PDA

View Full Version : Good and Bad about the Trinity AK-47 X-chamber

sneekypete
11-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Hey everybody
I was thinking about getting the AK-47 expansion chamber from Trinity and would like any feed back on it or if there is an other expansion chamber that looks like a mag that fits the MR-2
Thanks

slim and shady
11-14-2008, 11:35 PM
there are others that fit the MR2 however they dont fit tightly to the marker body like the trinity AK that being said if you are handy you could always build a "skirt" to make it look more like it belongs. You already know what I think about the trinity AK.

sneekypete
11-15-2008, 05:52 AM
Thats why I put Bad in the title so it would include you.:D
Dont happen to have a link to any of the other X-chamber.

slim and shady
11-15-2008, 06:00 PM
look on the trinity web page they have an M16 as well and RAP 4 has one too. I would grab links but im just a little to bussy right now. If I get time latter on I will throw some up. Sorry Hat.

sonik
11-15-2008, 07:42 PM
I have had no problems with my Trinity AK-47 mag expansion chamber, but I have heard of a few leaking problems from some. The key is to get in installed right the first time, and unfortunately the instructions (it comes with instructions??!?!!) were non-existent in the package I received...

If you are not air-tool handy, you may have some difficulty.

I was meaning to put up a how to on this product, but I got busy (lazy too perhaps) and haven't yet.

Basically the o-rings must be white greased (you may know it as lithium grease) and the top ring that sits between the marker and the expansion chamber needs to be greased and PRESENT! Many people leave it off the marker... i don't know why... they just do.

I also used blue locktite and teflon tape on the threading into the marker body as well as, and this is also critical, clean off the the old red loctitie Kingman used for the mini-expansion chamber with a toothpick, and make sure you don't get any of it inside the marker... hold the marker upright and work from underneath it.

The drag I had was the remote line adapter... the one I got from the site that sold me the mag sent me an adapter with the wrong thread. I was able to buy a 'pure energy' remote line and the thread on the adapter fit perfectly. (also blue loctite and teflon taped).

I will try to post pics... but I am very happy with my mag... I think Slim got a lemon and that is why he doesn't like it. :-)

Hope this helps.

sneekypete
11-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Thats awsome Sonik
Thanks

sneekypete
11-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Its all good. I know what it is like to be busy. I have a package sitting hear addressed to you that just needs to get to the post office just have not had time.

interceptorMR2
11-16-2008, 06:49 AM
I had a major problem with leaking, so mine never worked. My story probably isn't a fair representation, but it still never worked for me. I think it hates me...

sneekypete
11-28-2008, 03:27 AM
Hey Sonic does your expantion chamber flex. When I don't screw in the front screw there is a 1/4 inch gap between the rail (where the screw goes in) and the bottom of the marker. This goes for anyone really

slim and shady
11-29-2008, 11:30 AM
yup mine was like that too, another thing your going to have to do Hat is get a longer screw that goes right through your derilin shroud the chamber mounting bracket and threads into the plug. If you just screw it into the derlin shroud when you air it up it will just strip the threads out.

sneekypete
11-29-2008, 12:08 PM
SO if I understand you right. In order for the holes to line up I have to drill a hole in the rail that hold on the chamber so it corisponds (SP) with the one that holds the derlin shroud on. So in the end I will have one screw that goes through the rail on the chamber, through the shroud and right into the metal plug. Correct?

sonik
11-29-2008, 12:30 PM
pictures are good.... :-) they help me see... but yes with one screw it flexes a fair amount, that is why i told you would have to go back to your original shroud.

but without seeing it, how many o-rings did you install on the silver expansion plug? you should have three. but don't put one on the bottom as it creates an airtight seal that makes it difficult to seat the mag all the way on.

