PDA

View Full Version : Turn a vs1 into a vs2

spyder vs1 rocks
11-04-2008, 02:35 PM
hey i wanna trick out my vs1 and make it look more like a vs2, what are the parts i would need and what are some good websites to buy parts from for cheap???

TheDarkShadow
11-04-2008, 03:09 PM
buy a vs2 body/ eye covers

Paintball Freak
11-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Hey I've actually done this... Get a VS2 body and and a VS2 front block... Then buy a VS series body color kit of your choice... I'm not sure about the Macro line and how that would fit... But If you don't change the Reg or the Front Block and just get the new VS2 body and color kit then you'll be fine... And the best place to get parts is here on the forums! Or may be on PBnation... Anyway... This is a really bad picture but... http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm88/paintballfreak14/Picture002.jpg
Thats just with a new body... Oh and I have the VS2 infiniti trigger on it...;)
But everything fits okay, anyway the VS1 and VS2 are basically brothers...:D

DirtySouth
11-04-2008, 04:39 PM
That body needs an anno. =]

deano 177
11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
is the vs1 striker like the vs2's or is it more like the mr1?

TheDarkShadow
11-04-2008, 06:47 PM
what do you mean by that deano? probably like the VS2 because, most of the parts are interchangeable

Critical
11-04-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm sitting here looking at the internals from a VS1, and remembering the internals of my VS2, the only things you should have to change should be the lower internals. The differences are a slightly different sized striker, so you need different springs, and the balance valve. Other than that, they're functionally identical. There's no benefit that I can think of to spend the money to do this, it's purely cosmetic, or, in the case of the balance valve, limits your choice of air sources.

ferret15
11-05-2008, 08:59 AM
well, critical using the VS2 I got from you you know very well it works.

I put a palmers reg that handles CO2 just fine. and i haven't had any serious issue with using CO2
It would freeze up exactly at 13bps
and i am sure anti-siphon tank would raise that number. and a HPA would raise that even further.

I have heard of changing out the o-ring to urethane (clear) from the buna(black) for extra security. but it works.
the stock Reg on the VS2 is where you have issues because its not CO2 Friendly.

edit: oh, yeah, the lower internals would be,
~balance Valve, Mini striker, and the Main spring is shorter so either cut it or buy the replacement. valve spring appears to be same.

sundragonpb.com has all the parts you need.

Mazza
11-30-2008, 03:21 AM
I'm sitting here looking at the internals from a VS1, and remembering the internals of my VS2, the only things you should have to change should be the lower internals. The differences are a slightly different sized striker, so you need different springs, and the balance valve. Other than that, they're functionally identical. There's no benefit that I can think of to spend the money to do this, it's purely cosmetic, or, in the case of the balance valve, limits your choice of air sources.

Are the striker plugs identical?
My VS1 strike plug is damaged and missing a piece at the back which won't allow me to adjust the velocity.
Just need to make sure before I go and buy a VS colour body kit.