PDA

View Full Version : Imagine Problems - Need Advice

Deez
12-12-2008, 04:32 AM
Hey Gang,

I'm pulling on my marker and I'm getting a single click and flashing red LED. At first I thought it was the battery, charged and no dice.

Next, opened it up and saw a terminal had broken off of the capacitor. I fixed that up, and would now pull maybe two times in a row and then the red LED would flash.

Got a 'new-ish' battery (used one time allegedly) - same deal.

Bought a CAMD board - worked better, but again after 2/3 pulls, it would go back to a flashing red LED.

So, in my mind, this leaves only the solenoid left.

I actually busted out a digital multimeter - checked both batteries and each one was holding charge around 10/11V, so I think they're okay.

I checked the charge at the capacitor which holds at 9V, but after a pull it dips to 5V.

I also noticed it's pulling 300 mA from the power each time (using an actual power supply) - does that seem high?

I think I've replaced every part I can except the solenoid, I just am looking for a second opinion that that makes sense before I lay down the bucks for it.

Right now, I've put enough upgrades into this marker and I'm only a hobbist so I don't really play enough to warrant upgrading markers.

Any ideas? Thanks

Griff
12-12-2008, 05:48 PM
http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_spyd_electronics.html
Could it be the Capacitor?

Deez
12-13-2008, 05:56 AM
New board had a new capacitor on it...same woes as before.

Thanks for the link - I had been eye-ing them up already for a solenoid. I think in the spring (when it warms up a bit more for me to field test), I'm just going to grab a new solenoid and see if it fixes it...if not, I think it'll be time for me to part out the marker.