I won't be able to take it apart yet as I have remove the quick release remote plug ( it catches on the inside of the silver mag plug)... i'll do that some time...

sneekypete
11-29-2008, 01:07 PM
I only have 2 0-ring on the silver plug and then one between the marker and the silver plug. Should I have an other one on there.
I did put the original shroud back on but it just does not look right so I will try what Shady suggested and if that does not work I will only have and exta hole on the rail of the chamber not a big deal.
As long as it is normal for it to flex. That was my concern

slim and shady
11-29-2008, 01:45 PM
SO if I understand you right. In order for the holes to line up I have to drill a hole in the rail that hold on the chamber so it corisponds (SP) with the one that holds the derlin shroud on. So in the end I will have one screw that goes through the rail on the chamber, through the shroud and right into the metal plug. Correct?

yup, its not a big deal to do it.

sneekypete
11-30-2008, 07:21 AM
Since I had to take it apart to drill the hole I took a picture of the silver tube (http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o463/sneekypete1/Picture170.jpg)and the o-rings. I will grease it again before I put it back just waiting for the lock tight to dry. Do I need an o-ring right at the top?

sonik
11-30-2008, 08:43 AM
I put a slightly fatter ring on the top most groove as well and greased it, as well as adding the pale yellow ring between the marker and the silver plug. I got it at a hardware store where they had faucet replacement washers (where I got the parts for a home made silencer)...

Since I had to take it apart to drill the hole I took a picture of the silver tube (http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o463/sneekypete1/Picture170.jpg)and the o-rings. I will grease it again before I put it back just waiting for the lock tight to dry. Do I need an o-ring right at the top?

sneekypete
11-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Ok Thanks
Home made silencer hey care to share. If so PM me

slim and shady
11-30-2008, 09:56 AM
I wouldnt be making any silencers Hat read the ATF rules, that has the potential to be alot of trouble. The only legal way to use a silencer on a paintball gun is if it is permanently fixed to the barrel and the barrel is permanently fixed to the gun.

I ended up using a really fat oring between the body and the chamber too, and so far (knock on wood) it hasnt leqaked again.

sneekypete
11-30-2008, 10:00 AM
I did not mean a real one. It did not even accure (sp) to me that he ment a real one.
It did not leak with no o-ring in the top but I will put one on.

bigred76
11-30-2008, 12:16 PM
The Canadians are coming, the Canadians are coming, the Canadians are coming! :eek:

Relax fellas. I'm sure he isn't stupid enough to make himself a real silencer. :rolleyes:

sonik
11-30-2008, 09:03 PM
it doesn't 'silence' anything. it is just for looks ... chill, winston... :-)

sonik
11-30-2008, 09:14 PM
i did find this .... paranoia... it seems to be everywhere these days...

I'm not even sure what problem would be ... the technology to make sub-sonic projectiles is so old it is practically public domain... I'm kinda scratching my head at why they would be any fuss in the first place.

This is quoted from a site that i found in google by typing "paintball silencer" it was the first hit.... this seems to be a real attempt... not my half-assed 'for looks' model...

quoted -->>> "Now a word of warning. I am not in the US, according to the ATF this is illegal, even though it is for your paintball gun, not a real gun. Here in Canada we don't have the ATF, the individual city or provincial cop would have to charge you, after making a person, professional judgment if he thought that it was worth laying a charge. In the states that's all the ATF does, tracks down firearm offenses and kicks in the door.
You DON'T want it to be your door.
So I'm taking the risk. Maybe you shouldn't, it's your call."

is the ATF really that horrible as it sounds? wow.

bigred76
11-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Yeah, they really are. Lemme run a search here for Druid's article on it. While he isn't ATF, he is a prison guard dealing with individuals who run afoul of the ATF.

Link: http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2035

Now, from my understanding of it, it's because paintball silencers could be modified to work on "real" firearms. Paintball markers are under the "Less Lethal Firearm" category, just for clarification. Not a totally bad reason, but it doesn't matter to me as most markers nowadays are nice 'n quiet with a properly ported barrel (UL, Matchstick, Fibur, etc).

I remember an incident or two where the ATF had to kick in doors over here in my area that my uncle was involved in. It's mainly because they deal with idiots in the first place. Most people don't realize that the ATF kicks in your door and secures you and every other living thing in the house because there ARE those in the US that do wish to kill federal agents. They simply don't take the risk, it isn't worth the cost if it goes awry.

sneekypete
12-05-2008, 02:34 AM
I finally got some time to grease and pressure up the AK-47 expantion chamber and no leaks and I think that my fix for the custom shroud actually makes it better.

slim and shady
12-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Thats great!