PDA

View Full Version : Acidwash Spyders?

davmitchell77
11-04-2008, 05:02 PM
OK, for the longest time, I thought my old SE was the only Spyder that had that amazing acidwash green/black anno job. Early this year, I found a Rodeo that had the same finish. So I bought it. (I can't help it- I'm obsessed with the looks) A few weeks ago, I was playing email-tag with someone who wanted to trade thier Pilot (blue for red, could it be?), and lo and behold, when I got pics, I was floored. The Pilot was acidwashed. So I traded for it.

Now I'm curious, how many models came with that finish? Do I have them all, or is this going to be a neverending thing?

I do know one thing, if I ever find someone who can duplicate the anno, my impulse will be blue/black acidwash; my cocker green/black; my sniper blue/black; my trilogy pink/black; etc, etc...

TheDarkShadow
11-04-2008, 05:06 PM
as far as i know, only rodeos had acid wash, but i guess not

DFSniper
11-04-2008, 05:14 PM
rodeo, SE, and i believe the camo pilot.

Ace24
11-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Rick at AcidRain would probably be able to anno your gun with that acidwash. Acidwash isn't too unique unless it's aftermarket. There are quite a few markers with this type of anno. A lot of the older ones had these crazy anno's.

Kingman-Rep
11-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Those are the only three markers that Spyder produced.

However, there used to be an online company in the northwest (oregon i think) who used to acidwash all kinds of markers in many different colors. I remember he did 50 or so AMGs that sold out in a week. I can't remember what company did them, but i think it was Dan Bonebrake @ paintballfirst.com (closed down a two years ago)

so you might find some of his work.

davmitchell77
11-05-2008, 07:00 PM
yeah, i remember when the whole splash thing was the rage. not the same, but similar. and garish, to me, just never could get into it. like i was shooting a tie dyed t-shirt.

the sole exception is a sheridan XTS Nemisis that was silver with black splash. looked enough like urban camo for me to like.

im gonna google bonebrake and acidrain and see what i can find.

of course, the pink/black is for my daughter...

thanks so much for the good info!

vwjimmy
11-06-2008, 06:23 AM
Wasn't the Flash an acid wash finish?

Kingman-Rep
11-06-2008, 08:06 AM
[QUOTE=davmitchell77;223533]

im gonna google bonebrake and acidrain and see what i can find.

QUOTE]

He used to call it fusion. hope that helps.