PDA

View Full Version : NPPL Files for Bankruptcy!?!?!?!?

fatkidfrompbaz
12-01-2008, 03:33 PM
i saw this on pbaz
It is regret that I inform Arizona of this news. Time for us and United to start practicing xball

"After ten years of working for the NPPL, it is with a heavy heart that I contact you today regarding the future of the league and all of Pacific Paintball.

Pacific Paintball and its subsidiaries will be filing proceedings under the United States Bankruptcy Code to effect a liquidation of their respective assets and business operations. The affairs and assets of Pacific Paintball LLC, NPPL LLC, XPSL LLC, PB2X LLC, Xtreme Paintball Fields LLC and Camp Pendleton Paintball LLC will be administered by a court appointed trustee in bankruptcy. The bankruptcy court will provide you with written instructions regarding how and where to file any claims in this matter.

Despite doing all we could do, we were unable to make the business a viable concern. Further, in this severe economic climate, we were unable to secure new funding. It is a truly regrettable outcome, though one which is unfortunately occurring more and more frequently in this environment. We thank all those who have supported us.

On a personal note, it has been the time of my life working with each of you over the past decade. I will continue to support this wonderful sport in many ways and hope that our paths will soon cross again. I can be reached at (xxx) xxx xxxx or by email at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx should you have any questions or concerns regarding this announcement"

In saying this it has been my pleasure working with the NPPL over the years. I wish Bruce, Scott, Camille, and everyone else on there staff the best of luck in there future endeavors. All though this does seem like bad news to some. For the industry and players this will help us all. We will now have one league to focus on and to practice for.

Field owners...... start getting your xball fields ready

DFSniper
12-01-2008, 04:05 PM
let me be the first to call shens.

Ace24
12-01-2008, 04:06 PM
... don't think so. Shens tooo.

LostCause
12-01-2008, 04:27 PM
nah......though could see a lot fewer teams this year...

xsvly-fat
12-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Hard to say, but we'll have to see, as of now I agree with DFSniper and Ace.

DFSniper
12-01-2008, 08:06 PM
well, i heard from a mod on another site, so i dunno. still seems sketchy though.

xsvly-fat
12-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Yeah there was something about it on PbNation, it may be true, hard to say.

Ace24
12-01-2008, 08:45 PM
I feel proud to say that I played in the NPPL Buffalo then. Since it was one of the last events.

bigred76
12-02-2008, 01:32 AM
No official press release, so stop gossiping. I thought we were paintballers, not little schoolgirls talking while we're getting our hair braided.

RSX99
12-02-2008, 05:35 AM
not little schoolgirls talking while we're getting our hair braided.

We're not? Damn, that's why I signed up...

Kingman-Rep
12-02-2008, 09:00 AM
All my contacts are saying this is true.

codymm1014
12-02-2008, 01:41 PM
This really sucks.
I've always liked the NPPL more than PSP.

And I was just about to try and start playing in the pump division in the NPPL. :(

druid
12-02-2008, 02:26 PM
....oh boo hoo.

Zero sympethy from me. Now people have to go back to the woods for a while and learn some long-ball tactics...or quit and get a real job...

TheDarkShadow
12-02-2008, 02:30 PM
and activision just released an 09 NPPL videogame

DFSniper
12-02-2008, 02:39 PM
....oh boo hoo.

Zero sympethy from me. Now people have to go back to the woods for a while and learn some long-ball tactics...or quit and get a real job...

no, it means that PSP pretty much OWNS professional paintball now :(

LostCause
12-02-2008, 03:50 PM
and activision just released an 09 NPPL videogame

thats what i was thinking...prolly wasted all there money

and back to the woods...hey its cheaper there :P

Pump time!...now just need a pump....

DFSniper
12-02-2008, 03:56 PM
wasted all their money on BLAST licensing :p

bigred76
12-02-2008, 05:02 PM
All my contacts are saying this is true.

Mine just confirmed it as well. He got an email from Camille Baker right before I got there today confirming it.

DFSniper
12-02-2008, 05:11 PM
well that sucks.

Hoppy11
12-02-2008, 10:00 PM
This does suck, but is it really that shocking? I mean GM, Ford, and Chrysler are right on the for filing too.....

RSX99
12-03-2008, 04:01 AM
....oh boo hoo.

Speedball > Woodsball imo. Woods is fun but usually takes too long for my liking. I play woods once a week but I'd rather being playing speedball if I could.

HelpDeskHustler
12-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Pump time!...now just need a pump....

too bad the NPPL had the pump division... I hope this brings the rise of pump xball :p

Ace24
12-03-2008, 02:32 PM
too bad the NPPL had the pump division... I hope this brings the rise of pump xball :p

Jesus.... Pump x-ball would be... insane.

