PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Need

Warnichek
11-18-2008, 08:59 AM
If you guys will please say a little prayer for my Dad. He just got laid off from the head accounting position at Pilgrim's Pride chicken. He has been there 16 years. His money helps float our paintball business with a little of his salary. Just say a prayer that something will come up. I know the Lord will provide.

Thanks
Mike Warnick

durrell
11-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Last sentence says it all, bro. The Lord will provide. Everyone is struggling right now..you're not alone. I'll keep you and your family and business in my prayers. :)

Darryl

slim and shady
11-18-2008, 03:17 PM
for sure

especiialypsycho
11-18-2008, 04:53 PM
ill keep you in mind when i go to church

TheDarkShadow
11-18-2008, 05:00 PM
I know how it feels my mom got laid off, and she will be taking a major pay cut at any job she takes

Drefish99
11-18-2008, 06:14 PM
All I have to say is when you are in a financial bind, give more. I live and have lived through some tough financial straits with my family and every time I have thought about cutting down in my giving. My wife and I pray and the answer is always to give more. To the church, to those people ringing the bells on the street next to the red kettle. What ever the case. Give more and the Lord will give more back to you. Your family is in my prayers.

Mark 12:41-44

The Widow's Offering
41Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins,worth only a fraction of a penny.

43Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on."

xsvly-fat
11-19-2008, 08:30 PM
I'll be praying for you guys.

Ace24
11-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Just said a prayer.

I know how that is. My father got laid off from Kodak way back in '93(I think). I was too young to remember the date, but I do remember the stress, the tension and all the suffering. He was laid off something like 3 weeks shy of a full pension. (Which by the way is about to run out...)

My prayers will be with you. It'll be rough, but God will guide you through.

Warnichek
11-21-2008, 06:47 AM
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE PRAYERS!!!

I obviously have been talking with my dad, just seems like a different tone than normal. He says he is not worrying but I am. I guess I am worrying for my mom too because she deals with things a little different. But he said things will work out and they will be alright.
We put his situation on the prayer list at church so that helped too.