PDA

View Full Version : What upgrades should I get for xtra

dpepper509
11-17-2008, 03:33 PM
hey i was wondering what upgrades would be cool for an 07 xtra. My setup now is xtra with apex barrel and everything is stock besides that. And i don't want to hear you guys telling me how bad you think the apex is. And i don't want them to be expensive and i dont really want to order online like things that i can get at academy is what im looking for. I thought about a better trigger but i dont think i really need it. any suggestions?

TheDarkShadow
11-17-2008, 04:40 PM
new feedneck is a must

DFSniper
11-17-2008, 04:48 PM
maddman spring kit because it has a really nice mech trigger spring set. clamping feedneck is a must, and umm... i would get some kind of on/off too.

vikingshadow
11-17-2008, 04:54 PM
hey i was wondering what upgrades would be cool for an 07 xtra. My setup now is xtra with apex barrel and everything is stock besides that. And i don't want to hear you guys telling me how bad you think the apex is. And i don't want them to be expensive and i dont really want to order online like things that i can get at academy is what im looking for. I thought about a better trigger but i dont think i really need it. any suggestions?

Wow, are you sure you want to upgrade? You're really limiting us!

ASA and clamping feedneck. Maybe a new bolt and a new barrel. :p

Not sure if you can get any of this stuff from Academy, though.

Splitter
01-31-2009, 03:31 PM
I've been having fun with this little project: http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z162/LeadSplitter/Spyder.jpg

It's a Spyder Xtra from around 2003. I've got a twister barrel, Java 6 stage expansion chamber, and 32 degrees Venturi bolt. I painted the body flat black.

Things I'd like to do:
better bolt, volumizer, velocity adjuster (any suggestions?)

familywgn
01-31-2009, 04:29 PM
What would be an example of a good ASA? And for a new bolt?

thanks

Splitter
02-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Derlin bolt is always the way to go for Xtra

But if you have that cheap stock bolt that comes with them, even a 32 degrees venturi would work better and is only $10.