PDA

View Full Version : This has been bothering me and others for a long time!

Pat
12-06-2008, 05:28 PM
I donít get it? Why hasnít spyder made an expansion chamber for the MR-1 that looks like a gun mag? Shouldnít they know by now how many people are willing to toss money at them for such a product? Iím just flabbergasted that such a product hasnít been made by any company for the MR-1. And yes I know a regulator works better for performance on any paintball gun then an expansion chamber would but that doesnít stop people from wanting a military style x-chamber. Last time I sent spyder an email about this they never answered me...... Iím sorry if Iím just ranting but I just donít understand this... isnít the only problem the thread? Whatís to stop them from just using a product they have (mr-2 and 3) and use a different thread? Please if anyone has any input on this answer and letís see what happens.

DFSniper
12-06-2008, 06:10 PM
it would cost more to produce, thus raising prices. the current grip/mag is just a modified AMG expansion chamber shell, so there was less time needed in the design process. but i agree, trinity could make money by making an MR1 version of their mr2 expansion chamber.

the problem with the thread is that it would be impossible to screw into the body AND the mounting holes. the amg didnt have a threaded connector, it just had an o-ring to seal the expansion chamber and the 2 screws held it in place.

trust me, i've thought this over a lot :)

Pat
12-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Yeah I have been thinking about it a lot lately. You would think with the amount of people that want something like this somebody would have made it by now. My friend works in a machine shop and worse case Iím going to see if he could make the part. But who knows... ugh :(

Modded-Like-Hell
12-06-2008, 06:19 PM
ive also thought about a expansion chamber for the mr1. or make sumthing that looks like a half clip like on the real m14. maybe be they made sumthing like that for the mr1. i havent check lately let me know.

Pat
12-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Will do. Havenít found anything yet but Iím talking to spyder any many others about the possibility of having one made.

DFSniper
12-06-2008, 06:31 PM
ted (ace24) modded the trinity one to fit, but i cant remember how he did it.

Pat
12-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Ah nice. I shall inquire about it later on then.

Modded-Like-Hell
12-06-2008, 06:59 PM
yeah let me know how Ace did it

Pat
12-08-2008, 01:56 PM
i got an answer but it twasnt what i was looking for =/