PDA

View Full Version : My first day with MR2

machine
11-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Well i finally got out today with the mr2. I must say i was very very impressed.

Temp was just over freezing (canada)
wet snow / rain all day.

Gun worked flawlessly all day .

ACS worked good but I had to recock the 2 times I had issues. I did do the break in method. I think the gun just needs some break in time its self.

I dont use full auto but burst and semi were great. Gun was fairly accurate on stock barrel , but i did get to use a JJ and it was alot nicer.

Ran HPA with remote line so the cold wasnt an issue .

I really wish the stock was about 2 to 3 inches longer ( i have long arms )
Any recomendations?

The only ball break I had was a chop . I was on full auto but laying down and under fire so im sure i hit the trigger when the hopper was on its side. Also my hopper wont keep up on full auto.

So all in all , the horrid things a read about this gun didnt show up at all. I think i will stick with it and have some fun ( gun was free) .

What iron sights would you guys recomend . i have the mr3 rail with red dot but its still hard to quickly look through it . i think i would rater have something else. I may look into a longer stock or build up the back of the stock one .

thanks guys

jim762
11-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Glad to hear you had a great time with your MR2. (especially for free!!)I have an MR3 and haven't had any of the problems i have been reading about. What kind of hopper ar you using? I am using an eggy 3, and it keeps up with my MR3 on full auto no problem. I can unload a hopper in under a minute. The only thing i don't like about the eggy is that it is loud, but i am working on something to quiet it a little.

machine
11-09-2008, 05:19 PM
it is a diablo frontman tsa , but i belive diablo just put there name on it. forget who originally makes it .

Still want to find nice iron sigts that work with the stock (ie high enough) mabye m4 sights

TheDarkShadow
11-09-2008, 06:35 PM
halo makes it, and it tops out at 14 or 15 bps i think

sneekypete
11-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Try something like this (http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/blade-holographic-scope-20mm-rail-p-516.html)it is not an iron sight but it might help. Glad you had a good day with your marker it is a great marker. Hope you have lots more.

Dalenator31
04-28-2009, 08:40 PM
If you want a longer stock, i would recommend the one on the main Spyder site. I forgot what it's called, but it's pretty good. Can't really see the sights, though. The MR2 is a beastly gun, it's a workout just carrying it :D

slim and shady
04-28-2009, 08:59 PM
MR series adjustable stock?

Dalenator31
04-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Exactly :yeahthat:
Thanks haha.

sneekypete
04-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Its not longer than the stock one

Dalenator31
04-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Fully extended, it's about an inch or two longer.

sneekypete
05-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Ok so it is a little longer. My bad :shrug: :D