PDA

View Full Version : tulane's first tournament

calebh
11-09-2008, 03:50 PM
i just got cleaned up after our club's first tournament. yall may remember me posting about starting a paintball club at tulane in the spring... we went 1-4 plus 3 draws, two of which were against the teams that advanced from our bracket. considering this was the first time we'd played together ever, and only one of us had recent tournament experience, i didn't think we did too terribly. we didn't do much worse than LSU, and they only had one practice together this season (they're an established team at a much larger school, though). we've got to start somewhere.

i think a really kickass video from our win (story to come later) will boost interest among the members, which would definitely help get us some more skill on the team, and maybe we can manage to compete in larger tournaments as well.

so the story... i'd been wanting to use my phantom all day, but my teammates kept talking me out of it. after 5 games without a win, i pulled it out anyway. i made it to the flag off the break (first time anyone did it all day, though a few more did after me. apparently i inspired them / showed them how it's done). somebody running the show got on the speaker and made sure everyone was watching "the guy with the flag and pump at the 50." after the game, he announced that i took 2 players out, though if i did, i didn't see it. maybe, i don't watch much from the 50. but that was our win. our guy sitting out taped the whole thing, and it's pretty sweet. we tried it again the next game, but both my teammates got taken out in the first 30 seconds, so it was me with a pump at the very middle of the field against 3 semis. i wish i was good enough to win that. at least we got points for the pull. lol the last game, i sat out and let a teammate use the phantom. he took the snake off the break, and it came down to a 1 on 1 with him. but again, firepower won. i'm pretty sure he's hooked on pump play, though :D

maybe we can get a tulane pump team :rolleyes:

TheDarkShadow
11-09-2008, 04:25 PM
sounds awsome

nastystankweed
11-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Cool sounds like you had a lot of fun. Keep it going

codymm1014
11-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Nice. Glad to hear someone else breaks out the pump.