PDA

View Full Version : Paintball on Discovery Channel

especiialypsycho
11-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey guys, Guess what?

PAINTBALL WAS ON TV IN A GOOD VIEW!!!!

It was on Time Warp a Discovery Channel show where they slow stuff down to see how it works.They were beasically showing how the paintball explodes and stuff.ANyone else see it?

Discuss.

Video up later.

bigred76
11-19-2008, 11:33 PM
I'll have to see if they have it On Demand, I missed it. You shoulda let me know it was on!

DirtySouth
11-20-2008, 05:07 AM
Saw it. :)

bamf-hacker
11-20-2008, 06:28 AM
Some post up a video I missed it.

especiialypsycho
11-20-2008, 06:45 AM
I can't find a video right now. Give it a couple days, it was a new episode.

bamf-hacker
11-20-2008, 11:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXxnuhdjxGU

Found it and I am sooo upset with the lack of concern for safety. Shooting each other without goggles, no BBD's

Just overall not safe!

bigred76
11-20-2008, 12:07 PM
"That 320fps shot..." WHAT THE ****???? They should be ashamed of themselves for playing over the accepted limits, taking off goggles on the field with markers live, and just plain being ****ing fools. I don't know about you guys, but I'm writing the Discovery Channel an email. This is just bull****. If you're going to show something, do it right.

calebh
11-20-2008, 12:11 PM
wtf? for serious. i agree with bamf on safety for sure. they chronoed at 320 fps. why?

"even with protective head gear, you're going to feel that." really? i don't... concussion from a paintball? maybe several point blank shots (or one to the temple, but we're wearing masks, right?)

interesting how a bunch of people who know nothing about paintball are doing a documentary... their asshattery probably did more harm than good for the image of the sport, and they definitely did not set a good example for safety. you'd think pansies like them would actually follow safety rules...

that was pretty cool when they shot a lightbulb, though. i'm writing an email, too.

EDIT: look what i found on their website. "In order to prevent injury, paintball guns are regulated so that the top speed of the fired paintball is 300 feet per second"

vikingshadow
11-20-2008, 04:22 PM
I was perfectly fine with it (the one guy was shooting a phantom, I think) until the end when the girl got shot, laid on the ground, took her mask off. Then the guy SHOT her while her mask was OFF! Then she turned and shot him back (but conveniently had her mask on. Nice editing - not!)

I hate it when lay people discuss/show things they don't understand fully.

bamf-hacker
11-20-2008, 04:55 PM
What really gets me is that was not just anybody. Tami from the Femme Fatales, i am guessing should know better.

vikingshadow
11-20-2008, 05:08 PM
I agree - and ramping on top of it all against newbs, one with a pump.

Not to disparage the OP's "Paintball was on tv in a good view", but I don't agree with that thought.

especiialypsycho
11-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Ok, it wasn't that great a view, but at least it wasn't about some teen idiot hurting someone :Thumbsup:

bigred76
11-20-2008, 05:44 PM
So... what you're saying is Attempted Murder is muuuuuuuuuuch better than Murder and should be supported because of it? ;)