tim's unimount and ill probably just keep it like that till i start getting problems. and Contrary to popular belief the frame isnt all that bad.

Modded-Like-Hell
12-16-2008, 02:09 PM

i said ok... pixy dust? that like the second time i seen u say that... i diffenetly want some of that pixy dust u use! how much for a 1/4 pound?:) :)

vikingshadow
12-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Dragun's pixie dust is pretty rare - he was selling it way back in the day (ok, well, a few years ago anyways!) Be careful, he likes to shake his back hair out and sell what comes of as "pixie dust". It works, just not the way you'd expect!

Modded-Like-Hell
12-16-2008, 03:24 PM
lol thats funny, yeah he must use that stuff on everything... maybe he puts on his food to make it salty? hahahahaha

especiialypsycho
12-17-2008, 03:07 PM
way to get off topic guys :) ill get pics up later today

DRAGON
12-17-2008, 05:43 PM
.........and Contrary to popular belief the frame isnt all that bad.

I have to concur. I've had no occasion to throw more cash on a frame that makes the marker heavier. Didn't think I'd like the plastic frame but it's nowhere near the cheap feeling junk I have felt on other markers. All I've added to my PMR is a J&J ceramic, NDZ: trigger, feedneck, back cap & detents. I really don't get the hype on teh UL cept maybe the board. For a person who only uses semi it's no conciliation either -

i said ok... pixy dust? that like the second time i seen u say that... i diffenetly want some of that pixy dust u use! how much for a 1/4 pound?:) :)

You couldn't afford a quart elbow - :cool:

Dragun's pixie dust is pretty rare - he was selling it way back in the day (ok, well, a few years ago anyways!) Be careful, he likes to shake his back hair out and sell what comes of as "pixie dust". It works, just not the way you'd expect!

DANG! I just can't get away with anything when you're around - :dodgy:

way to get off topic guys :) ill get pics up later today

HEY! It's a senior member's right BUB! - :nunu:

DFSniper
12-17-2008, 06:07 PM
ah, the days of the pixie dust, gunny's meds, and vike's bad-luck gremlins...

Modded-Like-Hell
12-17-2008, 07:43 PM
You couldn't afford a quart elbow - :cool:

lmao...if you only knew

vikingshadow
12-17-2008, 08:02 PM
[shudders] ooooooooooooooo! I forgot all about the gremlins.

Shhhhhhh! They might hear you and come back! :darth:

bigred76
12-17-2008, 10:48 PM
It's later today... where them pics at? Come on, slow poke. :D

Modded-Like-Hell
12-18-2008, 03:02 PM
yeah whats good with those pics?

especiialypsycho
12-18-2008, 03:56 PM
http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i52/aiballah94/?action=view&current=HPIM0798.jpg

link to images will post a thread too