PDA

View Full Version : Titan, another new clone

DRAGON
11-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Where the hell are all these clones coming from? First that Azodin company in Cal and now this one. If it's not new LMK because I never heard of it yet -

Thing that mystifies me on this one is it says it runs under 300psi yet it lists an expansion chamber not a reg. Says it's like $180 with eyes and the works -

Did a search and no it's not the Mokal Titan this is a different one. If you search for it all you'll find is the Mokal Titan so here's the link -

http://www.titanairgun.com/index.html

druid
11-22-2008, 01:06 AM
I don't get it either...unless the ASA is also a regulator (that we can't see). Looks like the pre-VS series Spyder markers though

DFSniper
11-22-2008, 03:48 AM
thats what im thinking, or some kind of non-adjustable valve, but the gauge is placed too far forward....

slip-on (plastic?) feedneck :down:
and the milling looks like it was an accident!

edit:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball_Misc_Pics/titanairgun.jpg

it has to be in the "expansion chamber"

DRAGON
11-22-2008, 12:49 PM
I don't get it either...unless the ASA is also a regulator (that we can't see). Looks like the pre-VS series Spyder markers though

I thought of that but doesn't appear to be too much involved with the ASA from the blurry pic they show. The manual and exploded view don't load for me on that site. E/C looks a little involved but I see nothing that eludes it's adjustable. Only thing I can think of is the E/C expands Co2 and regulates at a constant 300psi at the same time -

thats what im thinking, or some kind of non-adjustable valve, but the gauge is placed too far forward....

slip-on (plastic?) feedneck :down:
and the milling looks like it was an accident!...

....it has to be in the "expansion chamber"

Ya, feedneck ftl. Long as it's the same threads as another type marker, aftermarket is always possible. Milling? Not too perdy but at least it has a gauge unlike that Azodin one -

fatkidfrompbaz
11-22-2008, 12:51 PM
it looks all right but how many clones are there in the world

extrabonez
11-22-2008, 01:00 PM
even if it does work ok i would keep my money...that thing just looks ugly to me :\ maybe all those features on a nice looking tactical gun maybe...but with the body it kinda looks like they wanted to cut corners for weight on the body...so tried to make it look nice..but idk..

DRAGON
11-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Well clones like the Rebel, Icon, PsychBal and Dragun and such aren't around any more nor do they shoot at 300psi. Only currently competative one I can think of is PMI and I'm not too sure how long those will be around since they are behind the times in technology. I have other rationale on the PMI line which I choose not to share. These on the other hand are fresh and from California which makes me think they're imports from the far east -

...but with the body it kinda looks like they wanted to cut corners for weight on the body...so tried to make it look nice..but idk..

Exactly what I thought since it weighs in at under 3lbs -

TheDarkShadow
11-22-2008, 07:32 PM
god that is ugly

mrpurplehawk
11-23-2008, 10:49 AM
looks like crap to me and the milling is like barf

davmitchell77
11-23-2008, 05:43 PM
according to the exploded view loaded by DFsniper, the expansion chamber is two piece, with the top containing the reg guts in a stubby unit (giggle, i said unit) not unlike the RG-1.

i would buy it, to fart with, but no more than $125.

IMHO, they would have done better to extend the horizontal lines all the way back, the 3 milled "cut things" on the end just totally ruin the lines.

and it just says '20bps' without sayin' if that is its semi cap, or adjustable auto, or ramps up to. just my $.01 worth, but what do i know?

Ace24
11-23-2008, 05:46 PM
The milling looks terrible and poorly done. The frame looks like an old CAMD frame...

Poor clone.

DFSniper
11-23-2008, 06:05 PM
i realized what the milling reminded me of: the milled BLM bodies.

Master Tech
11-25-2008, 08:53 AM
The foregrip has the internals of a regulator so it does have one but my god that thing looks HIDEOUS!!!

It looks like the company is operating in the Carlsbad, CA area...

DRAGON
11-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Where's the pressure adjuster? -