PDA

View Full Version : Looking to up my RSX

RSX99
11-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Any input from RSX owners or knowledgeable peeps is appreciated. What parts really need to be changed out on this marker?

I was thinking of:

- a different reg
- adding a drop forward
- new board? can these be flashed?

xsvly-fat
11-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Drop forwards are more of an opinion thing, I never put one on my guns but its different for everyone, I'm not sure if the board can be flashed but I know you can get a chip for it which is the same thing.

DirtySouth
11-04-2008, 08:34 AM
I don't think Spyder flashes boards. I wouldn't recommend a drop foward. Go with a rail instead. Drop fowards make your gun too....tall? Can't get a word for it. Rails allow you to ajust your tank and all so that's the main reason I'd recommend one.

bigred76
11-04-2008, 03:21 PM
The board in an RSX is a Tadao. You can contact them about it.

RSX99
11-13-2008, 06:20 AM
Anyone know if the reg is worth upgrading?

bamf-hacker
11-13-2008, 06:57 AM
OK I am the king of upgrading and have recently turned over a new leaf...

Why are you upgrading? Is the current board not working correctly? Do you need a mode that is not on the current board? Does the reg you have now have issues feeding the marker?

If something is not at all right then upgrade. If it is working great and there are no feature issues then keep things the way they are and get some paint to play.

Don't get me wrong upgrading is fun and heck I still do it, but now I think more about the upgrades before I spend my hard earned cash on them.

RSX99
11-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Good point Bamf. I'm basically trying to find out if the reg is in need of upgrading. I haven't been able to use my RSX much this year since it was in for repair. I have a lot of questions because the last time I played, it was with a Spyder Elite so electros/regs/compressed air is all new to me. I did have one hell of an expansion chamber back in the day though :rolleyes:

On the other hand, I intend on buying the $20 VS chip for teh tadao board.

DRAGON
11-13-2008, 07:12 PM
A new barrel and the chip if you want all that extra pizazz(not to be confused with pizza). I haven't felt the need to up my RSX since I got it a while ago. J&J barrel and that's it. I could have added a chip for free but for my usage doesn't require all that extra stuff. Pretty impressive just the way it stands. I'm thinking that's the way Kingman intended it to be and so be it -

RSX99
11-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the insight Dragon.