PDA

View Full Version : Very Disappointed in the Spyder ACS Pilot

slapsilly1
12-08-2008, 08:59 AM
Well about 1 year ago i got my Spyder pilot ACS and one night i guess i forgot to turn it off. The i relze it the next day and what do ya know. I go oh darn it must of forgot.

So i go to plug it in the charge and what ya know i get no response.

So i go on the fourms and try to figure out whats wrong......

People say the switch might be broken.....
Check the switch.. its fine.

might need a new battery...
I get a new battery nothing works.....

So i go on again... and they tell meh oh your circuit board might be shorted out.....

Im like WTF the thing just ran out of warranty too and i still even got the receipt......

So here i am.... closest spyder store is 150 miles from here.. and why buy a new board when i can just buy a new gun.....

Is there anything that Spyder can do to help me....
After all this was my first paintball gun...

vikingshadow
12-08-2008, 09:20 AM
I know you're looking for a quick answer, but I just don't have one. Sorry!

However, you might try checking to see if maybe the connection between your charging port and your board is still intact - it may have broken.

slapsilly1
12-08-2008, 09:39 AM
yep cheacked all of that none of the wiring is exposed or boken from what i can tell... 2 wires look like there broken excpet it looks like its just the wiring insulation that looks like it buckled.................

slapsilly1
12-08-2008, 09:41 AM
only thing was i think it was liek that when i bought it n it still worked fine...

ferret15
12-08-2008, 10:20 AM
buy an used board?

10 bucks maybe?

Critical
12-08-2008, 10:33 AM
okay, so just to make sure we have all the information needed, what type of battery did you have prior to the problem, and what type of battery did you replace it with? additionally, when it was left on overnight, was it left near a water source like a mudroom, or left in your gearbag with wet or sweaty clothes?

Modded-Like-Hell
12-08-2008, 11:39 AM
make sure its a 9.6 battery u repalce it with, recheck all the wires, make sure all the terminals are where they should be, take the handle off and check if maybe for sum reason the wires came off the weld on the trigger, maybe the switch one came off?

TheDarkShadow
12-08-2008, 04:26 PM
see if you can turn it on using a 9v, 9v dont work wellbut you should be able to kind out if it is your board taht is the problem

Punisher
12-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Have you talk to any one from the spyder tech dept.?