PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Disassembly

Paintball_Newb
03-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Hey Guys...

I am new in the paintball business, and I just bought a Spyder Pilot ACS. I really like it, it looks awesome and performed pretty well so far. Unfortunately I used pretty cheap paint, and I chopped a couple. Now there's a lot of paint in between the bolt and I guess you could say the wall, or the tube the bolt runs in...

Anyways, my question is, how in the heck do I remove the top cocking knob so that the bolt can slide out the back?? I can take out everything else, the rear cover and the striker spring just slide out, but I can't get the knob out of the bolt...

I hope that you guys can help me, cause I really need to disassemble that beast now, and I wanna know how to field strip it too, if I chop some in a game. I read some threads in here, and I really feel like this forum is a great community that helped lots of ppl with their problems!!

Hope that some of you have a helpful input...

The Newb

bungeye
03-06-2006, 10:53 PM
yeah you just pull to knob as hard as you can straight out. its hard the 1st time. it happend to mie but now its easy as. if that doesn't work add sme oil onto it, only a bit though.

bungeye
03-06-2006, 10:55 PM
aslo welcome 2 the forums. blah blah blah... anky any thing you want and ppl here wld be happy 2 answr them.

lataz
Ryan

Paintball_Newb
03-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Okay w8, I just pull the pin out?? Like, with all my force I just pull on it until it pops out?? It feels like its screwed in there or something...But oh well, i ll give it a shot. Hope I dont break anything...

bungeye
03-06-2006, 11:53 PM
yeah pull it straight out. it shouldnt break, try using some vice grips on it if you still cant get it out.

cov boy
03-07-2006, 01:23 AM
Yeah is should just pull straight out, on my electra 05 theres is a little screw at the back of the bolt that i just undo a little and pull out and then do it back up when im done, i dont know if your marker has this but take alook.

hope his helps.

ooglieboogliebob
03-07-2006, 03:37 AM
nope it's not screwed in ... you should just be able to yank it out ... and then just pull the rest of it out .. which would probably just be the bolt, striker, and the buffer

Dr.No
03-07-2006, 09:03 AM
mine was stuck too. I pulled on it for three days till may fingers were shredded. Finally i tried laying a piece of cloth on the marker body to prevent scratches and using a screwdriver to pop it out. after i poped it out 2-3 times it comes out pretty easy. too easy in fact, the first time i took it on the field it came out in the first 10 shots. luckily i found it, now im tryin to figure out how to tighten it up again heh. i think i had just put too much oil in it.

Paintball_Newb
03-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Hey thanks for your input guys!! I actually took a pair of pliers to that beast and yanked it out of there, it popped out and now it works perfectly fine...easy to disassemble and yeah, I really like it. I just hope that it wont come out on the field and I'll lose it, that'd suck!! but yeah, I got it now, thanks again, this seems to be a great community...:)

cov boy
03-07-2006, 03:12 PM
I like when palyers have names for there markers.

THE BEAST