LostCause
12-03-2008, 03:55 PM
id rock it :P and i ment about the woods too (and i want a pump anyway :P, just to play with)

and actually Ford is going up...but doesnt need hte money NOW, just want acces to it later ;)

Master Tech
12-03-2008, 04:26 PM
What needs to happen is somebody stepping in and acquiring the rights to the NPPL and bringing the events back to established paintball fields which will be much cheaper to hold rather than having it at a location like HB or some stadium.

Since the field is established all you have to do is make sure the host field has the infrastructure and up to league standards. Field size and proper nettings with adequate vendor area and parking. Then the league brings in the bunkers, turf and of course officials for the event.

Overhead will be reduce by a huge amount because you don't have to pay the city like HB six figures just to hold an event and a crew to set up all the fields from scratch.

The NPPL was highly profitable when it was ran this way back in the 10 man days and at the same time you generate a lot of added interest in the local market for the host fields.

I'd schedule some of the events on a long holiday weekend too. I remember when I used to make it into a short vacation. NPPL events were 5 days long back then and had 5 man on Wednesday/Thursday, 10 man was Friday through Sunday.

There are so many posibilities and options to make it work with a much smaller overhead but still have a very successful league.

DFSniper
12-03-2008, 04:33 PM
hmm, i could see K2 buying it out...

druid
12-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Speedball > Woodsball imo. Woods is fun but usually takes too long for my liking. I play woods once a week but I'd rather being playing speedball if I could.

And you are well within your rights to have that opinion.

I, on the other hand, reserve the right to say that I prefer the woods. And you also have the hybrid woods fields.....no one says you have to have hour-long games. Make the field smaller or cut down some brush....

Ace24
12-04-2008, 09:18 AM
And you are well within your rights to have that opinion.

I, on the other hand, reserve the right to say that I prefer the woods. And you also have the hybrid woods fields.....no one says you have to have hour-long games. Make the field smaller or cut down some brush....

I hate bush... and brush... and... all those icky things that distract from your paintball hitting that ****er in the head. I like woodsball, just not heavily bushed woods.

:nododgy:

HelpDeskHustler
12-04-2008, 09:44 AM
I think with pump, the PSP could actually afford to SPEED UP xball. Think of the things refs don't have to worry about and what players and teams don't have to worry about.

Refs don't have to worry about:
ROF issues
Ramping
and all of the masses of paint in the air while doing their job.

Players don't have to worry about:
paying for a ton of paint
loading pods (not even close to as much, at the least)
filling air (again, not as much)

They could literally take up a "rolling respawn" type to xball (rather than doing rounds, have like 2 dead people be allowed to re-break out every few minutes).

LostCause
12-04-2008, 03:17 PM
hey, i would gladly try my hand at Pump play then if they did that...good idea too HDH

DFSniper
12-04-2008, 03:58 PM
They could literally take up a "rolling respawn" type to xball (rather than doing rounds, have like 2 dead people be allowed to re-break out every few minutes).

dodgeball rules in pump games! it'll put a whole different meaning on one-for-one.

HelpDeskHustler
12-05-2008, 06:29 AM
if you just eliminated the entire team and it's 1:58 on the respawn clock and you're at their 20 with the flag you can bet on a big move.

HelpDeskHustler
12-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Sent PSP an email, I hope the listen.

STRIKEFIRST
12-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Pro paintball needs to be built from the ground up. A strong base...bad economic times or not. Here is a chance for people with vision and a true love of the sport to redeveop from the ground up...starting locally. We've talked about it before...maybe it should be revisited.

LostCause
12-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Amen

fatkidfrompbaz
12-08-2008, 06:16 PM
update, from PSP
I wanted to pass on this brief release in response to the growing speculations stemming from the Pacific Paintball bankruptcy announcement last week.

Over the past two months, PSP had been in discussions with Pacific Paintball in an attempt to work together to ease expenses for players, teams, and the industry moving into the 2009 Season. The closing of Pacific Paintball last week came as a surprise for us as well. It is a regrettable situation that a group of uniquely talented people were not able to sustain a viable business in our industry. However, PSP will continue to move forward in our efforts to maintain a competitive national tournament scene for the players, teams, and industry, regardless of the current economic trends.

PSP is working to make adjustments within the league to assist with the financial state of teams and the industry in light of the USís current economic situation and the state of industry sponsorship. We are taking into consideration the general trends we've noted in tournament participation throughout the US. And last, but not least, we have to take into consideration what we need as a company to stay in business.

We are also working on ways to ease the transition for any teams and companies wishing to join the PSP moving forward. We have no intention of raising entry fees or prices. Several changes are being discussed at this time which we hope will prove beneficial to all involved parties. More information will be available through our website at www.pspevents.com in the coming days and weeks as changes are finalized.

