PDA

View Full Version : walls...there hard.

DyNasty9
03-06-2006, 06:17 PM
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8383/img52265sr.jpg

ya so i decided to punch a wall on saturday.so my hand was like all swollen and stuff and i went to get xrays today and they said i have whats refered to as a boxers break. i have to go to the orthopidic tomarrow, to get a cast or something idk. but it suck big time cuz im suposed to be trying out for JV baseball on monday and that probly not happining.:thumbdown: so im kinda pissed. anyone know how long something like this takes to heal??
anyone else have any stories about stupid things they've done. involving hitting things, ect.

i feel soo stupid:mad:

big_daddy_d
03-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Smooth move ex-lax... Most breaks (moderate) about 6 weeks to heal.... It's a lot easier to throw things at a wall versus hitting it and smashing your hand... In my younger and dumber days I got pissed at the authority figure referred to in my house as mom and ran my own head into the concrete wall blooding myself up and knocking myself unconcious in the process...

Team Ramrod
03-06-2006, 06:29 PM
See, this is why it pays to know where the studs are placed in your walls :D

Ares
03-06-2006, 06:30 PM
ur supposed to punch with ur index and middle knuckles for correct punching form. that way you break what you punch, not it breaks you

03TiburonGT
03-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Way to go! Breaks to fingers like yours can expected to be healed in 6-8 weeks. My brother did the same thing but broke his ring finger. Unfortunately you probably punched with your dominant hand, making you have to write with your opposite hand for up to 2 months. Good luck with that!

DyNasty9
03-06-2006, 06:39 PM
lol we have plaster walls so there like cement. and the place where i punched there was a 2 by 4 behind it so i wasnt going to break it. and..... yes i know how to punch i have a black belt in karate, i was just was a little mad at the time so i hit it with my middle and the rest of my knuckles on the right side of my hand.

lol yup it was my right hand(dominate). but i isnt my finger i broke. but i can kinda write.

taurinic
03-06-2006, 07:05 PM
i got cheap walls, i've made around 3 holes... i once punched my computer modem, the dent was probably half a millimeter and my hand hurt like hell.

Nader
03-06-2006, 07:10 PM
I punched an oak door once, luckily the doorknob fitting was loose, so it broke open. But it still hurt like heck.
Good luck with getting on the baseball team though, and remember, you can always play soccer :D

ooglieboogliebob
03-06-2006, 08:24 PM
^^ HAHA ... that had to sucK :)

But i wish the best of luck for you

NB_Hacker_NB
03-06-2006, 08:40 PM
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/2091/img52265sr8vk.gif
Im just messin dude, get well sooN!!!

druid
03-06-2006, 08:43 PM
makes you want to think twice about juvenile, emotastic, knee-jerk reactions...doesn't it?

DRAGON
03-06-2006, 08:51 PM
I did something like that back in the day. I was drunk and someone bet me I couldn't put my fist through the wall. I did a great job of going through the wall. AMOF it was so great that I didn't know that there was cinder blocks about 2" beyond the plaster. I did not punch it correctly either and fractured my pinky knuckle. I had to wear a full arm cast for 4 weeks then a half arm cast for another 4 weeks. I had to wear the full arm cast first because if I extended my arm it would pull the bone out of the way it was set. So much for being a dumbass drunk. :dodgy: I won the bet though duh - :whistling:

scrappy
03-06-2006, 11:44 PM
One of the Illini basketball players did that last year and missed then entire season lol

Anyway, yeah I've done something similarly stupid. I punched a brick wall and concrete sidewalk with each hand (in one night) to try to impress someone. Needless to say they were impressed at how dumb I was. Don't think anything was broke, just torn up and swollen for a while. Things are healed nicely, just aches a little when rain is coming but that might be because of this

DFSniper
03-07-2006, 01:33 AM
my sister backhanded my friend on his butt-bone and broke her pinkie... just because he was sitting on her bike...

claustrophobia9
03-07-2006, 03:39 AM
hacker, you circled his strongest finger!