PDA

View Full Version : Noob question: 12oz or 16oz CO2?

umich2950
03-07-2006, 04:23 AM
I'm just starting to get into paintball and am about to purchase my first semi-auto marker, a Sonix. I've done a ton of research and it seems as though this is a pretty good gun for the money. I don't however know much about what accessories to buy.

What size CO2 tank do you suggest I get? I'm about 5'10" 150 and want something I can easily move around with, but will still hold plenty of CO2. I'm leaning towards the 16oz, but I wanted to ask here first.

Thanks, and by the way, I'm purchasing from ActionVillage.com. If anyone has any thoughts on that web site I'd appreciate it. Thanks again!

Angel69
03-07-2006, 04:45 AM
action village = great website!!!

first make sure taht theres a local place that will fill ur tanks ;) and then my opinion about the tank size is to get the biggest you can....trust me when ur out there having fun u wont worry about the size fo the tank or if its greatly to big...ull be having so much fun youll be upset when ur co2 is out (i still am and ive played for 4 years and have 6 20 oz tanks!) lol:)

but if it IS betyween the 12 and 16 id get the 16
(but u should try and get a 20)

umich2950
03-07-2006, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the reply! I'll look into getting a 20. I can't wait until my marker arrives, especially after hearing you have so much fun. Any suggestions on paintballs?

Ares
03-07-2006, 09:42 AM
go for a 20 oz. its the most common size of co2, and its not that big. i think its actually kind of short and im 5'8" 136 lbs

nbishop66
03-07-2006, 11:17 AM
This is not a b/s/t thread. If you want to sell things, use your PM's

TheRedBarron
03-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Any suggestions on paintballs?
As long as it isnt from wally world your good.

NB_Hacker_NB
03-07-2006, 12:28 PM
My wally world sells chronic and evil paintballs, those are very good balls.

umich2950
03-07-2006, 12:31 PM
As long as it isnt from wally world your good.

Haha, thanks. I've actually been told that a lot, so I guess as long as I order from ActionVillage I'll be ok. Also, I was about to place my order when I read that gloves, elbow/knee pads, a neck protector, and a baseball cap to wear under your mask are essential. I'm trying to keep the cost down, but if these are things that I need I'll get them. What do you guys (and gals) think? Thanks again!

NB_Hacker_NB
03-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Dont get pads, only a neck protector. Paintballs dont hurt whenever youve been shot by them enough. Get an athletic cup, jersey neck protector and your good to go.

claustrophobia9
03-07-2006, 01:01 PM
My wally world sells chronic and evil paintballs, those are very good balls.
not mine, i have blue streak (what it leaves in your barrel) and vl balls.

best paintball brand: procaps (draxxus/xball)
best buy (most for the money): formula 13 aka white box
best paint: inferno or blaze, they were both so good i couldnt tell the difference. gap is also pretty good.

nelsons arent bad, but i think they smell nasty, and i hate being covered in stinky stuff or being around or on a field with people and stinky stuff.

alot of people i know with really high end guns think that the empire fuel is good because its cheaper than blaze, but whenever i use it i chop more than a butcher.

nbishop66
03-07-2006, 01:31 PM
This is not a b/s/t thread. If you want to sell things, use your PM's

Who hacked my replay? I was just trying to be a good guy and give him a good deal on something he needs.

Thanks alot!

DFSniper
03-07-2006, 01:42 PM
get a 20 oz, flex 7 mask (only $30-$40 new now) and as for the hopper, depending what you play, get a reloader or evolution II w/ z board. ive never needed a neck protector, IMO it just makes you sweat more.

edit: it got "hacked" when one of the mods deleted your post and left you a warning.

nbishop66
03-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Funny, but I didn't see anything in the forum rules about asking someone if they wanted to buy something you had for sale. I guess you have to read between the lines, or get your post "edited".

umich2950
03-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Funny, but I didn't see anything in the forum rules about asking someone if they wanted to buy something you had for sale. I guess you have to read between the lines, or get your post "edited".

Sorry about that. I did see your post though before it was deleted. I appreciate the offer, but I've got a friend who has a couple of extra 20oz tanks. I haven't tried them out yet, but was under the impression 20 was too big. Guess I was wrong, thanks again for all the help!