Sincerely,

Lane Wright

Chief Operations Officer
Paintball Sports Promotions

druid
12-08-2008, 09:36 PM
A good read....

http://john-amodea.blogspot.com/2008/12/what-have-we-done-to-our-game-part-one.html

DFSniper
12-09-2008, 05:36 AM
i finally got around to reading that article, and i got to thinking. we need a professional/semi-pro woodsball circuit and get BC to join and bring em back to their roots!

RSX99
12-09-2008, 06:12 AM
Good read. I didn't realize it was this bad. I play both woods and speedball but I prefer speed. I usually play each once a week, both with different people since I'm one of the few that enjoys both avenues.

On another note, I don't have a local woodsball field to play at. We end up playing wherever we can find a decent setting that isn't completely overgrown. I love freedom of movement when it comes to woodsball, not wielding a machete just so I can clear the brush.

Only one local speedball field here as well. Have to travel to Rochester to find anything worthwhile anymore.

phatphil
12-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Recession kills everything. :(

QAZ123
01-12-2009, 04:09 PM
There will be some news posted soon on something that's going down at the National level. I'm not going to say anything yet but it should be finalized by next weekend.

JB.

DFSniper
01-12-2009, 06:26 PM
lol, is it about the new league?

QAZ123
01-13-2009, 04:12 AM
Yeah but there is more to it.

Press release wednesday.

JB.

fatkidfrompbaz
01-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Tony Savage writes..

As you may have already heard, we are one of the pro teams who have joined together to form a league we believe in; your paintball league. We have been working for weeks on ways to create a league that runs lean with a small but effective staff, cut wasteful spending, streamline the
registration check-in process, ease the burden of time and financial
commitments from lower divisional teams, assign committees to focus on ways to improve scheduling, make it easier for the industry to support us,
address concerns and ideas from teams of all divisions and focus on the
competition and excitement that is 7-man. This is our way of giving back.

The league will be a national series consisting of six events with four
divisions of 7-man play and one 5-man division. A steering committee will be formed of representatives from all divisions to make sure this league will always be your paintball league. More information on the league, including the league name, venues, pricing and much more, will be released at the end of the week.

On behalf of our entire team, we encourage you to support this league in
any way you can. Again, this is a league we can all believe in.

i dont know if this is what he talking about?:confused: :shrug:

DFSniper
01-13-2009, 05:13 PM
you'll see...

xsvly-fat
01-13-2009, 07:45 PM
How do you guys know about this stuff?

DFSniper
01-13-2009, 07:47 PM
because we do. we see all and know all (ok, not as much as the mods though...)

fatkidfrompbaz
01-13-2009, 08:23 PM
we also know what you did last summer.

QAZ123
01-14-2009, 02:05 PM
I know cause my teammate is coach for Aftershock.. and is now coach for a team that has a pro spot in this new league.

JB.

fatkidfrompbaz
01-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Could it be...

This is what i have pulled out for you guys.

News just in! or I should say I have just hacked into Rich Telford’s E-mail (Well it was on the table) and a draft press release was on it! Looks like one will be coming soon from the new 7 man league! I thought to myself, what the hell, you guys support www.sacpaintball.com so I should try and get you guys some hot news before any other site does…The name on the email was USPL
How it looked to me was Western Conference and an Eastern Conference with 6 events across the United States. Having 7-man play from Div 3 to the Professional and 5 man after that. It looked like two HB events one at the start and one at the end with four events in-between two on the west coast and two on the east coast. It looked like you play your conference and the HB to get a full season in for points but if your team has money you could play all. Some thing else on the email was talk of the first HB being 3 days not 4 and the date was April 3rd to 5th not 2nd to 5th like some people have been saying. 5 of the Teams owners formed a board of directors but I didn’t see the names of them on the email. But I did see Chuck Hendsch, Camille Lemanski and Tom Cole named a few times. So who are the pro teams? I did get that first…

Tampa Bay Damage,
Sacramento XSV,
San Diego Dynasty,
San Antonio X-Factor,
Los Angeles Infamous,
Edmonton Impact,
D.C. Arsenal,
San Jose or Bay Area Explicit,
St. Louis Avalanche,
Scottsdale Elevation,
Chicago Farside,
O.C, Bushwackers,
Phoenix United
Oakland Blast,
Indianapolis (TBA)
Miami Rage,

It looked like this and more will be out from the league in days! Or even sooner now I have posted this. I did see more on the email but that’s all I can remember.

I have one more bit of info I think might be true. But I will post that later tonight or tomorow, on this thread when I find out 100%... Keep looking back.
source http://www.sacpaintball.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38085

QAZ123
01-16-2009, 04:18 AM
Indianapolis will probably be NTK. Most were kicking tail in D1. Dropped there name and played as Naughty by Nature. Most went pro under the Avalanche/Aftershock names. Now there back together from what I understand.

JB.